Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BIgBoii

Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield

Recommended Posts

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

No it isn’t. 

I'd thought his numbers were higher, apparently I had him on my fantasy team during his best run for a 4 week stretch or so. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

In no world is Sam Darnold more excited to throw passes to those WR's, TE's and RB's behind that OL than he would be in Cleveland. It's not even close who has more raw talent to work with. @KingOfTheDot is just mad with his life and taking it out on the Browns on a football forum. It's sad, really. I don't know whether to laugh at him or link him up with a therapist.

I’m mad with my life so I’m attacking the Cleveland Browns lol. 

Listen if you have talent you’ll win a few games if you don’t then you won’t. 

Jets are better on both sides, have a better QB and a better coaching staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m mad with my life so I’m attacking the Cleveland Browns lol.

Probs.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Listen if you have talent you’ll win a few games if you don’t then you won’t.

We will win a few games in 2018. More than the Jets methinks.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Jets are better on both sides, have a better QB and a better coaching staff. 

You have a better coaching staff.

You MIGHT have a "slightly" better QB.

You aren't better on either side.

 

I can't wait to beat the Jets this year. Do I have your permission to make you eat a white dog turd Step-Brothers style if that happens? Since there aren't sig bets anymore, this is where we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

IMO the Jets are better than the Browns because of Todd Bowles being WAAAAAY better than Hue Jackson and that Jets defense being better than the Browns, along with competent QB play, which the Browns haven't had in a LONG time. In terms of sheer offensive help in terms of talent, Cleveland has the edge in a vacuum, which I assume is what the poll question is implying.

This is a fair assessment. But the Jets haven't had a good QB in god knows how long. Josh McCown played for the Browns as well and he didn't have success over there. Maybe it's coaching. I don't know. But comparing players in a vacuum and then saying one team is better than the other doesn't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd thought his numbers were higher, apparently I had him on my fantasy team during his best run for a 4 week stretch or so. lol

Proving that y'all are just going by names.

First Bleed thought the Jets were an old team. Now you thought ASJ was a big loss.

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SDotNova said:

Proving that y'all are jus going by names.

first Bleed thought the Jets were an old team. Now you thought ASJ was a big lost.

Just because people simply don't know their names, doesn't mean they do have ample talent to be an adequate team in the league this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danger said:

Just because people simply don't know their names, doesn't mean they do have ample talent to be an adequate team in the league this season.

No but it shows that your assessment is bias. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SDotNova said:

No but it shows that your assessment is bias. 

Bias would indicate I have a horse in the race. If you think I'm wrong give me reasons why the Jets team is good, not why it "isn't really that much worse than last year".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

First Bleed thought the Jets were an old team.

Turns out they were just a bad team instead.

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Now you thought ASJ was a big loss.

Not a big loss, but how did you replace him? With bleh Jordan Leggett and Clive Walford? That's a downgrade, albeit, a slight downgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Proving that y'all are just going by names.

First Bleed thought the Jets were an old team. Now you thought ASJ was a big loss.

Exactly what I’m saying lol. I think we’re done here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Exactly what I’m saying lol. I think we’re done here.

Yep! The rest of the world just goes off of names and doesn't realize the bevy of playmakers that the Jets have. On both sides of the ball!

Be excited about Darnold, but you have no reason to be excited about his supporting cast. Terrible OL, below average receiving weapons, terrible runningbacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I can't wait to beat the Jets this year. Do I have your permission to make you eat a white dog turd Step-Brothers style if that happens? Since there aren't sig bets anymore, this is where we are.

There aren't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Danger said:

There aren't?

I guess they'd be avatar bets nowadays. I'd wear a Jets avatar for the rest of the season if we lost to them. I wonder if he'd do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danger said:

Bias would indicate I have a horse in the race. If you think I'm wrong give me reasons why the Jets team is good, not why it "isn't really that much worse than last year".

Maybe bias wasn't the right word. Your perception of each team is skewed by your familiarity of the players on each team. 

I view the Jets as a 7 win team this year. So I can't make the argument they are a good team. But I'll make the argument of why I think they'll win a couple more games versus last year.

We replaced Justin Burris (a player who may not even make our team this year) with Trumaine Johnson at outside corner one the most important positions that influence winning (2nd only to QB based on PFF analytics). Replaced the worst graded Center with Spencer Long. Long had a down year last because of injury but he was solid his first three years. Replaced Kerley with either Enunwa/Pryor. Replaced Forte with Crowell. For some crazy reason, Wilkerson graded well so I'll call him and Anderson a wash.

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×