Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BIgBoii

Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m not reading this. 

1 win in 2 years.

Cool. Doesn't change the fact that our team has a brighter future than yours does. This is like a Bulls fan trashing a 76ers fan last year. If you can't see the talent difference between these two squads, you're not looking hard enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Cool. Doesn't change the fact that our team has a brighter future than yours does. This is like a Bulls fan trashing a 76ers fan last year. If you can't see the talent difference between these two squads, you're not looking hard enough.

You can’t even win a game just shut up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Danger said:

The Browns are pretty much all around more talented at almost every position at this point than the Jets. I won't judge QB given that it's two top 3 picks yet to step on an NFL practice field.

All that talent and they won 4 games in 3 years. I should go back even further. Browns are a joke. Jets aren’t the Patriots or Steelers by any means but don’t go there. Win some games maybe I’ll take this claim seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You can’t even win a game just shut up.

I don't play for the Browns. And why would I shut up when you're making idiotic claims about my football team? Yeah our record sucked the last few years. I provided context for why and you ignored it. QB was 95% of our problem, not the talent around him. And the other 5% was because of coaching/youth. There is not a lack of talent on this team.

Oh, and take a look in the mirror dude. Your team has a winning % of .313 in the last two seasons. It's better than ours, but your organization still stinks. I'm glad we didn't waste our time with all of these veteran players only to eek out a 5-win season. Glad you're happy with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Don't take it from me though.

 

Browns acquired more talent than the Jets during free agency and the draft as well. I'll give the Jets the Cornerback position as improving more during that time though.

Edited by Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't play for the Browns. And why would I shut up when you're making idiotic claims about my football team? Yeah our record sucked the last few years. I provided context for why and you ignored it. QB was 95% of our problem, not the talent around him. And the other 5% was because of coaching/youth. There is not a lack of talent on this team.

Oh, and take a look in the mirror dude. Your team has a winning % of .313 in the last two seasons. It's better than ours, but your organization still stinks. I'm glad we didn't waste our time with all of these veteran players only to eek out a 5-win season. Glad you're happy with that.

 At the start of the 2017 season, the Browns had the youngest team in the NFL with an average player age of 24.24. The Jets had the 6th youngest team in the NFL with an average player age of 25.62. Both are young teams. Currently the Jets only have 2 players over the age of 30 McLendon and McCown. And McLendon may get cut. 

You have to factor in culture. Despite the Jets having a young team last year, they were competitive throughout the season including beating the Jags, Bills and Chiefs. And the Browns I might add.

Baker will help the culture in Cleveland for sure. But winning and success is not just about talent. I think the Jets have the better defense. On offense, the Browns have more talent around Baker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

 At the start of the 2017 season, the Browns had the youngest team in the NFL with an average player age of 24.24. The Jets had the 6th youngest team in the NFL with an average player age of 25.62. Both are young teams. Currently the Jets only have 2 players over the age of 30 McLendon and McCown. And McLendon may get cut. 

You have to factor in culture. Despite the Jets having a young team last year, they were competitive throughout the season including beating the Jags, Bills and Chiefs. And the Browns I might add.

Baker will help the culture in Cleveland for sure. But winning and success is not just about talent. I think the Jets have the better defense. On offense, the Browns have more talent around Baker.

No I agree with you about winning/talent, but my point that I'm trying to make is that Baker isn't going to be crying the blues to Darnold given the supporting casts they have to work with. The Browns are clearly more talented ON PAPER. Obviously coaching and culture are important and the Jets have...I guess...a C- culture as opposed to an F like the Browns do, but this dude is acting like the Browns can't possibly have more talent than the Jets because we went winless last season. He's ignoring the draft & the off-season and it makes me chuckle.

 

Also, I did not know the Jets were that young last year. It seems like they were an ancient team to me, but I think you're right that they purged most of the veterans in 2016, not 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Danger said:

Don't take it from me though.

 

Browns acquired more talent than the Jets during free agency and the draft as well. I'll give the Jets the Cornerback position as improving more during that time though.

I wonder how these were calculated. I would give the Jets the edge at LB, and interior DL. Browns have a big edge on the edge. And let's call safety a wash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

No I agree with you about winning/talent, but my point that I'm trying to make is that Baker isn't going to be crying the blues to Darnold given the supporting casts they have to work with. The Browns are clearly more talented ON PAPER. Obviously coaching and culture are important and the Jets have...I guess...a C- culture as opposed to an F like the Browns do, but this dude is acting like the Browns can't possibly have more talent than the Jets because we went winless last season. He's ignoring the draft & the off-season and it makes me chuckle.

 

Also, I did not know the Jets were that young last year. It seems like they were an ancient team to me, but I think you're right that they purged most of the veterans in 2016, not 2017.

Yes, they purged a ton of older players after the 2016 season. Hence all the jokes about us tanking. It may have appeared like we were a veteran team because we had a 38 year old QB and Forte was getting some carries. But everyone else was young. 

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

And let's call safety a wash. 

That's pretty generous. The Jets have better safeties than the Browns do. I think Cleveland's linebackers are better. Williamson is a solid starter and nothing more. Darron Lee has been a disappointment, no?

The Browns have Kirksey/Schobert/Collins right now and Genard Avery to back up every one of those spots. I think they have a better group, but both groups aren't anything to write home about. I'd be down to call that a wash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Browns drafted Mayfield because “when you walk in the room you know he’s there” xD

That's the classic sign of a bust about to happen.  When the only positives people talk about are stuff not related to your on field TALENT then you know you didn't draft the right guy #1 overall.

The #1 overall pick is supposed to be an elite talent.  Not a guy who is good at attracting attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You can’t even win a game just shut up.

Aww, someone's grumpy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Browns drafted Mayfield because “when you walk in the room you know he’s there” xD

In other words, "He's got that It factor!"

Image result for It

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Jets don’t have more offensive talent on paper than the current Browns’ roster.

Using records from previous records is pretty pointless, since both teams had lots of roster turnover. Plus, using records to decide positional battles is dumb. Does Philly have a better secondary than the Jags because they won the SB last year? Do the Ravens have better wide receivers than the Texans because they had a better record?

Edited by Yin-Yang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×