2019 Draft Talk

swede700

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In one of the first of many too early mocks...

18. Minnesota: Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama
This draft is loaded with defensive linemen. The 6' 7", 305-pound Davis had 8.5 sacks last year, and had proven he can be a force in the pass rush even if his numbers have dropped this season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/17/mock-draft-2019-justin-herbert-new-york-giants-qb

So, once again, no offensive lineman is really available at their point in the draft (and it appears to be really weak for OL next year anyway).  

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

In one of the first of many too early mocks...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/17/mock-draft-2019-justin-herbert-new-york-giants-qb

So, once again, no offensive lineman is really available at their point in the draft (and it appears to be really weak for OL next year anyway).  

I'd assume in this scenario that Richardson isn't coming back. I don't think the Vikes must grab an OG in round one. Might be as big of needs at DE, DT and OLB depending on upon how free agency goes.

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

There is apparently never an OL available in round one. 

Yeah there is. I was hoping they would draft Will Hernandez when it was their turn to pick. IMO, the Vikings would be looking a lot better right now with Hernandez on the team than Mike Hughes. And yeah, that factors in scheme. Of course, the bar isn't so high when considering that Hughes is on IR. Overall, I am happy with how Hughes had been looking. Just not happy with what the Vikings have done at offensive line since before Spielman came to the Vikings.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:15 PM, Cearbhall said:

Yeah there is. I was hoping they would draft Will Hernandez when it was their turn to pick. IMO, the Vikings would be looking a lot better right now with Hernandez on the team than Mike Hughes. And yeah, that factors in scheme. Of course, the bar isn't so high when considering that Hughes is on IR. Overall, I am happy with how Hughes had been looking. Just not happy with what the Vikings have done at offensive line since before Spielman came to the Vikings.

How has Hernandez looked? It sounds like the Giants line might be worse than the Vikings

• 4 weeks later...