2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

20 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, there is talent on offens, whether Nick turns them around is a different story and not something we should bet on though.

I LOVE Hock, but he's still a TE and that's not a common position to be taking top 7, let alone top 10. I am here for taking him, but I get the hesitation too.

Taylor's tape is impressive and I'm a fan, but the DL talent is pretty overwhelming and I think the plan is to have a better more consistent QB and have an elite D and hope to get back to where we were/surpass 2017, for better or worse. Wouldn't shock me to take a top tier talent along the DL (which there will be one at 7), even with offensive need.

Can still grab Irv/Hakeem in round 2, WR/TE/OL Rd 3, and one the last of the 3 or RB with that 3rd from LAR too.

DT simmons in round 2 sounds hot

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Yeah, Taylor is a polarizing guy and Dillard is getting a lot of (justified) hype.

Gotta admit, never thought defense but as we get closer the talent level between a guy like Oliver/Sweat to an OL/TE (Taylor/Dillard/Hock/Fant) I think is evident.

Ideally you have an elite offensive piece sitting there, and although I'm a Hock fan, just not sure there is that. There's several defensive lineman on the other hand that have that potential (elite piece).

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I consider Hock to be a surefire elite player, but I'm probably a bit biased.

I love what I saw watching him live and the few games I've seen.

Lageman didn't seem to high on his blocking. You should fast forward to that part of the segment if you can. Seemed to think when both he and Fant were in blocking situations they were similar, and wasn't a huge fan of him in that role as is. Can't say I agree, but...

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I love what I saw watching him live and the few games I've seen.

Lageman didn't seem to high on his blocking. You should fast forward to that part of the segment if you can. Seemed to think when both he and Fant were in blocking situations they were similar, and wasn't a huge fan of him in that role as is. Can't say I agree, but...

I will try to check it out when I can. I will say that as good as Lag is at analysis, he struggles sometimes staying away from confirmation bias/seeing what he wants to see when he gets locked in on an opinion or mindset.

16 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I will try to check it out when I can. I will say that as good as Lag is at analysis, he struggles sometimes staying away from confirmation bias/seeing what he wants to see when he gets locked in on an opinion or mindset.

I've definitely noticed that.

It's going to be crazy all the way up to our pick. Literally have no idea which way we go. Three possible OTs, two possible TEs, Metcalf, Haskins, Gary/Oliver/Sweat/Burns/Greedy (or Quinnen if he falls)...lot of options. 

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I've definitely noticed that.

It's going to be crazy all the way up to our pick. Literally have no idea which way we go. Three possible OTs, two possible TEs, Metcalf, Haskins, Gary/Oliver/Sweat/Burns/Greedy (or Quinnen if he falls)...lot of options. 

Ready to put the shoe in my mouth again if we take Metcalf.

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Who do you guys think are legit options(in the sense that we could take them despite your feelings about them) for us at 7? I assume the list is about 10-15 guys but just curious

How upset would you be if we took any of those guys?

Guys I mentioned above. Taylor, Dillard, Jonah, Metcalf, Hock, Fant, Greedy, Burns, Sweat, Allen, Oliver, Gary, Haskins, or the elites if they fall (Boss/Quinnen).

On 21/03/2019 at 11:56 AM, .Buzz said:

Odd but I sorta see the Foles comp a bit.

The big boi Teddy comp is definitely a weird one, but it's kinda where i've landed on a comp for Haskins.  With that extra mass, he's obviously not quite as quick as a scrambler...but they're both really similar to me as pretty pure pocket passers.  They've both got that same really quick, whippy arm delivery and thrive on those precision timing throws underneath, more touch throwers deep.

17 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Gotta admit, never thought defense but as we get closer the talent level between a guy like Oliver/Sweat to an OL/TE (Taylor/Dillard/Hock/Fant) I think is evident.

Ideally you have an elite offensive piece sitting there, and although I'm a Hock fan, just not sure there is that. There's several defensive lineman on the other hand that have that potential (elite piece).

Reality is, it's not even like we're fully 100% set on the DLine at this point anyway.  We don't have any kind of replacement for Fowler who played a role, but a pretty impactful one tbh.  And Calais is into his 30s - he's got what, a year or two left before he's cut loose too?  Gonna need someone there.  Inside...Dareus is probably gone in a year or two as well, and we just lost a contributor in Malik with Taven hardly being a guarantee to give us top notch long-term DT play.  Considering it often takes young DLinemen a year or so to find their NFL legs...maybe there's something to it.

Much as it would be disappointing not to address the offensive side of the ball where we obviously need help in the worst way...if the value is DLine, it might not be the worst thing.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Reality is, it's not even like we're fully 100% set on the DLine at this point anyway.  We don't have any kind of replacement for Fowler who played a role, but a pretty impactful one tbh.  And Calais is into his 30s - he's got what, a year or two left before he's cut loose too?  Gonna need someone there.  Inside...Dareus is probably gone in a year or two as well, and we just lost a contributor in Malik with Taven hardly being a guarantee to give us top notch long-term DT play.  Considering it often takes young DLinemen a year or so to find their NFL legs...maybe there's something to it.

Much as it would be disappointing not to address the offensive side of the ball where we obviously need help in the worst way...if the value is DLine, it might not be the worst thing.

Exactly, and the defense is this teams bread and butter and likely will be until a legit top 8-10 QB comes to town that we can lean on to take us places.

Right now, these are my feelings on picks:

Not a fan, but after 5 minutes I'll get hyped regardless and hope it works out like usual: Metcalf, Greedy, Lock, Murphy

I'm ok with it: Fant, Taylor, Dillard, Jonah, Gary, Burns, Ferrell, Kyler

Let's roll: Haskins, Oliver, Sweat, Quinnen, Hock, Allen

Devin White is great but I don't see him as possible with our LB situation honestly. Feel like everyone listed are the options at 7.

Edited by .Buzz