2019 Draft Talk

swede700

On 3/2/2019 at 5:55 PM, Viking Penguin said:

Agreed 100%

Passing on Metcalf is like passing on Randy Moss, we'd pay for it for the next decade plus.  You take him if he is there.  I want FA starting  O-Linemen, not projects.  Spend FA money on the line, draft the other needs.  If he's not there than draft a stud G or tackle.

That's an awfully high expectation and isn't based in reality, considering he doesn't have anywhere near the top end talent, nor even the production of Moss.  He's not even in the same stratosphere as Moss.  While he might be a fine pro, he's not going be anywhere near my big board for the Vikings' pick at #18.  

• Like 1

Metcalf wasn't nearly as prolific a RECEIVER as Moss in college... they've got to do more than look good in mirror selfies and run fast in a straight line. Against a different level of competition, but Moss had 50% more yardage in one season (1820 yards) than Metcalf had in his career (1228 yards). Metcalf has 67 career receptions... let's cool the "generational" prospect talk.

He might not even be the best receiver on his college team.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2019 at 3:19 PM, Klomp said:

Do you draft DK Metcalf if he's there?

I mean, maybe, would really depend on who is all there. I still think he goes top 10

On 3/2/2019 at 9:27 PM, Kparty15 said:

Looking back at Brian O’Neill’s combine stats compared to this years class I can’t believe how big of a steal we got on him.  He performed as good or better of a combine than just about everyone in this years class.  Statistically O’Neill was better than Jonah Williams in every category from size to athleticism.

Well we knew he was far more athletic than Williams before the combine started. O’Neill was a converted TE.

On 3/3/2019 at 1:57 AM, NorthCountryEvo said:

Didn’t Metcalf come into the combine with some ridiculously low body fat percentage? Like 1.6%? 

This is absolutely false. In high school my senior year I cut my rear end off to see if I could wrestle 119 lbs. Literally cut my rear end off. I went thru skin folds, and I came out to 6.4% body fat. I was literally skin and bones. 

There is no way he could be at 2% unless he was pumped full of steroids and dehydrated his body and would most likely be in a hospital not being able to run a 40 yard dash. 

The combine does not do skin folds to determine body fat, I have no idea how someone came up with those numbers

on a side note, I wouldn’t be shocked if he was around 10% for someone his size that is very impressive.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, swede700 said:

That's an awfully high expectation and isn't based in reality, considering he doesn't have anywhere near the top end talent, nor even the production of Moss.  He's not even in the same stratosphere as Moss.  While he might be a fine pro, he's not going be anywhere near my big board for the Vikings' pick at #18.  

I'm definitely not saying he will equal Randy Moss or produce the same as Randy Moss.  I'm saying if we pass on a guy with his talent I'll guarantee it comes back to burn us over the next 10 years.  I think he should be considered, we need a guy who can blow the doors off defenses.  Diggs, Theilen, Metcalf is a killer trio.  

On 3/2/2019 at 5:55 PM, Viking Penguin said:

Agreed 100%

Passing on Metcalf is like passing on Randy Moss, we'd pay for it for the next decade plus.  You take him if he is there.  I want FA starting  O-Linemen, not projects.  Spend FA money on the line, draft the other needs.  If he's not there than draft a stud G or tackle.

No on so many levels.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Viking Penguin said:

I'm definitely not saying he will equal Randy Moss or produce the same as Randy Moss.  I'm saying if we pass on a guy with his talent I'll guarantee it comes back to burn us over the next 10 years.  I think he should be considered, we need a guy who can blow the doors off defenses.  Diggs, Theilen, Metcalf is a killer trio.  

The guy didn't really produce all that much on the collegiate level and was constantly injured, what would make you think that's going to change at the NFL level?  

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

My money would be on Metcalf having a more disappointing NFL career than Treadwell.

I don't know if I would go that far... Metcalf at least should have the ability to separate vertically down the field.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

My money would be on Metcalf having a more disappointing NFL career than Treadwell.

I mean is that possible? Even if Metcalf is hurt the whole time he would still have the "what if" factor. Treadwell is just straight up terrible.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Well, this awkward 

1j6jux.jpg

What am I missing? 

32 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Ehhhhhh, idk if I could go that far. 

I’m not the biggest fan of Metcalf in the world, but one thing to remember is he hasn’t exactly had much for QB’s and none of them were really the QB’s that could play into his playing style and was splitting time with another top 5 receiver in this class and DaMarkus Lodge. 

The guy had 5 TD’s last year and averaged over 21 yards per catch. 

Id really enjoy seeing him go to the Bills at #9 and match him up with someone like Josh Allen. Someone that has a big arm and get him the ball.

He doesn’t need deep bombs with his speed, he just needs some velocity to get it there.