2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

What are you talking about? He didn't even have us taking Haskins...

Do you not know Pauline? He doesn't drop blurbs like that just for the hell of it. It's based on what he's hearing in league circles as Alfie said.

No idea why you have to pick a fight with everything man. If you choose to view that as nothing than cool, but it's draft season and things like this get put under a microscrope, especially with a very reputable source that doesn't drop random stuff like that unless he hears it.

You're literally just acting like only half of that very same comment/explanation is credible though.  The Haskins part.  Which could well mean something.  I'm not saying it doesn't.  Frankly, i'd be shocked if the Jaguars weren't looking into what it'll cost to go up and get Haskins.  But then just completely glossing over the other part about "CB fits a need on defense".  As though that is nothing.  Is that part not credible?  Within the exact same comment blurb from the same esteemed Tony Pauline?

It's not "picking a fight" man.  It's pointing out a major logical inconsistency in the way you're treating that blurb.  If Pauline doesn't "drop blurbs like that just for the hell of it", what makes you so sure he's dropping the "CB is a need" blurb just for the hell of it?

If we're taking that blurb at face value as having industry insider info...to me, that CB reference is a lot more interesting/surprising than suggesting that the most desperately QB-needy team at the top of the draft might be looking to trade up for the top QB.  A lot more to unpack if he's not just dropping a "CB is a need" sentiment for the hell of it.

5 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

You're literally just acting like only half of that very same comment/explanation is credible though.  The Haskins part.  Which could well mean something.  I'm not saying it doesn't.  Frankly, i'd be shocked if the Jaguars weren't looking into what it'll cost to go up and get Haskins.  But then just completely glossing over the other part about "CB fits a need on defense".  As though that is nothing.  Is that part not credible?  Within the exact same comment blurb from the same esteemed Tony Pauline?

It's not "picking a fight" man.  It's pointing out a major logical inconsistency in the way you're treating that blurb.  If Pauline doesn't "drop blurbs like that just for the hell of it", what makes you so sure he's dropping the "CB is a need" blurb just for the hell of it?

If we're taking that blurb at face value as having industry insider info...to me, that CB reference is a lot more interesting/surprising than suggesting that the most desperately QB-needy team at the top of the draft might be looking to trade up for the top QB.  A lot more to unpack if he's not just dropping a "CB is a need" sentiment for the hell of it.

Because I personally refuse to believe that Ramsey is in any way moving from this team as I think there's no way any organization would be dumb enough to do so, so I decided not too read into that part. Schefter said it too, who is very credible, but again, I don't see it happening so I'm not going to focus on that. Doesn't mean I'm not seeing the same thing as you, but that's not what I'm choosing to talk about.

If you want to talk about that, go for it. 

This is a forum and this is a draft thread about guys who intrigue us/we want to see us draft...so of course I'm talking about a blurb from a guy that's reputable that is talking about us likely trying to move up for a guy I'm a massive fan of and hope we take. I'm sure other people here would find it interesting to see Pauline talk about that as again, it likely means he's hearing it in league circles.

Everytime I post something it seems as if you expect me to either talk about every little detail of every report (this where it's two fold with a  need at CB AND Haskins), with a book of a post or act as if we shouldn't post different random blurbs of info as you don't find it valuable or worth talking about it and I don't get it. That's all fine and dandy, but this is a forum about the Jaguars and if I find something interesting or there's info I run into, I'm generally going to post it because some people on here may not see it and be interested/garner discussion.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Because I personally refuse to believe that Ramsey is in any way moving from this team as I think there's no way any organization would be dumb enough to do so, so I decided not too read into that part. Schefter said it too, who is very credible, but again, I don't see it happening so I'm not going to focus on that. Doesn't mean I'm not seeing the same thing as you, but that's not what I'm choosing to talk about.

If you want to talk about that, go for it. 

This is a forum and this is a draft thread about guys who intrigue us/we want to see us draft...so of course I'm talking about a blurb from a guy that's reputable that is talking about us likely trying to move up for a guy I'm a massive fan of and hope we take. I'm sure other people here would find it interesting to see Pauline talk about that as again, it likely means he's hearing it in league circles.

Everytime I post something it seems as if you expect me to either talk about every little detail of every report (this where it's two fold with a  need at CB AND Haskins), with a book of a post or act as if we shouldn't post different random blurbs of info as you don't find it valuable or worth talking about it and I don't get it. That's all fine and dandy, but this is a forum about the Jaguars and if I find something interesting or there's info I run into, I'm generally going to post it because some people on here may not see it and be interested/garner discussion.

Yeah.  I sometimes like to discuss things in detail, on a discussion forum.  Rather than 140 character throwaway takes.  Crazy i know.  But personally, if i just wanted sit here mashing the RT button, i'd fire up the ol' twitter.

Not really interested in just going along like, "yup, here's a twitter post of Haskins photoshopped into a Jags jersey so it's happening that's awesome".  Not interesting to me.  Like, are you posting that to actually spur discussion, or basically just to cheerlead?

If you are just posting it 'cause you like it and find it cool and exciting, go ahead and keep on keepin' on.  Far be it for me to stand in the way of that.  It's cool to be excited about stuff.  Obviously i'd rather have deeper novel-length discussions about some things...but a lot of the stuff is legitimately interesting nonetheless.  Doesn't bother me that it's posted, and like i've said before...it's often a nice index of some stuff myself or others may have otherwise missed.  Just don't act like i'm "picking a fight" when i actually want to have a discussion about it, or point out a contrary perspective on it.  Divergent and dissenting opinions doesn't have to be a "fight".

Like when i point out that the comment has us taking a CB and calls it a position of need if we don't go QB there.  That to me, is a really interesting suggestion, if we're going to take the source at face value as a real plugged-in insider.  It carries some interesting implications.  Whether it's Jalen or Bouye, or even planning for the future at a position we're currently completely "set".  Greedy seems like a plug-in replacement for either guy...but that'd be a huge premium to invest in a "win now" sort of year on a "3rd Corner", unless there's something else going on.

I'm not going to just choose to just ignore half the comment because i don't like it though.  Cherry-picking the bit i do like.  I'm not even "anti-Haskins" like you seem to think.  I'm certainly not pro-taking a CB at 7.  I just feel like banging the Haskins drum has kinda been beaten to death.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I sometimes like to discuss things in detail, on a discussion forum.  Rather than 140 character throwaway takes.  Crazy i know.  But personally, if i just wanted sit here mashing the RT button, i'd fire up the ol' twitter.

Not really interested in just going along like, "yup, here's a twitter post of Haskins photoshopped into a Jags jersey so it's happening that's awesome".  Not interesting to me.  Like, are you posting that to actually spur discussion, or basically just to cheerlead?

If you are just posting it 'cause you like it and find it cool and exciting, go ahead and keep on keepin' on.  Far be it for me to stand in the way of that.  It's cool to be excited about stuff.  Obviously i'd rather have deeper novel-length discussions about some things...but a lot of the stuff is legitimately interesting nonetheless.  Doesn't bother me that it's posted, and like i've said before...it's often a nice index of some stuff myself or others may have otherwise missed.  Just don't act like i'm "picking a fight" when i actually want to have a discussion about it, or point out a contrary perspective on it.  Divergent and dissenting opinions doesn't have to be a "fight".

Like when i point out that the comment has us taking a CB and calls it a position of need if we don't go QB there.  That to me, is a really interesting suggestion, if we're going to take the source at face value as a real plugged-in insider.  It carries some interesting implications.  Whether it's Jalen or Bouye, or even planning for the future at a position we're currently completely "set".  Greedy seems like a plug-in replacement for either guy...but that'd be a huge premium to invest in a "win now" sort of year on a "3rd Corner", unless there's something else going on.

I'm not going to just choose to just ignore half the comment because i don't like it though.  Cherry-picking the bit i do like.  I'm not even "anti-Haskins" like you seem to think.  I'm certainly not pro-taking a CB at 7.  I just feel like banging the Haskins drum has kinda been beaten to death.

Well, it certainly seems like a fight when this is the case so often. I'm fine with differing opinions as it's a forum, but sometimes it feels like it's just arguing to argue. This isn't arguing about a prospect or arguing about the team, it's literally arguing because I posted a blurb from a mock draft from a credible guy and talked about him hearing in league circles about Haskins but not talking about the questions surrounding Ramsey.

It is a forum, and we can go into deeper detail, but not everyone sees this stuff that I post from Twitter. I'm sure some people here didn't see that blurb from Pauline and thought it was interesting. Didn't know everytime I posted a tweet or quote from somewhere I needed to go into deep details and dissect everything about it. I'm not catering what I post to what you like or what fits what you want to see when you post here. I'm sorry, but...

This forum is good for more than one thing and one thing only. Not everything needs to be a deliberate long drawn out discussion. Look around, a lot of people post tweets or random blurbs of info without going into deep details about everything out there. Its cool if that's what you're about, but sometimes I'm just checking Twitter or reading an article and post it here without having time to go into deep detail.

And again, that's fine if you are interested in that. I saw it and I'm not disputing it or acting as if that's not interesting, but I don't think Ramsey is getting moved and we've had these discussions already. This is the draft forum and we clearly are looking for a QB which is the most important position in pro sports. Of course I'm going to talk mainly about the draft/rookie QB rather than post it and talk about the blurb that talks about CB being a need which then gets into a discussion about Ramsey being dealt or Bouye being cut.

I don't come here and post everything with a large amount of time to put a well thought out/coming at it from all angles point. I literally posted the tweet and said that Pauline is credible/another guy to come out and show that they're hearing we may be looking to move up for him. I didn't even dissect that part of the post or really even disregard the first part, just stated that I found the Haskins part interesting. I saw it on my way to the bathroom at work...

Edited by .Buzz

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Well, it certainly seems like a fight when this is the case so often. I'm fine with differing opinions as it's a forum, but sometimes it feels like it's just arguing to argue. This isn't arguing about a prospect or arguing about the team, it's literally arguing because I posted a blurb from a mock draft from a credible guy and talked about him hearing in league circles about Haskins but not talking about the questions surrounding Ramsey.

It is a forum, and we can go into deeper detail, but not everyone sees this stuff that I post from Twitter. I'm sure some people here didn't see that blurb from Pauline and thought it was interesting. Didn't know everytime I posted a tweet or quote from somewhere I needed to go into deep details and dissect everything about it. I'm not catering what I post to what you like or what fits what you want to see when you post here. I'm sorry, but...

This forum is good for more than one thing and one thing only. Not everything needs to be a deliberate long drawn out discussion. Look around, a lot of people post tweets or random blurbs of info without going into deep details about everything out there. Its cool if that's what you're about, but sometimes I'm just checking Twitter or reading an article and post it here without having time to go into deep detail.

And again, that's fine if you are interested in that. I saw it and I'm not disputing it or acting as if that's not interesting, but I don't think Ramsey is getting moved and we've had these discussions already. This is the draft forum and we clearly are looking for a QB which is the most important position in pro sports. Of course I'm going to talk mainly about the draft/rookie QB rather than post it and talk about the blurb that talks about CB being a need which then gets into a discussion about Ramsey being dealt or Bouye being cut.

I don't come here and post everything with a large amount of time to put a well thought out/coming at it from all angles point. I literally posted the tweet and said that Pauline is credible/another guy to come out and show that they're hearing we may be looking to move up for him. I didn't even dissect that part of the post or really even disregard the first part, just stated that I found the Haskins part interesting. I saw it on my way to the bathroom at work...

I mean, that's fine, but the last paragraph is key.

If you just want to dump stuff off without an all angles thought on your way to take a dump, that's fine.  It can be a great jumping off point for discussion or thought anyway.  I have no problem with it.  Heaven knows this forum needs jumping off points like that to keep things flowing.  And i'm certainly piss poor at delivering a bunch of tweets/articles without pretext to spur discussion.

Just don't need to be surprised or feel like i'm "starting a fight" for wanting to dive into things a little deeper and from some different angles.  'Cause that's why i'm here, and what makes it different from the limitations of a twitter feed for me.  Like...if not to invite deeper discussion and debate, what exactly are you posting things for?  Like, a personal repository of things you found on the way to bathroom?  :/

Maybe it just seems like i'm starting a fight because when i do reply to something, it's typically when i feel like i have something to add, or a different angle, or a devils advocate point that hasn't been covered, or...something.  Don't usually feel compelled to reaffirm other stuff i do totally agree with posting a fluff "yeah, totally agree!"   An echo chamber doesn't do much for me.  So i'm sorry if you feel like i'm attacking you or something.  I'm not.  Unless you think my "novel-length" replies are interfering with your experience.  I'm just here for the discussion, and sometimes a "without comment" prompt requires some long-winded backfill to jump off from.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, that's fine, but the last paragraph is key.

If you just want to dump stuff off without an all angles thought on your way to take a dump, that's fine.  It can be a great jumping off point for discussion or thought anyway.  I have no problem with it.  Heaven knows this forum needs jumping off points like that to keep things flowing.  And i'm certainly piss poor at delivering a bunch of tweets/articles without pretext to spur discussion.

Just don't need to be surprised or feel like i'm "starting a fight" for wanting to dive into things a little deeper and from some different angles.  'Cause that's why i'm here, and what makes it different from the limitations of a twitter feed for me.  Like...if not to invite deeper discussion and debate, what exactly are you posting things for?  Like, a personal repository of things you found on the way to bathroom?  :/

Maybe it just seems like i'm starting a fight because when i do reply to something, it's typically when i feel like i have something to add, or a different angle, or a devils advocate point that hasn't been covered, or...something.  Don't usually feel compelled to reaffirm other stuff i do totally agree with posting a fluff "yeah, totally agree!"   An echo chamber doesn't do much for me.  So i'm sorry if you feel like i'm attacking you or something.  I'm not.  Unless you think my "novel-length" replies are interfering with your experience.  I'm just here for the discussion, and sometimes a "without comment" prompt requires some long-winded backfill to jump off from.

Oh, Im all for looking for a debate, but you didn't just pick that up and talk about it. Instead you called me out for only talking about a piece of it and asked why I glossed over something...which I didn't. I just didn't acknowledge it in a quick snippet post I made to show an interesting blurb of info I found. I didn't really cover any angle of it besides saying again, that it was interesting and there's now a couple people who said that about us with Haskins.

If you want to dive into something I didn't that's fine obviously, but no idea why you need to come at me for not going at it. As I said, 90 percent of the time I'm on here I don't have time to do that. I would imagine a lot of other people are in that same boat.

heres my take on our whole corner position.

Ramsey-keep.

Bouye-cut/trade after ramsey extension because paying atleast 30 million for 2 corners probably doesnt work well for the rest of the team.

Hayden-keep him until his guranteed money is low then cut. seemed like a good fit but i dont like spending 5 million on a guy who isnt being a big playmaker from the slot. 

Meeks-keep as our future bouye replacement. he seemed really good in his 1 healthy game. 

Herndon-probably a future slot corner for us. 

FA: Patmon would be a good idea to resign this year but at that point your keeping 6 corners on the roster but his ability to play inside and out cant be understated. 

i really dont think we need to spend a premium pick on corner at this time.  better off using it for a 2nd true edge guy, a DT, maybe ILB(white seems like a legit stud ILB built for the modern NFL but would likely mean we are getting rid of telvin and his terrible contract or taking jacobs out the lineup.  the best Idea for our 1st round pick is to get Haskins but i wouldnt be terribley upset if we picked Murray even tho its a huge gamble. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

heres my take on our whole corner position.

Ramsey-keep.

Bouye-cut/trade after ramsey extension because paying atleast 30 million for 2 corners probably doesnt work well for the rest of the team.

Hayden-keep him until his guranteed money is low then cut. seemed like a good fit but i dont like spending 5 million on a guy who isnt being a big playmaker from the slot. 

Meeks-keep as our future bouye replacement. he seemed really good in his 1 healthy game. 

Herndon-probably a future slot corner for us. 

FA: Patmon would be a good idea to resign this year but at that point your keeping 6 corners on the roster but his ability to play inside and out cant be understated. 

i really dont think we need to spend a premium pick on corner at this time.  better off using it for a 2nd true edge guy, a DT, maybe ILB(white seems like a legit stud ILB built for the modern NFL but would likely mean we are getting rid of telvin and his terrible contract or taking jacobs out the lineup.  the best Idea for our 1st round pick is to get Haskins but i wouldnt be terribley upset if we picked Murray even tho its a huge gamble. 

I hope we don't let go of Bouye personally...lot of $ with him and Ramsey coming up but...

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I hope we don't let go of Bouye personally...lot of $ with him and Ramsey coming up but...

i feel like meeks showed well in his 1 start to be considered a Potential starter in this scheme.  

we are gonna need to have money ready for extensions not to mention potential signings.  our roster offensively is very close to trash.  our WR corps looks decent but doesnt have a true 1.  at TE its a bag of peanuts.  i really dont see a way we can afford to pay 2 corners that much money even as the cap increases.   

we can pencil Ngakoue in for atleast 10 million on an extension that is well deserved.  

theres just really no money to go around to keep everyone. meeks showed alot of promise for an UDFA rookie in his lone start.   

like i want to keep telvin to see if he has a good rebound year but man that salary number is bad and if we cut him we are probably gonna need a MLB as jack didnt play the position that well from the eye test. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

what if we used all this "foles money" and used it on Bell, trade fournette and w,e to go grab haskins. better offense am i right?

its been talked about chances of it happening maybe about 5%.

Edited by DuvalsKing

Am I crazy to not want Bell? He sat out an entire year, already has been suspended once so his next one will be even longer, he has been ridden practically into the ground by the Steelers and 3 of his last 4 seasons his touch totals were: 370-330-400 and the 1 in between was injury. He isn't going to sign for a 2-3 year deal, he wants a long one and we shouldn't pay it. I'm all for going after Haskins and 100% for not going after Foles but Bell isn't the answer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Am I crazy to not want Bell? He sat out an entire year, already has been suspended once so his next one will be even longer, he has been ridden practically into the ground by the Steelers and 3 of his last 4 seasons his touch totals were: 370-330-400 and the 1 in between was injury. He isn't going to sign for a 2-3 year deal, he wants a long one and we shouldn't pay it. I'm all for going after Haskins and 100% for not going after Foles but Bell isn't the answer. 

It’s all just off season fodder where reporters just throw anything against the wall and hope that it sticks. I agree with everything you’ve written I’m not interested in Bell or Foles.

Edited by DuvalsKing