2019 Draft Talk

swede700

41 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

I thought you might have been targeting a Clemson DT, but as you said there is a lot of DL talent and value left.  The second best TE and a difference maker in the passing game is a solid choice.  Looking forward to round 2.

I also, technically, still have Sheldon Richardson as well, so that factored into my decision on taking Fant over one of the DT's.  Only Williams and Oliver are gone from the group as well; the position is definitely in play for rounds two or three depending on how the rest of the board falls.  I likely won't actively try and trade up like I have been, but if there's a run, I might try to get aggressive 

Picks Remaining

1.18 - Cody Ford [G/T] Oklahoma
1.29  - Noah Fant [TE] Iowa (via KC Chiefs & Xavier Rhodes Trade)
4.125 (via DEN Broncos & Kyle Rudolph Trade)
6.210 (comp)
7.221 (via PIT & Laquan Treadwell trade)
7.249 (comp)
7.254 (comp)

I've also, without realizing, limited my board to players with eight letter names /shrug

Edited by RpMc

15 hours ago, RpMc said:

I also, technically, still have Sheldon Richardson as well, so that factored into my decision on taking Fant over one of the DT's.  Only Williams and Oliver are gone from the group as well; the position is definitely in play for rounds two or three depending on how the rest of the board falls.  I likely won't actively try and trade up like I have been, but if there's a run, I might try to get aggressive 

Picks Remaining

1.18 - Cody Ford [G/T] Oklahoma
1.29  - Noah Fant [TE] Iowa (via KC Chiefs & Xavier Rhodes Trade)
4.125 (via DEN Broncos & Kyle Rudolph Trade)
6.210 (comp)
7.221 (via PIT & Laquan Treadwell trade)
7.249 (comp)
7.254 (comp)

I've also, without realizing, limited my board to players with eight letter names /shrug

You have been in a good spot to hit on needs/value with Ford and Risner going back to back and again with Fant and Smith.  Both ending what I would say was that tier of OL and TE.

You are going to have to change draft strategy for round 2. ;)

50 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

You have been in a good spot to hit on needs/value with Ford and Risner going back to back and again with Fant and Smith.  Both ending what I would say was that tier of OL and TE.

You are going to have to change draft strategy for round 2. ;)

I mean... there's still a guy with an 8 letter name that I could take.

With the 50th pick of the 2019 BDP Mock Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select...

Image result for jerry tillery

Jerry Tillery | DT | Notre Dame

Quick get off, high motor, and a deadly club/rip move.  The Vikings have been looking for consistency out of the 3T position since Kevin WIlliams left.  Tillery has some issues with consistency in his technique, but his varied pass rushing moves and disruptive nature will have him making a year one impact on our defensive line as a rotational player, or starter, pending what happens with Sheldon Richardson this offseason.  Building through the trenches is something that I'll always advocate for, so I'm happy to land Tillery at this point in the second round.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/22/minnesota-vikings-pre-combine-7-round-mock/

The draft network's mock for the Vikings.   I'd be pretty happy with it.  Only thing I might change would be to change the 2nd round pick to a LB to replace Barr if they couldn't find a cheap decent vet

Basically has hit the same positions I have with different picks.  G/DT/TE and i've hit G/TE/DT

None of that doesn’t sound like Fant. He’s not an incredible run blocker, but it’s not for lack of willingness or strength, it’s technique; he sometimes dips his head and lunges. Will he likely ever get to be the blocker that Hockenson is, probably not, but there’s no reason to think, based on what I’ve seen at least, he couldn’t be a good blocker at the position. He’s already better than Kyle Rudolph in that aspect of the game  

When watching him, there are just as many reps that look like this as there are misses:

———

assuming that’s what you’re referring to?