Sign in to follow this  
swede700

Still Too Early 2019 Draft Talk

15 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

Only because there is such a log jam of people getting voted in.  Hutchinson and Faneca will for sure get in and there are others in the league still.

There's no guarantee...it took Russ Grimm practically his entire eligibility period to get elected.  While I expect Faneca and Hutch to get there eventually, who knows what'll happen if there's a logjam at other positions.  It should also be noted that neither Faneca or Hutchinson would have been available to the Vikings in this draft...Hutch was taken at #17 and Faneca was taken at #26. 

In fact, in the last 50 years, only 2 HOF guards would have been available at #30 if they were in this year's draft...Larry Allen and Will Shields (who I had forgotten).  So, the expectation that you're going to get a HOF guard at the area we again expect the Vikings to be drafting in 2019, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.  So, would you rather get that HOF guard or would you like the Vikings to put themselves in position again to possibly win a Super Bowl.  The odds are likely you'll only get one or the other.      

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

There's no guarantee...it took Russ Grimm practically his entire eligibility period to get elected.  While I expect Faneca and Hutch to get there eventually, who knows what'll happen if there's a logjam at other positions.  It should also be noted that neither Faneca or Hutchinson would have been available to the Vikings in this draft...Hutch was taken at #17 and Faneca was taken at #26. 

In fact, in the last 50 years, only 2 HOF guards would have been available at #30 if they were in this year's draft...Larry Allen and Will Shields (who I had forgotten).  So, the expectation that you're going to get a HOF guard at the area we again expect the Vikings to be drafting in 2019, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.  So, would you rather get that HOF guard or would you like the Vikings to put themselves in position again to possibly win a Super Bowl.  The odds are likely you'll only get one or the other.      

In the great and glorious revolution to come, offensive linemen will be valued in the same way as receivers, DB's, linebacker and running backs!  They will no longer toil and have their work go unnoticed and unrewarded!  The uprising will happen, and the Hall of Fame will be full of worthy offensive linemen!!

Safety Taylor Rapp from Washington is my favorite pick for the Vikings 2019 first round selection. 

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, KeithVikings28 said:

Safety Taylor Rapp from Washington is my favorite pick for the Vikings 2019 first round selection. 

I would like that very much!