2019 Draft Talk

swede700

On 3/14/2019 at 10:40 AM, VikeManDan said:

Per the trade value chart trading our 2nd and 3rd (585) would get us up to pick 32 (590) 33 (580) give or take. Might be worth considering if an OL we covet is still available.

For example:

1.18 Ford/Lindstrom/Bradbury/J. Williams

2.33 Falling OL Risner?

@PrplChilPill I mentioned this a few pages ago. I'm hoping Spielman starts the run on OL and doesn't catch the "tail-end" of it 2 years in a row.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

@PrplChilPill I mentioned this a few pages ago. I'm hoping Spielman starts the run on OL and doesn't catch the "tail-end" of it 2 years in a row.

I'd bet it more likely he trades down for another third, than he trades up and gives up a pick. That would really make me nervous about getting 2 starting IOL in one draft, let alone one.

24 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Sure, but they need two, that's the scary part......And, they needed two last year, and only took 1. Of course, maybe the actually thought that OL would work with Remmers at OG and whomever at the other OG spot.

Nick Easton hadn't hurt his neck yet at this point and had been the projected starter at LG.  And most reasonable people thought it should have worked with Remmers at G.  It still completely dumbfounds me why it didn't.  Maybe it was because he wasn't happy about it, so he just didn't give a damn.

Anyway, obviously this is a worse situation, but who knows, maybe Isidora will be better in the zone blocking scheme than he was under the previous one.  Certainly, they are going to have to take a minimum of 2 in the draft who are going to have to contribute immediately.  It is certainly a concern, but however it shakes out, I have some faith that the offensive line coaching is going to be better than what we saw last year.   

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'd bet it more likely he trades down for another third, than he trades up and gives up a pick. That would really make me nervous about getting 2 starting IOL in one draft, let alone one.

He could, and I would agree with you that that would make me more nervous given the assumption that he's passing on available OL at 18. It would depend on two things (obviously):

1. How far back are we trading?

2. What is the return?

17 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Any substance to this claim or just a hot take?

Nope just personal opinion. Would be happy with Williams but I think they Bradbury will be an all pro type player for years. Either player improves our team but I wouldn't be upset if Eiflen was pushed out to G because Bradbury is that good.

14 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Could definitely be the pick at 18.

It's certainly a possibility.  It might be a tad bit early, but if Bradbury and Ford are gone (along with possibly Taylor and Williams as well) then it might make sense to take him just to prevent Houston or Seattle from taking him.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Sure, but they need two, that's the scary part......And, they needed two last year, and only took 1. Of course, maybe the actually thought that OL would work with Remmers at OG and whomever at the other OG spot.

That was the confusing part to me. It seemed like they were insistent on playing Remmers at Guard before the draft and before the Easton injury. I didn't know why they were dead set on playing him at guard.

48 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Wow the only team, huh that is pretty telling.  Not totally sold on him that high in the draft but would not mind it either, would be a tough call between him or Bradbury if both were there but clearly Jonah Williams and Risner are ahead of those two if they are still around along with some others.  

1 minute ago, vikestyle said:

That was the confusing part to me. It seemed like they were insistent on playing Remmers at Guard before the draft and before the Easton injury. I didn't know why they were dead set on playing him at guard.

Probably because he sucked at tackle and they thought he could maybe be a decent guard and was not even that.  I thought he could maybe be a decent guard also but clearly could not hang in pass rush situations at tackle or at guard.  

Dre’Mont Jones > DT

Parris Campbell > basically a RB, but listed as a WR

Michael Jordan > G/C

Kendall Sheffield> CB

Mike Weber > RB

Isaiah Prince > OL

my favorite from the bunch....

Terry McLaurin > WR

of course Bosa & Haskins but they will most likely go WAY before we pick unless Haskins takes a dive.

Did another The Draft Network mock draft, I think I'd be extremely pleased with this draft:

1. Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma
2. Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College
3. Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia
4. Gerald Willis III, DT, Miami
6. Mike Weber, RB, Ohio State
6. Evan Worthington, S, Colorado
7. Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson
7. Kendall Joseph, LB, Clemson

• Like 6