2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He's got such an interesting laid back comfortable demeanor there.

As for the clip, it seems like a kinda weird bit to highlight.  He's basically just talking about a half field 2 read play.  Identifying the 1v1 coverage and putting it to a spot where the athletic ability of his receiver can freelance to make a play for him.  Which is cool.  Obviously system executed to perfection and there's a lot of translatable elements to that.  But it's pretty darn clear from the tape that he has that system down like a machine.  Almost seems like highlighting the concerns about the system he's coming out of though, and how many "easy throws" and reads he was afforded via scheme.

Some of the other stuff he talks about in the full video posted in that thread is more impressive to me.  With more emphasis on protections, pre-snap reads/misreads and reactions, and just the way he talks about "feeling" pressure.  Kinda getting at the way going up against that OSU pass rush in practice sets his internal timer to probably a more NFL-appropriate setting.

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

if we cant trade up to get Haskins i have a feeling its definitely in the wheel house to just pick him even tho Murray would be the better(short-term pick at the least).

I think Hock is great but I'm not enamored with a TE that high.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea you just cant take a TE that high. Vernon Davis was supposed to be an absolute stud of a dual threat TE and while he had a fine career he certainly wasn't worth it. Even if Hock is better I just feel like you either trade down for him or you have to pass on the guy

Sure he was. But that was only because of the rest of the draft class lol.

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'm all for Hock but not at 7 like it's been speculated. Gotta be round 2, although who knows if he makes it.

We're in such an awkward spot to target Hockenson.  I agree, 7 just seems really rich for a TE, no matter how good and well-rounded a prospect they are.  But you have to think his absolute floor in the draft is probably around where a guy like OJ Howard went, in the teens somewhere.  Hockenson is a better prospect too.  There's literally zero chance he's there for our 2nd round pick though.  Unless something catastrophic happens with him between now and the draft, or a video surfaces on draft night of him smoking up in a gas mask or something.  So it's the kinda thing where we'd either have to move down a little bit from 7, or up a bunch from our 2nd rounder.

Man, he'd be a heck of a weapon for us though.  Especially if we somehow end up with Foles or something.

Just now, LinderFournette said:

Vernon davis was better then yall realize cuz he had some fairly awful qbs during his time.  hell of a run blocker as well. mismatch for defenses in the recieving department. 

I have no problems with us having taken VD #6 in that class. Not something I would advocate for typically, and I do think it's a bit of an uphill battle for a tight end to be worth it, but it's not impossible. In VD's case though, his being worth that selection is made even more clear when you look at the rest of that first round, which is pretty dreadful. Hardpressed to find 5 better first round picks - Mangold, Ngata, Joseph, and maybe Williams and Cromartie? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have no problems with us having taken VD #6 in that class. Not something I would advocate for typically, and I do think it's a bit of an uphill battle for a tight end to be worth it, but it's not impossible. In VD's case though, his being worth that selection is made even more clear when you look at the rest of that first round, which is pretty dreadful. Hardpressed to find 5 better first round picks - Mangold, Ngata, Joseph, and maybe Williams and Cromartie? 

hey now how can u forget Mercedes Lewis. definitely a worth it pick.  didnt always post pretty numbers due to bad qb play but man he was a hell of a blocker and had some good moves if we got him a catch.  also have to specify ypur williams cuz there was super mario and deangelo williams cant believe u forgot Tamba Hali as well.

1. 1 1 Houston Texans Mario Williams  DE NC State ACC [5]
      1 2 New Orleans Saints Reggie Bush  RB USC Pac-10 [6]
      1 3 Tennessee Titans Vince Young  QB Texas Big 12 [7]
      1 4 New York Jets D'Brickashaw Ferguson  OT Virginia ACC  
      1 5 Green Bay Packers A. J. Hawk  LB Ohio State Big Ten  
      1 6 San Francisco 49ers Vernon Davis  TE Maryland ACC  
      1 7 Oakland Raiders Michael Huff  S Texas Big 12  
      1 8 Buffalo Bills Donte Whitner  S Ohio State Big Ten  
      1 9 Detroit Lions Ernie Sims  LB Florida State ACC  
      1 10 Arizona Cardinals Matt Leinart  QB USC Pac-10 2004 Heisman Trophy winner [8]
      1 11 Denver Broncos Jay Cutler  QB Vanderbilt SEC from St. Louis[R1 - 1]
      1 12 Baltimore Ravens Haloti Ngata  DT Oregon Pac-10 from Cleveland[R1 - 2]
      1 13 Cleveland Browns Kamerion Wimbley  DE Florida State ACC from Baltimore[R1 - 3]
      1 14 Philadelphia Eagles Brodrick Bunkley  DT Florida State ACC  
      1 15 St. Louis Rams Tye Hill  CB Clemson ACC from Atlanta via Denver[R1 - 4]
      1 16 Miami Dolphins Jason Allen  S Tennessee SEC  
      1 17 Minnesota Vikings Chad Greenway  LB Iowa Big Ten  
      1 18 Dallas Cowboys Bobby Carpenter  LB Ohio State Big Ten  
      1 19 San Diego Chargers Antonio Cromartie  CB Florida State ACC [9]
      1 20 Kansas City Chiefs Tamba Hali  DE Penn State Big Ten  
      1 21 New England Patriots Laurence Maroney  RB Minnesota Big Ten  
      1 22 San Francisco 49ers Manny Lawson  LB NC State ACC from Washington via Denver[R1 - 5]
      1 23 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Davin Joseph  G Oklahoma Big 12  
      1 24 Cincinnati Bengals Johnathan Joseph  CB South Carolina SEC  
      1 25 Pittsburgh Steelers Santonio Holmes  WR Ohio State Big Ten from New York Giants[R1 - 6]
      1 26 Buffalo Bills John McCargo  DT NC State ACC from Chicago[R1 - 7]
      1 27 Carolina Panthers DeAngelo Williams  RB Memphis C-USA  
      1 28 Jacksonville Jaguars Marcedes Lewis  TE UCLA Pac-10  
      1 29 New York Jets Nick Mangold  C Ohio State Big Ten from Denver via Atlanta[R1 - 8]
      1 30 Indianapolis Colts Joseph Addai  RB LSU SEC  
      1 31 Seattle Seahawks Kelly Jennings  CB Miami (FL) ACC [10]
      1 32 New York Giants Mathias Kiwanuka  DE Boston College ACC from Pittsburgh[R1 - 9]
Edited by LinderFournette
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Vernon Davis was an outlier he was basically chosen that high because he was thought to be the guy who was going to revolutionize the position because he had such a dominate workout. VD ran a 4.3 40 coming out he had a skill set that scouts thought were going to set him apart from past prospects but it didn't really materialize into anything QB or no QB aside and clearly as currently constructed we have no QB but people would be cool with taking TJ number 7? Is TJ a top 7 player in this years draft? I think I can rattle off about 30 players or more names I'd rather have before I even get to TJs name.    

Edited by DuvalsKing