Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield

BIgBoii

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I guess they'd be avatar bets nowadays. I'd wear a Jets avatar for the rest of the season if we lost to them. I wonder if he'd do the same.

Dude, you can still have a signature. Just make sure you check the box that allows you to view others' and your own. It's default is "not view", so just remove that. Half of us have signatures. Mine is a Steve Prefontaine quote.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Dude, you can still have a signature. Just make sure you check the box that allows you to view others' and your own. It's default is "not view", so just remove that. Half of us have signatures. Mine is a Steve Prefontaine quote.

Image result for chris pratt smile gif

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yep! The rest of the world just goes off of names and doesn't realize the bevy of playmakers that the Jets have. On both sides of the ball!

Be excited about Darnold, but you have no reason to be excited about his supporting cast. Terrible OL, below average receiving weapons, terrible runningbacks.

Okay dude whatever you say. 

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I guess they'd be avatar bets nowadays. I'd wear a Jets avatar for the rest of the season if we lost to them. I wonder if he'd do the same.

I’m worried about far more important teams than the Cleveland Browns honestly. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Okay dude whatever you say. 

Sounds good to me!

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m worried about far more important teams than the Cleveland Browns honestly. 

No other team is worried about the Jets though.

As you can see from my name, I am biased toward one of these QBs: Mayfield. Mayfield is so used to being an underdog and having to fight for what he has, I have no doubt that he will be successful in the NFL. How successful? Couldn't tell you. If I could see the future...well, I can't.

One thing that worries me about Darnold? He really does have a bit lengthy wind up to his throws. 

Sure glad my 9ers have Garoppolo...

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If the Butt Fumble justifies your point in a discussion regarding talent and production then I’m wasting my time. Enjoy winning 0 games then picking the wrong guy at the top of the draft again. 

Right...because I’m a Browns fan (not). It doesn’t take homerism to think the Browns are more talented than the Jets - just common sense. 

Tell me then, which players on the Jets offense do you feel are superior to those in Cleveland? 

5 hours ago, SDotNova said:

The Jets didn't lose a major contributor to their 2017 team that didn't get replaced by a similar player. The Browns lost Joe Thomas.

Noted. 

Do you feel the Jets have a better offensive line than the Browns?

The Jets beat the Browns last year when the Browns had Garrett.

Okay...it’s pretty well known that H2H matchups doesn’t decide talent, right? And that these rosters are different? With new coaches? With new quarterbacks? 

Bleacher Report rated both these teams as  teams that improved the most during free agency. Pff rated the Jets draft elite.

Cool.

I understand the debate is names on paper, but this idea that the Browns are ready to roll and Jets will have a shot at a top 3 pick doesn't add up to me.

Neat. 

I never said that, though.

Vegas thinks the Jets are the better team. Not by much and both are not expected to win much, but Vegas is betting on the Jets.

Cool. Never said the Browns would win more games.

Another factor, on paper Darnold fits Bates WCO scheme better than Baker fits Haley's offensive scheme.

Argument was pretty clearly sans-QB, I thought? 

FYI to you and apparently that other guy, not even a Browns fan here. So I don’t care about who has better what. It’s just incredibly dumb to use last season’s wins as an argument for which offense is more talented. 

If you disagree, please tell me how the Jets’ WRs, RBs, TEs, and OL is superior to the Browns’. Which players specifically are better?

@Yin-Yang

This thread went a bit off the rails and a few comments were made (not necessarily by you) regarding these two franchises not just the original question about offense. So my comments to you and others were addressing all these comments.

Your original question to me was why do I think the Jets are a good team. I said I think the Jets are a 7 win team this year and listed the improvements we've made to take us from 5 wins to 7 wins. I also noted that Vegas thinks the Jets are a 6 win team (I didn't note the exact number of wins in my prior post). So my assessment of the Jets is not wildly off compared to what Vegas thinks. I don't think 7 wins is necessasarily good. And you didn't refute my comments about the improvements we've made. So I think we are pretty squared away here.

In your latest response, you asked me a separate question. Why do I think the Jets offense is better than the Browns? Earlier in this thread, I said the Browns have more around Baker than the Jets have around Darnold. But the Jets have a better defense.  Not sure your view of each of these defenses but as far as the offense, I think we are in agreement. So we are squared away here. Again this thread went off the rails and the comparison between these two teams went beyond just comparing what is around each QB on offense.

I get you are not a Jets or a Browns fan. But that doesn't mean your opinion isn't skewed one way or the other. At the end of the day, it's May. 

4 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Your original question to me was why do I think the Jets are a good team.

Thats wasn’t me, homie. Every post I’ve made to you sans the third all had to do with the talent on offense.

In your latest response, you asked me a separate question. Why do I think the Jets offense is better than the Browns? Earlier in this thread, I said the Browns have more around Baker than the Jets have around Darnold. But the Jets have a better defense.  Not sure your view of each of these defenses but as far as the offense, I think we are in agreement. So we are squared away here. Again this thread went off the rails and the comparison between these two teams went beyond just comparing what is around each QB on offense.

Yeah, all but one or two of my posts said specifically the offenses. I never brought up the defenses once, nor did I say anything about the teams as a whole. 

I get you are not a Jets or a Browns fan. But that doesn't mean your opinion isn't skewed one way or the other. At the end of the day, it's May. 

I had to address that point because at least one other poster told me to enjoy the 0 win season - which I don’t think New England will be putting up. 

Archived