2019 Draft Talk

swede700

1 hour ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Metcalf wasn't the only WR to put up some impressive numbers, but wow!  If his pro-day and interviews go well, I could see him being picked by the Lions, Broncos, or Bills in the top 10.    

Now you got this Josh Allen fan excited!

• Like 1

Didn’t Metcalf come into the combine with some ridiculously low body fat percentage? Like 1.6%? 

Maybe it’s something i’m remembering wrong in my head, but I think at some point a low body fat percentage has a correlation with increased injury risk. If that is indeed the case, that could explain why he was oft injured. 

Guy is impressive, no doubt about it, but despite the insane talent he’s still a no for me (though I seriously can’t envision a scenario where he ever falls to our pick after his combine performance). There’s going to be #3 starter quality receivers available later in the draft and definitely in free agency, which is definitely the route i’d rather go. Remember, BPA is based on a team’s board, not necessarily who the best talent is available. I think the focus for us will be much more canted towards the O-line, D-line, and linebackers. Hock makes sense as well as a TE because he’s multifaceted as a receiver and blocker, and his talent is seen by some as generational.

If Metcalf somehow makes it to 18, maybe i’ll sing a different tune,  but I just don’t see it being a great fit right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

24 hours ago no one was mentioning Metcalf for the Vikings. Him running around in shorts shouldn’t change that. 

I want nothing to do with a first round receiver. I hope Spielman has learned this with Percy Harvin, Cordarrelle Patterson and Laquon Treadwell.

• Like 1

Swede did a great job coordinating this summary of a Vikings composite Big Board based on the opinions of people on this site:

Vikings Forum's Composite Big Board 

1. Devin White, LSU (LB)
 2. Ed Oliver, Houston (DT)
 3. Jonah Williams, Alabama (OT)
 4. Cody Ford, Oklahoma (iOL)
 5. Jawaan Taylor, Florida (OT)
 6. TJ Hockenson, Iowa (TE)
 7. Dexter Lawrence, Clemson (DT)
 8. Christian Wilkins, Clemson (DT)
 9. Dalton Risner, Kansas St (OT)
 10.Devin Bush, Michigan (LB)
 11.Andre Dillard, Washington St (OT)
 12.Greedy Williams, LSU (CB)
 13.Greg Little, Mississippi (OT)
 14.Charles Omenihu, Texas (DT)
 15.Chris Lindstrom, Boston College (iOL)

Honorable Mention: Noah Fant (TE), Garrett Bradbury (C), Rashan Gary (DE)

Metcalf truly was a big winner of the underwear Olympics, aka the combine. But I still would not pick him instead of any of the 18 players listed, and unless Rick trades down at least one of them, and most likely more will be available when we're on the clock.

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

24 hours ago no one was mentioning Metcalf for the Vikings. Him running around in shorts shouldn’t change that. 

I was the one who brought him up. It's basically the first time I've brought anyone up this draft cycle because I've hardly paid attention to anything this year. It was a simple question, that's all.

8 hours ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Didn’t Metcalf come into the combine with some ridiculously low body fat percentage? Like 1.6%? 

Maybe it’s something i’m remembering wrong in my head, but I think at some point a low body fat percentage has a correlation with increased injury risk. If that is indeed the case, that could explain why he was oft injured. 

Guy is impressive, no doubt about it, but despite the insane talent he’s still a no for me (though I seriously can’t envision a scenario where he ever falls to our pick after his combine performance). There’s going to be #3 starter quality receivers available later in the draft and definitely in free agency, which is definitely the route i’d rather go. Remember, BPA is based on a team’s board, not necessarily who the best talent is available. I think the focus for us will be much more canted towards the O-line, D-line, and linebackers. Hock makes sense as well as a TE because he’s multifaceted as a receiver and blocker, and his talent is seen by some as generational.

If Metcalf somehow makes it to 18, maybe i’ll sing a different tune,  but I just don’t see it being a great fit right now.

Maybe the Vikings should draft Metcalf and then hire me as a special assistant to teach him how to put on some body fat. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Why isn't Danielle Hunter always hurt then?

For men, essential fat levels are between 2 and 5 percent, with male athletes often having levels from 6 to 13 percent. A fit man might have a body fat percentage between 14 and 17 percent, while the average man ranges from 18 to 24 percent fat.

https://www.google.com/search?q=minimum+body+fat+percentage&oq=minimum+body+fat+percentage&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.6461j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

to be likely drafted in what round...?

Been viewed as a Day 3 guy, but with those measureables, someone could take a look at him late day 2.  Round 4 would make a lot of sense to me, though.

• Like 1