2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

Just now, .Buzz said:

I like Fant a lot. He's going round 1 imo, and we need a big bodied target for him.

It's deep, but man to walk away with Allen and Fant would be great.

I like Fant as a 1st rounder and he'd be good...but he's one of those guys who i think might be harder to get on the field out the gate in terms of reliable blocking and stuff.  He's not terrible, but he's not plug 'n play either.  That'd give me enough pause not to give up much to trade up for him.  I think Hock was the only easy plug 'n play stud TE.

Risner though...he's also an instant impact sorta guy, in addition to the obvious long-term value.  I'd trade up for that.  Though i'd also be cool just chillin' and hoping Little slips to our 2nd or something.

• Like 1

Just now, Tugboat said:

I like Fant as a 1st rounder and he'd be good...but he's one of those guys who i think might be harder to get on the field out the gate in terms of reliable blocking and stuff.  He's not terrible, but he's not plug 'n play either.  That'd give me enough pause not to give up much to trade up for him.  I think Hock was the only easy plug 'n play stud TE.

Risner though...he's also an instant impact sorta guy, in addition to the obvious long-term value.  I'd trade up for that.  Though i'd also be cool just chillin' and hoping Little slips to our 2nd or something.

That's fair on Fant. I can understand the logic there.

I'd still be for it.

Definitely agree on Risner or the other OL he mentioned though too. Just give me OL/TE.

25 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i didnt see Sam Lber as a big need with last years 7th round steal leon Jacobs playing well there.  

oh and if your think Bryan takes snaps from oliver go back watch the tape of Oliver and bryan.  Oliver wins 10 out of 10 times on game day. 

I mean, they need to do something different with the LBers.  It didn't really work without Poz last year.  I like Jacobs a lot and thought he was a huge steal too...but the staff obviously didn't like him as much, he didn't get on the field as much as he should have.

And absolutely, Taven would steal snaps from Oliver.  I agree Oliver is miles better, but they'd play the same spot and role and they drafted Taven so high last year because they obviously like him and want to get him out there.  Interior DLine are always caught in lots of rotation in this system.

I think it's probably safer to just look at Josh Allen as a rich man's Dante Fowler who saw ~50% of the total defensive snaps while he was here as a rotational/situational DE.  But Allen actually has the talent in coverage to do what people always wanted them to do with Fowler by letting him loose as a LBer for a bunch of other snaps.  Pad that with another 10-20% of snaps as a LBer and you've got a guy who plays as much as a full-time starter like Yan, it'd just be split between two spots.

AND having the ability to either rush or drop Allen inherently gives us some of those more ~exotic~ looks people wanted so badly anyway.

You have to keep in mind with Allen...he piled up those sort of sack totals in college while still dropping out like half the time already.  So he's clearly a fit for that sort of role and knows how to make his opportunities count.

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That's fair on Fant. I can understand the logic there.

I'd still be for it.

Definitely agree on Risner or the other OL he mentioned though too. Just give me OL/TE.

Yeah.  Gotta shore up that OLine spot and get Foles at least one new high-end big target.  Either Day2, or moving back up into R1.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Gotta shore up that OLine spot and get Foles at least one new high-end big target.  Either Day2, or moving back up into R1.

Tbh, you can get a solid TE Rd 3. DeFlippo and Foles will get anyone going early imo. 

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Tbh, you can get a solid TE Rd 3. DeFlippo and Foles will get anyone going early imo. 

We'll see what happens.  If Fant ends up there at our 2nd somehow, i think that'd be a great choice.  If not...i kinda lean toward that sort of thinking.  There are enough kinda lumped in as good Day2 guys that i think a good one is probably there at our early 3rd.

8 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

We'll see what happens.  If Fant ends up there at our 2nd somehow, i think that'd be a great choice.  If not...i kinda lean toward that sort of thinking.  There are enough kinda lumped in as good Day2 guys that i think a good one is probably there at our early 3rd.

Idk, Irv is close with Fant for me tbh. I'd be good with him too.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Idk, Irv is close with Fant for me tbh. I'd be good with him too.

I'm just pretty meh on Irv.  He feels like a "Trey Burton upside" which is fine, but not wow for me.  But obviously, with a lot less defined "downside" on account of being a projection prospect and all.  Just not sure how high i'd really take him.

I'd still be fine with him in the 2nd, but i have him as more of a 3rd alongside Knox and i like Kaden Smith a lot more than most in that range too, even if he's not as much of a speedy seam threat.  And i like Sternberger's upside over all those guys.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Such a Titans pick, getting vile video Simmons.  Just more fuel on the rivalry fire for me.  xD

Good pick for them value wise. He's out this year but long term I think he was right after Bosa/Allen/Williams. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Good pick for them value wise. He's out this year but long term I think he was right after Bosa/Allen/Williams. 

Idk if the off-field stuff clouded my view of him on the field a bit, but especially coupled with the knee injury...i just didn't really see him in that tier anyway.

In any case...easy guy for me to cheer against.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

To further put it in perspective. Yes Josh Allen weighs less, but he's WAY stronger than Campbell.

Bench Press:
Campbell 16 reps
Allen 28 reps

The players are getting stronger and LEANER. allowing them to be quicker and more agile without losing strength. for any of you DBZ fans/nerds

DLineman are going Super Saiyan 2.

u also realize Campbells arms are 35.75 inches and its a proven fact its easier to do more reps with shorter arms.  Allen has 33 1/2 which arent small but they arent huge either.   im not saying the guy needs to be red Bryanbt but essentially in our Base Defense we use a 5tech. the ideal fit probably would be chris jones of KC of the younger guys that have entered the league.  

that position is supposed to take on 2 blockers.  i dont see allen thriving in that Role.