2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

But what position will he play? Isnt that the big question on Jonah?

I mean, he should play OT. His arms are slightly small so some think a move to OG may be in the books, but guys like Joe Thomas, Mitchell Schwartz, and plenty other good tackles have made it work.

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

look at the book of Marrones Drafted OL.   all got 34+ inch arms. 

Pretty odd that one of the most trusted draft experts as far as info goes says we really like him then, huh...

Edited by .Buzz

Just now, .Buzz said:

Pretty odd that one of the most trusted draft experts as far as info goes says we like him then, huh...

u have to remember this team likes to operate out in the dark.  no one knew who we were picking early in previous drafts going back to Bortles.  i mean ramsey was likely a given at that point but no one knew he would fall.  

this is the Smockescreen season.  Just the other day i heard the giants were fairly high on Haskins. like a couple days later they werent. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

u have to remember this team likes to operate out in the dark.  no one knew who we were picking early in previous drafts going back to Bortles.  i mean ramsey was likely a given at that point but no one knew he would fall.  

this is the Smockescreen season.  Just the other day i heard the giants were fairly high on Haskins. like a couple days later they werent. 

Sure, but I don't think Pauline just goes with any random rumor he hears. If he did, people wouldn't respect him like they do.

Regardless, wouldn't just assume because he doesn't hit Marrones previous OL numbers he is off their board. He was a top 5 lock for the longest time and because he was always viewed as an elite OL prospect he seems to be getting dropped. Classic case of prospect fatigue. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Sure, but I don't think Pauline just goes with any random rumor he hears. If he did, people wouldn't respect him like they do.

Regardless, wouldn't just assume because he doesn't hit Marrones previous OL numbers he is off their board. He was a top 5 lock for the longest time and because he was always viewed as an elite OL prospect he seems to be getting dropped. Classic case of prospect fatigue. 

i dont see franchise LT with him.   thats what u want when u draft a tackle top 10 or a probowl RT(im adjusting this cuz the titans with Lewan and conklin). 

let us not forget that most Bama OL tend to struggle when they get into the pros for whatever reason. the only 1 that has seemingly done pretty well recently i believe is the colts center ryan kelly. outside of kelly i dont recall a bama ol who was picked early(day 1 or day 2) that has performed to their expectations.    

10 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i dont see franchise LT with him.   thats what u want when u draft a tackle top 10 or a probowl RT(im adjusting this cuz the titans with Lewan and conklin). 

let us not forget that most Bama OL tend to struggle when they get into the pros for whatever reason. the only 1 that has seemingly done pretty well recently i believe is the colts center ryan kelly. outside of kelly i dont recall a bama ol who was picked early(day 1 or day 2) that has performed to their expectations.    

Not going to pass on Jonah because of past Bama OL.

48 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

pass on him just like how we passed on Cam

cam actually made some sense and fit the marrone OL model and it was widely considered to be a BPA pick as well.  i prefered lamp at the time cuz i felt Lamp could do some work at tackle or guard.  

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/4/15/17239198/doug-marrone-and-having-a-type

jonah doesnt seem to fit the height(hes shorter by an inch of all OL drafted by marrone), arm length.   let us not forget hes picked 2 bama Left tackles and 1 has proven to be a bust(im guessing cuz of his slow get off(he ran a 1.93 10 yard) and the other is still very much a huge question mark after an injury year following an up and down rookie year. 

9 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Yeah if your "philosophy" has you ignoring Quentin Nelson because he's short by some random measurable,  you probably need to revisit your philosophy

There are exceptions to the rule when it comes to free agents and resignings by the looks of it.  I mean cann and norwell for starters.