Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield

BIgBoii

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I guess it depends on what you mean by "bad boy".

Brett Favre was addicted to pain killers.

Phillip Rivers is a Pro Bowl QB who is very in your face.

Big Ben is/was allegedly a rapist.

Favre was/is a good ole' boy.  Painkillers has nothing to do with it.

Rivers is a family man with 7 kids.  Outspoken?  Yes.  Bad boy?  Not exactly.

Big Ben was cleared of those charges.  He's also a family man and a great community leader.  

Kenny Stabler is the only one who comes to mind.  He had some good long-term success in the NFL.  His numbers aren't that great but he was a league MVP, SB Champion and was recently elected to the HOF.  

5 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Favre was/is a good ole' boy.  Painkillers has nothing to do with it.

He was a HUGE party boy his first several years in the league. It's one of the main reasons that he got traded.

5 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Rivers is a family man with 7 kids.  Outspoken?  Yes.  Bad boy?  Not exactly.

Big Ben was cleared of those charges.  He's also a family man and a great community leader.  

Kenny Stabler is the only one who comes to mind.  He had some good long-term success in the NFL.  His numbers aren't that great but he was a league MVP, SB Champion and was recently elected to the HOF.  

How about Mike Vick? He did JAIL TIME.

I had Baker Mayfield ahead of Sam Darnold.  But since neither quarterback was in fact Josh Allen, I can't truthfully say it was a mistake.  That being said, one was drafted by the Hue Jackson coached Browns and the other was drafted by the New York Jets so..... I'll refer back to the last pair of quarterbacks who went #1 & #3.

houston-texans-quarterback-david-carr-ge

joey-harrington-lions.jpg

Get a good good look Baker and Sam.  Because Joe Thomas just retired and the Jets haven't had a good offensive line since what, 2013?  This could be you sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

How about Mike Vick? He did JAIL TIME.

I wouldn't say Vick had long-term success in the NFL as a franchise QB.  He had some good years and made some spectacular plays, but was he an very good franchise QB that did it for a long time?  Not so much.

I also wouldn't say he was a "bad boy" per se.  Yeah, he did some incredibly stupid things off the field, but I'd more so call that bad judgement.  

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Browns won 0 games, Jets won 5. Idk where you think they’re significantly better at anything than us. 

Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, David Njoku, Duke Johnson, Carlos Hyde, Seth DeValve, Antonio Callaway, Corey Coleman (when he's healthy), Joel Bitonio, JC Tretter, Kevin Zeitler. (+ maybe Corbett at LT).

The Jets have nowhere near this much talent on the offensive side of the ball. Or on the defensive side of the ball, for that matter.

24 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, David Njoku, Duke Johnson, Carlos Hyde, Seth DeValve, Antonio Callaway, Corey Coleman (when he's healthy), Joel Bitonio, JC Tretter, Kevin Zeitler. (+ maybe Corbett at LT).

The Jets have nowhere near this much talent on the offensive side of the ball. Or on the defensive side of the ball, for that matter.

They won 0 games with all that “talent”

You guys value the name of a player way too much.

1 win in 2 years lol FOH with that talent talk.

15 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

They won 0 games with all that “talent”

You guys value the name of a player way too much.

1 win in 2 years lol FOH with that talent talk.

lol. Go start a poll in the NFL Comparisons thread and see which offense--devoid of the QB--has more skill. Guarantee you your Jets gets squashed in that poll.

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

lol. Go start a poll in the NFL Comparisons thread and see which offense--devoid of the QB--has more skill. Guarantee you your Jets gets squashed in that poll.

You think I care about a poll on here?

You can’t win 1 game in 2 years and boast about having all this talent up and down the roster. That tells me everything I need to know.

Enjoy Baker.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

You think I care about a poll on here?

You can’t win 1 game in 2 years and boast about having all this talent up and down the roster. That tells me everything I need to know.

Enjoy Baker.

I think you're the opposite of smart for assuming that all of the Browns players suck because they had a horrible record. The Jets, despite winning more games, have significantly more holes and less redeeming parts of their football team than maybe any other group in the NFL. Their roster makes my eyes bleed outside of like 3-4 players. The good news for you is that your team is very much in the running for Ed Oliver next year!

The differences between the Browns and Jets rosters are this:

1. Most of the Jets "good" players were old and on the downswing of their careers. The Browns had zero players past their prime aside from McCourty and Joe Thomas--both gone.

2. The Browns had the worst QB in the league last year by far. He dragged everyone else down with him. McCown on the Browns gets this team to 4-5 wins. Kizer on the Jets gets that team 1-2 wins tops.

3. Free Agency and the draft are a thing. The Browns improved mightily in that regard adding Jarvis Landry, Chris Hubbard, Antonio Callaway and Carlos Hyde, where the Jets added Terrelle Pryor and Isaiah Crowell--two big-name flame outs that contributed to the 1-32 record that you speak of.

And I will enjoy Baker. He's got talent around him, unlike Darnold. I liked Darnold more as a prospect, but only slightly. But he's in a bad spot in that poophole organization you call the Jets. They need to revamp every area of their offense outside of QB. And they have a plethora of #2-#3 WR's, so really they just need a #1. But their RB's TE's, and OL leave more than a lot to be desired. They make me want to puke.

29 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think you're the opposite of smart for assuming that all of the Browns players suck because they had a horrible record. The Jets, despite winning more games, have significantly more holes and less redeeming parts of their football team than maybe any other group in the NFL. Their roster makes my eyes bleed outside of like 3-4 players. The good news for you is that your team is very much in the running for Ed Oliver next year!

The differences between the Browns and Jets rosters are this:

1. Most of the Jets "good" players were old and on the downswing of their careers. The Browns had zero players past their prime aside from McCourty and Joe Thomas--both gone.

2. The Browns had the worst QB in the league last year by far. He dragged everyone else down with him. McCown on the Browns gets this team to 4-5 wins. Kizer on the Jets gets that team 1-2 wins tops.

3. Free Agency and the draft are a thing. The Browns improved mightily in that regard adding Jarvis Landry, Chris Hubbard, Antonio Callaway and Carlos Hyde, where the Jets added Terrelle Pryor and Isaiah Crowell--two big-name flame outs that contributed to the 1-32 record that you speak of.

And I will enjoy Baker. He's got talent around him, unlike Darnold. I liked Darnold more as a prospect, but only slightly. But he's in a bad spot in that poophole organization you call the Jets. They need to revamp every area of their offense outside of QB. And they have a plethora of #2-#3 WR's, so really they just need a #1. But their RB's TE's, and OL leave more than a lot to be desired. They make me want to puke.

I’m not reading this. 

1 win in 2 years.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Browns suck on both sides.

The Browns are pretty much all around more talented at almost every position at this point than the Jets. I won't judge QB given that it's two top 3 picks yet to step on an NFL practice field.

Archived