2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So lets say he declares and the Giants take him. Do we pass on Oliver &/Or Bosa?

The logical thing to do is to take the premium player and then get the QB with your second pick/trade up or trade down. Even in the trade down scenario, maybe you’re taking the QB second after drafting one of the WRs out there with the first pick.

7 minutes ago, pwny said:

The logical thing to do is to take the premium player and then get the QB with your second pick/trade up or trade down. Even in the trade down scenario, maybe you’re taking the QB second after drafting one of the WRs out there with the first pick.

Instructions unclear; waiting until the 4th round to take Tyree Jackson while also signing Nathan Peterman.

All Buffalo everything.

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Serious question: If we wind up with the 3rd/4th pick and Nick Bosa or Ed Oliver are available...do we pass on them? No one seems to love the QBs in this draft and they seem to be the best 2 players albeit at positions we dont consider to be Top-5 needs

if u like a QB in that area u take him but id be hard pressed to pass on either of them even with bryan showing better at 3tech of oliver. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

only reason i dont think we take him is because 1) Hobby prefers longer guys on the DL and 2) we invested a 1st in bryan who seems to fit in at 3tech much more then at de.   i think if we want to go DE that replaces Campbell it would be Raekwon davis or zach allen. 

Not even saying he's the guy/great fit, but I'm also here for getting the best talent regardless (unless there is a QB you like) available.

Just try to bring in all the best players and figure it out later. I'll always be of that mindset when it comes to the draft.

It's a detriment to Coughlin regardless. If he had ultimate say, and he disliked Bortles as much as what was said, to be talked into a guy who was coming off an atrocious year by a GM who was on the hot seat/missed on a lot of high picks, that's pretty alarming.

Just hope they get it right and get a rookie this draft...although if they think they're all garbage (doubt it), obvious don't force it. Better have an ok option going into next year though if not to be a stopgap that can theoretically win games.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Not even saying he's the guy/great fit, but I'm also here for getting the best talent regardless (unless there is a QB you like) available.

Just try to bring in all the best players and figure it out later. I'll always be of that mindset when it comes to the draft.

oh i know hes a good fit in the sense of the position he will be playing.  im just saying with the capital weve invested in bryan(a 1st round pick) i dont really see us going for a strictly 3tech(maybe im wrong but i dont like the idea of oliver in a campbell role and we all saw how bad bryan was on the outside.  

if im picking a DL im going with Bosa first. i would go quinnen williams next because hes got better size and maybe he can handle playing the campbell role better then bryan.  at worse williams fills the void at NT(granted hes not a true NT but more of a Jay Ratliff style). 

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

oh i know hes a good fit in the sense of the position he will be playing.  im just saying with the capital weve invested in bryan(a 1st round pick) i dont really see us going for a strictly 3tech(maybe im wrong but i dont like the idea of oliver in a campbell role and we all saw how bad bryan was on the outside.  

if im picking a DL im going with Bosa first. i would go quinnen williams next because hes got better size and maybe he can handle playing the campbell role better then bryan.  at worse williams fills the void at NT(granted hes not a true NT but more of a Jay Ratliff style). 

We are likely picking in the 4-10 range. I highly doubt we will have our pick of the best defensive player on the board, especially considering only NYG is a legit threat to take a QB...unless the Raiders eat/trade off Carr's big contract. I don't see that, at least not yet.

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Oesher doesn't know anything right now and neither does the team. They don't even know who is declaring or what pick we have

If you don't think they have an inside scoop/plan on what they're doing with the draft/QB position when it's almost December and they just benched the QB they paid this offseason...