Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield

BIgBoii

I had Sam Darnold as the best QB in this draft and rate him higher than any of the QBs coming out in the past 3 drafts. Darnold played behind a bad OL last season and WRs didn't really get open, he still made plays cause hes a difference maker type QB. 

I really don't care for Baker, I was hoping the Jets didn't take him. I wanted Rosen over him, for one I just do not like short QBs and I do not think he would survive in the NY media.  Best case Baker will end up like a Jeff Garcia. I do not see him being anything like Wilson or Brees.

I think the Jets had things line up perfectly for them, cause Darnold is a grinder and not going to give the media quotes. He is the type of personality that usually thrives in NYC.  and also many of the top QBs are boring off the field, they aren't going out making a fool of themselves.

Can the Browns really count on Josh Gordon though? Last season was the first time he played since 2014.

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Can the Browns really count on Josh Gordon though? Last season was the first time he played since 2014.

Even if you take Josh Gordon away, we still have a better offense IMO.

And your best receiver is in danger of being suspended. He's dumber than Josh Gordon is.

To say that the best Baker Mayfield could end up being is Jeff Garcia is ridiculous. What makes you believe this? That at his ABSOLUTE BEST, he's not better than Garcia? He's got way more arm talent at the very least, which would indicate that he has a higher ceiling. To say his CEILING is Jeff Garcia is terrible. His ceiling is an elite QB, as are most NFL QB's taken in the 1st round. It's extremely foolish to handicap what a QB can become, especially ones with good athleticism and big arms.

I thought Darnold was a slightly better prospect than Mayfield, but I thought both were going to be franchise QB's. Literally the only thing Darnold has over Baker is height. Everything else goes to Baker. Oh, and Darnold seems more comfortable under center. But aside from that, Baker is the better QB. Height is important though, so we'll see if it hinders Baker THAT much. I don't think it will.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Even if you take Josh Gordon away, we still have a better offense IMO.

And your best receiver is in danger of being suspended. He's dumber than Josh Gordon is.

To say that the best Baker Mayfield could end up being is Jeff Garcia is ridiculous. What makes you believe this? That at his ABSOLUTE BEST, he's not better than Garcia? He's got way more arm talent at the very least, which would indicate that he has a higher ceiling. To say his CEILING is Jeff Garcia is terrible. His ceiling is an elite QB, as are most NFL QB's taken in the 1st round. It's extremely foolish to handicap what a QB can become, especially ones with good athleticism and big arms.

I thought Darnold was a slightly better prospect than Mayfield, but I thought both were going to be franchise QB's. Literally the only thing Darnold has over Baker is height. Everything else goes to Baker. Oh, and Darnold seems more comfortable under center. But aside from that, Baker is the better QB. Height is important though, so we'll see if it hinders Baker THAT much. I don't think it will.

That is your opinion, I definitely think Darnold has more advantages than just height. When I watched Baker he was throwing to wide open guys in a QB friendly system made to produce.  I never wanted Baker, I do not like his personality and I did not see anything special in his game.   I couldn't be more happy how the draft folded, I never thought we had a chance at Darnold. Our debate on the Jets board was always between Allen, ROsen, and Mayfield. I was vocal about wanting Rosen over Mayfield. I'm no scout, but I see everything you would want in a franchise QB with Darnold and Rosen. I have Darnold with higher upside due to his athletic ability and his ability to evade the rush, which was seen often as he played behind a bad OL last season. Allen makes lots of WOW plays, but he is also very inaccurate and will probably throw a lot of INTs early on and be a 52-54% passer. 

21 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I can't it took me this long to stumble into this gold mine of Jets fans and Browns fans trying to argue who the tallest midget is.

Funny thing is Jets have had more "success" than most teams in the past lets say 20 years and yet somehow get thrown into the category of the damn Browns of all teams. We've been a mid tier team since 2000. Multiple playoff appearances, 6 playoff wins, we've missed by a game or 2 a few seasons as well. All this with "NO TALENT."

31 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Funny thing is Jets have had more "success" than most teams in the past lets say 10 years and yet somehow get thrown into the category of the damn Browns of all teams. We've been a mid tier team since 2000. Multiple playoff appearances, 6 playoff wins, we've missed by a game or 2 a few seasons as well. All this with "NO TALENT."

I don't think anyone is talking about 2003. Yes, the Jets (and every other team) have been more successful than the Browns since 2000. The debate is about current roster strength on offense surrounding the QB position. Maybe the Jets have better skill players than Gordon, Landry, Coleman, Njoku, Hyde, Chubb, Duke Johnson and a better offensive line, it's really just opinion based.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think anyone is talking about 2003. Yes, the Jets (and every other team) have been more successful than the Browns since 2000. The debate is about current roster strength on offense surrounding the QB position. Maybe the Jets have better skill players than Gordon, Landry, Coleman, Njoku, Hyde, Chubb, Duke Johnson and a better offensive line, it's really just opinion based.

You should read the thread before responding.

This bleed dude obviously said the Jets are historically worse than the Browns as a franchise. That's not talking about current group of anything.

So.....yeah.

The Rex Ryan days in NY were better than anything the Browns had in 20 years by itself actually. Even used former Browns players like Braylon Edwards & Kellen Winslow better.

Jarvis Landry in 2017: 112 receptions for 987 yards & 9 TDs.

Robby Anderson in 2017: 63 receptions for 941 yards & 7 TDs.

Browns will be depending on a full season of Gordon & Jets will be depending on Enunwa.

Jets also have Jermaine Kearse (who had 810 yards in 2017) & Terrelle Pryor.

Robby was the best deep threat statistically in the game last season. Over Tyreke Hill.

What's the Browns' WR depth chart looking like?

Seems like a bunch of unproven names to me.

Not sure how Browns have better WR talent than the Jets when it looks quite the opposite to me.

Jets RBs are also better.

Crowell - 206 attempts for 853 yards

Hyde - 240 for 938 yards

but then you factor in Bilal Powell for 178 attempts at 772 yards vs. Duke Johnson's 82 attempts for 348 yards & yeah.....

Jets upgraded their 5 win OLine in free agency & only lost their weakest OLine guy in because they didn't want him back.

Browns lost a hall of famer OLine guy from their 0 win OLine.

I mean....not sure how one can yet again overlook the Jets offensive potential. They did good with McCown at 38, so idk how you think Darnold can't fair well with the new upgrades.

But even so, people want to give the unanimous nod to Cleveland. The Cleveland bleeping Browns.

You guys love names so much.

Gassed off Jarvis Landry like he's an elite WR.

3rd times a charm for Gordon huh?

Already putting Antonio Callaway in for ROY honors? Lmao

People try to get on the bandwagon of bad teams as soon as they start adding names, so they can act like they always saw the potential. Lol

Oh & Njoku.....can we please stop acting like his rookie year was the 2nd coming of Antonio Gates or Gronk?

He flashed plays, awesome. He has potential but he disappeared in vast majority of games. Had to drop him in fantasy after awhile. Lol

Cmon, 32 catches for 386 yards....

I'll give the Browns the edge at TE because of experience but Chris Herndon can easily come in provide Njoku rookie stats with ASJ gone.

33 minutes ago, DowNY said:

You should read the thread before responding.

This bleed dude obviously said the Jets are historically worse than the Browns as a franchise. That's not talking about current group of anything.

So.....yeah.

The Rex Ryan days in NY were better than anything the Browns had in 20 years by itself actually. Even used former Browns players like Braylon Edwards & Kellen Winslow better.

Yup. Got to read the thread. Bleed even posted some wiki link that factors winning percentage going back to when we were all fetuses. The reality is that the Browns haven't been successful at all since they got their franchise back in the late 90's. This is not to say it can't change. But I find it hard to believe a Browns fans can pump his chest out and call another franchise a ****hole.

The original question as crazy as it might sound, was which will have a better CAREER.

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm just saying in general. We get considered this laughing stock of a team thats all. Also great way to make my point by just naming names lol. 

4 hours ago, DowNY said:

Jarvis Landry in 2017: 112 receptions for 987 yards & 9 TDs.

Robby Anderson in 2017: 63 receptions for 941 yards & 7 TDs.

Browns will be depending on a full season of Gordon & Jets will be depending on Enunwa.

Jets also have Jermaine Kearse (who had 810 yards in 2017) & Terrelle Pryor.

Robby was the best deep threat statistically in the game last season. Over Tyreke Hill.

What's the Browns' WR depth chart looking like?

Seems like a bunch of unproven names to me.

Not sure how Browns have better WR talent than the Jets when it looks quite the opposite to me.

Jets RBs are also better.

Crowell - 206 attempts for 853 yards

Hyde - 240 for 938 yards

but then you factor in Bilal Powell for 178 attempts at 772 yards vs. Duke Johnson's 82 attempts for 348 yards & yeah.....

Jets upgraded their 5 win OLine in free agency & only lost their weakest OLine guy in because they didn't want him back.

Browns lost a hall of famer OLine guy from their 0 win OLine.

I mean....not sure how one can yet again overlook the Jets offensive potential. They did good with McCown at 38, so idk how you think Darnold can't fair well with the new upgrades.

But even so, people want to give the unanimous nod to Cleveland. The Cleveland bleeping Browns.

You guys love names so much.

Gassed off Jarvis Landry like he's an elite WR.

3rd times a charm for Gordon huh?

Already putting Antonio Callaway in for ROY honors? Lmao

People try to get on the bandwagon of bad teams as soon as they start adding names, so they can act like they always saw the potential. Lol

All of this right here. 

Archived