2019 Draft Talk

swede700

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Is he going to be a late round prospect?  I thought he was more of a 2nd-3rd round guy.  The TDN guys all have him listed between 50-75 on their boards.  

He had a less than productive college career so that surprises me. Do you view him to be a #1 te?

Just now, TENINCH said:

He had a less than productive college career so that surprises me. Do you view him to be a #1 te?

Based on what I've read, it sounds like he has the tools to be, but he certainly wouldn't be in Year 1.  He sounds like a guy that is a high upside guy which some team would take in the late 2nd-3rd rd guy.  I guess we'll have to see more from him here at the Combine.  

• Like 1

Just traded out of pick 4.120 to take another shot at fixing the OL.

Here's what I've done so far:

1.18 - Cody Ford [G/T] Oklahoma
1.29 - Noah Fant [TE] Iowa (Traded Xavier Rhodes for this pick and WR - Demarcus Robinson)
2.50 - Jerry Tillery [DT] Notre Dame
3.81 - Dru Samia [G] Oklahoma

4.120 - TRADED TO LAC FOR  [G] FORREST LAMP

4.125 - (via DEN & Kyle Rudolph trade)
6.210 (comp)
7.221 (via PIT & Laquan Treadwell trade)
7.249 (comp)
7.254 (comp)

------

Potential Offensive Line Combos

Reiff
Ford
Elflein
Lamp/Samia
O'Neill

-----

O'Neill
Reiff
Elflein
Lamp/Samia
Ford

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

It finally appears to have been fixed.  I imagine at some point they will add in the trade function.  I do like the first draft I was able to pull off...

Rd 1: iOL Chris Lindstrom (Boston College)

Rd 2: LB Devin Bush, Jr (Michigan)

Rd 3: OT Michael Deiter (Wisconsin)

Rd 4: TE Dax Raymond (Utah St)

Rd 6: WR Parris Campbell (Ohio St)

I might have even improved on it with my 4th go at it...

Rd 1: LB Devin White (LSU)

Rd 2: iOL Garrett Bradbury (NC State)

Rd 3: OT Greg Little (Mississippi)

Rd 4: TE Dax Raymond (Utah St)

Rd 6: WR Anthony Johnson (Buffalo)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Boda said:

Did you even read what I wrote?  You tell me where pick 15 - 40 falls then get back to me

Edit:

Im going to save us one back & forth.  You said he doesn't fall out of the 1st, thats crap, it could happen but since that initial statement you seem to have back tracked on saying theres no way he falls out of the first which I don't think you can predict when he's not a top 30 prospect & although teams have Offensive line issues they also have other issues, my point is there is no way you can say for sure this player wont fall just like Floyd was a top 5 pick and there was absolutely no way he falls to us.  Now do I think he'll last to pick 50? Absolutely not but it wont surprise me at all if he went 40

Who cares if you read Risner is going anywhere from 15-40, since when do the Vikings draft in the 40 spot?  It is 50 and I said I was annoyed with people having the Vikings pick Risner late 2nd round at the 50th spot.

As for the rest of your attitude, if you would put in the work you would have a better idea maybe and appreciate the time it takes.  Make a 4 round mock draft March 2018 then increase it to 7 rounds by May 2018 for the 2019 Draft and edit it all throughout the college football season changing the positioning of players and watching all the prospects you can. Then have a current 2019 mock 7 rounds in February 2019 right now.  Do you do that?  No, you just read what you see someone else did online, and that is fine.  Does not mean I do not have an opinion, so deal with it or stop reading it.  

Edited by Ozzy

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Does not mean I do not have an opinion, so deal with it or stop reading it.  

jeez man, chill. it's a football discussion board. among a bunch of guys, who even if they don't agree with each other, are still pledged to be civil about it.

especially if they disagree.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RpMc said:

Just traded out of pick 4.120 to take another shot at fixing the OL.

Here's what I've done so far:

1.18 - Cody Ford [G/T] Oklahoma
1.29 - Noah Fant [TE] Iowa (Traded Xavier Rhodes for this pick and WR - Demarcus Robinson)
2.50 - Jerry Tillery [DT] Notre Dame
3.81 - Dru Samia [G] Oklahoma

4.120 - TRADED TO LAC FOR  [G] FORREST LAMP

4.125 - Joe Giles-Harris [LB] Duke (via DEN & Kyle Rudolph trade)
6.210 (comp)
7.221 (via PIT & Laquan Treadwell trade)
7.249 (comp)
7.254 (comp)

------

Potential Offensive Line Combos

Reiff
Ford
Elflein
Lamp/Samia
O'Neill

-----

O'Neill
Reiff
Elflein
Lamp/Samia
Ford

4th round pick made. In terms of off-ball LBs, I have Giles-Harris as a top five player in this draft. Should we lose Barr, he would give us an option to pair with Kendricks in the nickel. In base packages, either Kendricks/Giles-Harris could play the M/W and Wilson et al could fill the S spot. 

Hes being described as potentially the most instinctual backer in the draft, and the guy is a finisher too. In the 4th round, he’d be a great selection for us. 

Listening to Spielman talk gap scheme and then zone scheme (specifically mentioned outside zone.... Kubiak is a Gibbs-Wide Zone guy), players like Bradbury and Samia as interior guys who have explosive ability to move laterally could be guys we target. O’Neill fits well into that, as would players like David Edwards.