2019 Draft Talk

swede700

9 hours ago, RpMc said:

Most think Risner's future is on the inside - a lot of projections to center.

I feel Risner would be best at OG but he could play RT as well.  Center not a huge fan of that but could if he had to.  Would be a great pickup in the 1st round potentially and is easily the biggest need for the team on the OL.  Probably have no chance at Williams or Little but who knows, they are the two best tackles in the draft by far.  A sleeper would be Dillard, I like him, tough kid and moves very well, good in pass pro.  Trey Adams is a possible star but has been injured almost all season, rumors are he might come back to Washington for another year, will see, might get a medical redshirt.  Bars has been injured all year basically also and is a beast guard, and Pierschbacher is the best center in the up coming draft who can do quite well at guard also.

Jonah Williams Alabama JR OT
Greg Little Ole Miss JR OT
Dalton Risner Kansas State RS SR OG/OT
Trey Adams Washington SR OT
Andre Dillard Washington State SR OT
Alex Bars Notre Dame SR OG
Ross Pierschbacher Alabama RS SR C/OG

• Like 1

Then again the DL is where most of the talent is in this draft and we need DT and DE help I would say.  Could get a potential steal at DE in the 2nd to 3rd rounds.

1st round prospects:

Ed Oliver Houston DT JR
Nick Bosa Ohio State DE JR
Quinnen Williams Alabama DT/DE RS SOPH
Dexter Lawrence Clemson DT JR
Raekwon Davis Alabama DE/DT JR

Christian Wilkins Clemson DT SR
Rashan Gary Michigan DE JR

Clelin Ferrell Clemson DE RS JR 
Zach Allen Boston College DE SR
Derrick Brown Auburn NT JR
Brian Burns Florida State OLB JR
Jeffery Simmons Miss State DT JR

Dre'Mont Jones Ohio State JR DT

2nd and 3rd round prospects and some are arguably 1st round talents if they were in a different draft class possibly.  

Joe Jackson Miami FL DE JR
Corbin Kaufusi BYU DE RS JR
Anthony Nelson Iowa DE RS JR
Charles Omenihu Texas DE SR
Gerald Willis III Miami FL DT SR
Ben Banogu TCU DE RS JR
Chase Winovich Michigan DE RS SR 
Daylon  Mack Texas A&M DT SR
Austin Bryant Clemson DE SR
Jalen Jelks Oregon DE RS SR
Terry Beckner Jr Missouri DT SR 
Marlon Davidson DE Auburn JR 

Still my guess is they go OL in the 1st and DL in the 2nd but will see.  If a player like Allen, Gary, Burns, Simmons, Jones or any of those guys are available 1st round would be hard not to take them.  Especially Zach Allen, is a very good DE against the run and can get after the passer and a pretty impressive size.  

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

As much as I would like Risner, it would really beg the question, where, and when, would he play? Reiff is owed enough money that it’s highly unlikely that you’d cut him in 2019. Would you redshirt a 1st round tackle?

Unless you don’t project him to tackle. If the team projected him as a guard, he’s an easy plug and play. 

Edited by RpMc

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

As much as I would like Risner, it would really beg the question, where, and when, would he play? Reiff is owed enough money that it’s highly unlikely that you’d cut him in 2019. Would you redshirt a 1st round tackle?

Yes, if he is available at 24. I’d be fine redshirting him and put him in the role Oniel played at the beginning of the year

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Having the best scoring D in the league last year and this year appears to be not producing SB contenders. I'd suggest investing in the OL.....it's an offense first league.

OL and DL are the only positions that interest me at 24. We've got to win in the trenches, on both sides of the ball. Wherever the value is but OG has to be the prority. We're fine at T and C for 2019.

• Like 2