2019 Draft Talk

swede700

On 2/27/2019 at 5:28 AM, Boda said:

Im sorry but this is total crap.  EVERY year we hear people say so & so has absolutely no chance of falling yet miraculously EVERY year there's that one talent that falls.  You have absolutely no idea of whats going to happen.  I have seen from multiple sources that I trust that Risner is going anywhere from 15- 40.  Sorry if I'll take their word over yours

Yeah, and they're usually falling because of something that we're not privy to.  And if they're falling, majority of the teams have taken him off the board.  Let's look at this objectively, he's hit just about every mark he needed to this offseason.  He was dominant at the Senior Bowl, he hit the measurements for arm length for a LT, and OT is a premium position.  What's your reasoning for Risner being there with your SRP?  If it's the logic that he could be the guy who falls, there's really nothing to justify that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Oh and my Bradberry..... I’m happy to see him moving up boards all over. 

To me now he may be getting overhyped. But guy is pretty dang good

I'm a little disappointed that he's doing so well. While he's a little older than I like my prospects to be, I really, really liked him...particularly for a ZBS. I wanted to take him in the third round for the 49ers. While that's still not out of the realm of possibility, I have to admit the fact that based on what he has done, I think he has a legit shot at going in the top 64 picks now. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm a little disappointed that he's doing so well. While he's a little older than I like my prospects to be, I really, really liked him...particularly for a ZBS. I wanted to take him in the third round for the 49ers. While that's still not out of the realm of possibility, I have to admit the fact that based on what he has done, I think he has a legit shot at going in the top 64 picks now. 

Exactly what I have thought for the Vikings. Really I was just hoping for him as our 2nd round pick. Exactly like you said, its still possible, but I think he actually has a shot of climbing up even higher. 

You even see some guys mocking him round 1 now. Best ZBS fit, in this class, for an interior lineman, I believe.

52 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Same for Fant

Fant, one of the top tight end prospects in this year’s draft, ran an unofficial 4.51-second 40-yard dash in his first attempt this morning at the Scouting Combine, a very fast time for a 6-foot-4, 249-pound tight end.

No college has ever had two first-round tight ends in the same draft, but Iowa may be the first this year with Fant and T.J. Hockenson, who isn’t as fast as Fant but is viewed by many draft observers as an even better all-around prospect.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/02/noah-fant-shows-off-impressive-speed-at-the-combine/