2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Take him off marrones list

Probably more just, move him to Guard on Marrone's list.  Which is fine.  I think there's a good chance that's Jonah Williams' best position anyway.

Though i'm not sure Guard is really on the table at 7, and he'll be long gone by the time we pick again in the 2nd.  So i guess maybe kinda crosses him off the realistic draft targets list perhaps.

If it's long arms they're after though...Martez Ivey probably has to be on the radar.  Like 36 1/4" arms and a 3 and a half mile wingspan or something like that.  Absolute massive human being with vines for arms.  xD

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Probably more just, move him to Guard on Marrone's list.  Which is fine.  I think there's a good chance that's Jonah Williams' best position anyway.

Though i'm not sure Guard is really on the table at 7, and he'll be long gone by the time we pick again in the 2nd.  So i guess maybe kinda crosses him off the realistic draft targets list perhaps.

If it's long arms they're after though...Martez Ivey probably has to be on the radar.  Like 36 1/4" arms and a 3 and a half mile wingspan or something like that.  Absolute massive human being with vines for arms.  xD

If TE is on the table idk why Guard wouldn't be

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

ehhh...it's big, but Kyler choosing not to throw or do any of the drills at that weight raises some questions about whether that's going to be his real "playing weight" i think.

Gaining weight isn't a big trick.  Maintaining that same dynamic mobility at that weight, is the make or break thing.  I don't think his weigh-in at the combine completely puts that to bed.  He'll still be by far the smallest QB in the NFL even those numbers...and he hasn't even demonstrated he can excel in athletic testing and play his game at that weight.

He probably gained all the weight just to get a decent number. I'd be shocked if he played at that weight

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Heres kinda a list from last year.  

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/4/15/17239198/doug-marrone-and-having-a-type

Those exclusions left me with prospect weight and arm length being the number one factors seemingly considered when Marrone goes to the draft, with height coming in as a close second, with vertical jump height coming in as the distant meaningful factor.

ivey probably somewhere on that list.  

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

TE is on the table because Hockenson is an elite all-around TE. Pair that with our Current TE Situation which we have only ben Koyak and some random futures/PS fodder dude yeah TE is a significant need. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think TE would be on the table, simply because we need receiving weapons...and arguably the best one in the draft, just happens to be a TE.  I don't think just any TE would be on the table.

I mean, i guess a Guard could be the pick...it's just such a non-premium position, and we've already got a ton of salary tied up in 2/3 Interior OLinemen.  Doesn't seem likely.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Heres kinda a list from last year.  

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/4/15/17239198/doug-marrone-and-having-a-type

ivey probably somewhere on that list.  

It's such a small sample size.  By the time you start incorporating the guys they've had actually playing for him, including a fairly big ticket UFA they went out and got for Marrone in Norwell...he doesn't really fit that prototype exactly.  Norwell and Cann both fall short of those sort of arm-length thresholds for instance.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's such a small sample size.  By the time you start incorporating the guys they've had actually playing for him, including a fairly big ticket UFA they went out and got for Marrone in Norwell...he doesn't really fit that prototype exactly.  Norwell and Cann both fall short of those sort of arm-length thresholds for instance.

33 5/8 arm length doesnt seem small for a guard. 

However norwell is also 325+ and had a good vert jump(28) as well ad his height. 

I think marrone rolls with a 33.5 arm length

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I think TE would be on the table, simply because we need receiving weapons...and arguably the best one in the draft, just happens to be a TE.  I don't think just any TE would be on the table.

I mean, i guess a Guard could be the pick...it's just such a non-premium position, and we've already got a ton of salary tied up in 2/3 Interior OLinemen.  Doesn't seem likely.

That's all I'm saying about guard too. If you have one there that is an elite level guy then just like TE, you can take him without worrying about the position so much. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That's all I'm saying about guard too. If you have one there that is an elite level guy then just like TE, you can take him without worrying about the position so much. 

im not sure what u want to call Cody ford from Oklahoma(cuz IMO hes a RT and RG). theres no true guard like last years nelson in this class. matter of fact i dont think theres an OL in this class as good as nelson was regardless of position.