2019 Draft Talk

swede700

Just now, swede700 said:

Nope.  I may have to clear my cookies and see if that makes a difference.  

Worth a shot, hopefully it works for you soon.

I saw some other people on Twitter saying they weren't seeing it either and TDN was looking into things on their end.

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Worth a shot, hopefully it works for you soon.

I saw some other people on Twitter saying they weren't seeing it either and TDN was looking into things on their end.

Unfortunately, it didn't change a thing.  It has to be something on their side which is causing the inconsistency, because I don't even see any new articles since Friday.

Edited by swede700

18 minutes ago, RpMc said:

must be user error then... ;)

Yeah, certainly, I must be failing to hit the F5 button right.  :D

Still waiting, people!  Get your <bleep> together!  ;)  

Well, maybe they'll figure it out by tomorrow.  It looks like it has something to do with their DNS when it switched.  

Edited by swede700

On 2/23/2019 at 4:47 PM, RpMc said:

Shannon Sharpe was far from a “prototypical” in line Tight end,  Chris Cooley was far from your prototypical tight end, Owen Daniels was far from your prototypical tight end. So, I’m not really sure what you’re getting at considering those are three of the most productive tight ends in Kubiak/Shanahan history between the Broncos, Texans, and Redskins. All of them more receiver than blocker.

I disagree with the “he just gets in the way” as a blocker sentiment, but everyone sees their own thing when scouting. Being at Iowa he’s also got plenty of experience as an in-line player both as a Y and stacked J. There’s nothing that I’ve seen that indicates an inability to block in line. Strength, athleticism, and want to aren’t areasof concern. To me, it’s entirely technical.

It’s a zone blocking scheme. Your tight end is going to be doubling, down blocking (if you go pin and pull, which I doubt), arcing to the second level, slicing across to cover the backside.... if we are truly going to the Gibbs Wide Zone type of blocking, Fant is more than adequate for that style of play. It’s not as if he’s going to be asked to be a point of attack blocker and have the play hinge on his ability to make the block. His athleticism is going to be the biggest asset in terms of zone blocking. 

Fant has also improved his blocking IMMENSELY from his freshman season, what's to think he can't continue getting better? Besides his blocking isn't any worse than a lot of TE's with his skill set in this league imo.

16 hours ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, certainly, I must be failing to hit the F5 button right.  :D

Still waiting, people!  Get your <bleep> together!  ;)  

Well, maybe they'll figure it out by tomorrow.  It looks like it has something to do with their DNS when it switched.  

I can get it on Chrome on my phone, but still not on Chrome on my laptop here at work.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to work it on the phone until I'm able to actually get it on my laptop.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I can get it on Chrome on my phone, but still not on Chrome on my laptop here at work.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to work it on the phone until I'm able to actually get it on my laptop.    

Funny, I try to do the mock on my phone and it just continually crashes after I pick any players.  They really don't want me on their site.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Funny, I try to do the mock on my phone and it just continually crashes after I pick any players.  They really don't want me on their site.

It appears to have finally updated on my laptop.  I'm crossing my fingers that the draft machine itself will work.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQqdN7qddxbwJ4lyN9XHx

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Pre combine hot draft prediction: TJ Hockenson will NOT be a top 20 pick. 

That would be a hot take...considering out of the 8-9 or so times I've tried to run the mock on my phone (with only being able to get past the 2nd round once), probably 6 of them I ended up taking Hockenson as he was the top prospect on the board.