4 Years of Ryan Pace: Roster Overhaul

G08

18/26 players are out of the league or unsigned right now. Take out Long and Fuller since they are still on the team, and that drops to 18/24, or 75%. Talk about roster turnover.

Also, Fuller not being lined up with his own name is really upsetting my OCD

9 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

The O-Line is going to become an age issue across the board pretty soon. Hopefully HH can develop some guys.

Not really.  OL typically play well into their 30s barring health as a factor.  Truthfully contracts are going to be an issue before age is.  But lets say for arguments sake that you need to replace the 2 29 yos in Massie & Long.  You also need to get younger at cb, and edge.  The strength of next years class looks to be OT, cb, edge.  Something else to keep in mind, the Bears may have just signed the best cb who would have been in the draft next year on Kevin Tolliver.  Keep an eye on him, bc he may be taking over for Callahan at some point this year.  

9 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

The O-Line is going to become an age issue across the board pretty soon. Hopefully HH can develop some guys.

I really struggle to see Long or Massie being on the roster next year given there salaries more than anything...especially Long when you factor in the injuries...27 year old LT and C for next year is entering their prime and both easily have 5 good years left from that point at OL...the big thing still for us next season is going to be edge rusher or a playmaking CB...Sup makes a good point about the draft class next year and Toliver as a potential steal...

Not just ages wise but talent wise I would say we are in a far better position now.

57 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Pace took over a hideous roster.

Made even worse by the fact that 2 of the best players [Marshall, Bennett] were locker room cancers.

Exactly. This is why he gets the benefit of the doubt from me when people cite his win/loss record.

That being said, clock starts now for me... I want 8 wins this season.

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

Exactly. This is why he gets the benefit of the doubt from me when people cite his win/loss record.

And that is perfectly fair & reasonable.  I got them at 10 wins, but im not convinced in a loaded nfc thats even good enough for a wc.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

The strong offseason was encouraging and re-build some of the faith that was lost with the John Fox era.

Fox was such a joke of a head coach. JD was on with Kap the other day and pretty much skewered Fox for not working that hard or trying at all to be innovative or forward thinking, even when "his way" was getting dismantled on Sundays.

I think the talent had improved immensely, but I think the coaching has improved just as much if not more. Last years offense was an embarrassment to football.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The strong offseason was encouraging and re-build some of the faith that was lost with the John Fox era.

Fox was such a joke of a head coach. JD was on with Kap the other day and pretty much skewered Fox for not working that hard or trying at all to be innovative or forward thinking, even when "his way" was getting dismantled on Sundays.

I think the talent had improved immensely, but I think the coaching has improved just as much if not more. Last years offense was an embarrassment to football.

I'm curious to see as well the impact he had on Fangio's defense... are we going to be better or worse this season without Fox putting in his input?

31 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm curious to see as well the impact he had on Fangio's defense... are we going to be better or worse this season without Fox putting in his input?

Fangio said when he he resigned as DC that Fox had let him run everything anyway.

52 minutes ago, G08 said:

The talent on defense is either all back or improved. I think that will have a bigger impact than anything else.

Archived