2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

18 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I feel like i'm completely missing something on Jawaan Taylor.  I just don't get it...at all.  I'd be happy to add him to the Jaguars, but Top-10?  He feels like one of these guys who really "looks the part" and gets people hyped...but the actual tape of him playing football is really...ehhh....

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Everyone was freaking out about Murray's size but here we are at over 5'10 and 205.

I don’t question anything about Murray kid can ball only thing I question is the FO to pull the trigger. If you pass on him you’ll be in the same position with the revisiting of Mahomes, Watson and picking a punter over Wilson. Just like last year when everyone wanted Mayfield, it was still talented guys and since the Jets couldn’t get Baker they ended up with Donald. They were still upbeat and pleasantly surprised by Donald. So if the Jags can’t get Haskins take a flyer on the kid.

Edited by DuvalsKing

On 25/02/2019 at 5:15 PM, LinderFournette said:

thats big. 

ehhh...it's big, but Kyler choosing not to throw or do any of the drills at that weight raises some questions about whether that's going to be his real "playing weight" i think.

Gaining weight isn't a big trick.  Maintaining that same dynamic mobility at that weight, is the make or break thing.  I don't think his weigh-in at the combine completely puts that to bed.  He'll still be by far the smallest QB in the NFL even those numbers...and he hasn't even demonstrated he can excel in athletic testing and play his game at that weight.

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Thats a potential plus for us if coughlin cant get haskins

Biggest difference, is actually that Wilson was playing a lot of his NFL years at like 225lbs, and recently worked hard to slim down to like 215lbs.

Whereas seeing Kyler Murray at the combine, i think there's reason to believe he's probably pushing the limits of what his frame can really handle at that 207.  He's not going to get up into that 225 range.  There's a pretty big gulf between those two frames i think...especially when you're already talking about the absolute extreme for a "small QB" in the NFL at 5'10" 207lbs.  Weird that people are acting like suddenly Kyler Murray isn't still absolutely tiny for an NFL QB, just because he walked onto a scale and registered a lower weight than any NFL QB at a weight he doesn't even seem comfortable throwing and doing athletic testing at.