4 Years of Ryan Pace: Roster Overhaul

G08

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Not sure where to put this, but according to Patrick Finley, Jerrell Freeman was facing a 2 year suspension for his third PED bust before he retired.

Honestly, at what point do you stop putting that **** in your system and realize that your good playing days are behind you and you have a lot of post-football years left to be as healthy as possible?

When you have such a small window to make an obscene amount of money, you don't until you're done cashing out. It extends careers and for a lot of guys is the difference between the "small"  10-figure deals and major 11-figure deals. I mean while healthy he was playing very well.

Let's get this straight, steroids, HGH, etc aren't things that were made in a basement during a Satanic ritual like so many are acting (not saying you personally BearDown nor saying you indicated it). Regardless of legality, it is far less damaging than alcohol and cigarettes on the body. It is cheating, no doubt it is a massive advantage, but the health risks are being massively overblown in comparison to many of the legal substances people take in.

No issue with guys taking PEDs.

Do what you need to do to get paid and set your family up.

If I could have made it to the NFL I would have taken enough GH to turn myself into the incredible Hulk, and I am educated and can make a decent living. Most of these guys do not have professional careers to fall back to.

Highly doubtful that was his first run, plus even if he was getting one year deals he still would be making a lot of money. 

Plus some like deca are supposed to be great for your joints, it could have been used as a preventative measure as well. Make yourself indisposable and secure more money. 

Three years of trying to rebuild with younger talent while still having to cater to Fox's desire for vets is not a job I would envy.  Once Fox was gone, Nagy and the rest of the staff secured, and the McCaskey checkbook opened Pace hasn't wasted much time in implementing a plan I feel he would have preferred all along.  JMHO

Archived