2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

On 10/5/2018 at 7:02 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

All I hope is we find some help on the OL. We clearly lack depth outside of the starters

I don't think you guys take into account just how starved the entire league is for Oline depth you're just not going to be able to acquire potential starters as backups at oline its not possible.

Edited by DuvalsKing

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I don't think you guys take into account just how starved the entire league is for Oline depth you're just not going to be able to acquire potential starters as backups at oline its not possible.

And you're not taking into account just how bad our OL is. We literally have three of the bottom 5 pass blockers in the entire NFL this season. We don't just have bad backups because of a league wide issue, we literally lead the pack in disasters.

Despite there being at least 50 OL injuries across the NFL this season, Josh Walker has been the worst OL in the league, bar none. No backup has performed as poorly as he has. Despite those injuries to other teams, only two OL in the entire NFL - backups included - have been as bad as two of our starting OL (Cann and Parnell) and we have backups that are somehow so much worse than those guys that they aren't even in danger of losing their starting spot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pwny said:

And you're not taking into account just how bad our OL is. We literally have three of the bottom 5 pass blockers in the entire NFL this season. We don't just have bad backups because of a league wide issue, we literally lead the pack in disasters.

Despite there being at least 50 OL injuries across the NFL this season, Josh Walker has been the worst OL in the league, bar none. No backup has performed as poorly as he has. Despite those injuries to other teams, only two OL in the entire NFL - backups included - have been as bad as two of our starting OL (Cann and Parnell) and we have backups that are somehow so much worse than those guys that they aren't even in danger of losing their starting spot.

to be fair no i dont think we anticipated having to play a Backup G(i cant emphasis it enough) to play LT.  im giving walker a slight pass cuz hes clearly not a tackle.  i will blame cann and Parnell.  parnell i might keep around if hes willing to take a paycut(IE replace him with a starting RT) and let him be our swing tackle(should be an improvement on wells at the least).  cann can walk for all i care. much rather have shatley if it comes down to that. 

i have some hope for richardson but i cant count a guy who didnt play much cuz of inactive then got hurt when active. QB, OL, TE are the 3 i want drafted. throw in another true edge guy on defense(im sorry but i want a replacement for fowler and a guy who can spell ngakoue). maybe throw a wr or RB. 

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Cann really hasn't been that bad. He isn't worth breaking the bank for, obviously, but there is a lot worse out there at OG.

Parnell needs to go though.

your pretty bad when u give up the 5th most pressures in the league at guard.  sure he does a decent job in the run game but hes like Omameh bad

On 18/11/2018 at 8:52 PM, LinderFournette said:

to be fair no i dont think we anticipated having to play a Backup G(i cant emphasis it enough) to play LT.  im giving walker a slight pass cuz hes clearly not a tackle.  i will blame cann and Parnell.  parnell i might keep around if hes willing to take a paycut(IE replace him with a starting RT) and let him be our swing tackle(should be an improvement on wells at the least).  cann can walk for all i care. much rather have shatley if it comes down to that. 

i have some hope for richardson but i cant count a guy who didnt play much cuz of inactive then got hurt when active. QB, OL, TE are the 3 i want drafted. throw in another true edge guy on defense(im sorry but i want a replacement for fowler and a guy who can spell ngakoue). maybe throw a wr or RB. 

Of course they didn't seem to anticipate any sort of plausible injury situation.

They went into the season with 1 viable backup Tackle, a starting RT who can barely play there, much less sub in at LT...and literally nobody else on the roster that could step in at LT.

You avoid this sort of catastrophe where 2 injuries mean you're starting a completely and utterly useless LT by building in extra depth and insurance.  You find guys who can play a bit of Tackle...and you have them playing Guard.  Or you get a RT who has a bit of LT utility.  Or you find good developmental projects and hope for the best.  Or all of the above really.  You overbuild your OLine depth as much as humanly possible, especially at the bookends...especially in today's OLine starved climate.

Teams with good offensive lines that have the depth to withstand injuries, tends to go hand in hand with a functional offense.

You have to pay a kind of crazy premium for quality OLine prospects nowadays, but if they solidify your line and give you depth to withstand injuries...it's worth it.