2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

lol.  What's Watson gonna say about his training partner/colleague?  "Yeah, he's got some really janky inconsistent mechanical stuff and hasn't proven a lick yet.  He's probably got years of work ahead of him ironing stuff out before he's any good"?  lol.

I can see the upside with Haskins, but man...i really don't trust this organization to develop someone that raw, properly.  And i've got pretty mixed feelings on Haskins to begin with.

Especially if this train is riding straight to the Top-10 like it sounds like with a lot of people these days.  I'm...not on that train right now.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I hate Ohio State but those were some pretty passes. How are his mechanics/footwork? I cant be burned by those things again and so soon

His footwork and mechanics are fine, but once he completes his drop, he just kind of stands there. He doesn't keep firing his feet always, which can lead to him being out of rhythm. It's as if he has no improvisational skills at all and needs to be in rhythm. I still think he's going to be a good NFL QB.

• Like 1

Really good read, and I agree with him.

I like Daniel Jones quite a bit, but these 3 he lists are definitely the three I'm hoping has his name called by the Jaguars in April.

Feel like, at this point, Grier is more of a mid/late 1st than top 10 but we'll see how things go.

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

His accuracy is the best part of his game he has issues if you can get him to move his feet and get him off his spot. When Haskins has a clean pocket he is pretty much money.

Problem is...in the NFL, you're gonna have those pressured situations 30-40% of the time.  And often in key situations, 3rd downs, etc.  So it's pretty big to be able to handle them without getting all twisted up.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Man, it's partly just a small sample size selection...but in these clips of Herbert, even the real "positive" ones like this...goodness gracious his tendency to lock on like a pitbull to a particular read is on display.  That's not great.