2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

That was a nice stick throw but I’ve yet to see film of Herbert going threw progressions reading defenses. Which is one thing Blake has struggled with on this level.. and it’s partly the reason Mariota struggles at times. And Blaine had the same issues. This team needs a QB who is going to be next level and not just be the superb athlete who looks good in Jags uni but can’t dissect a defense. In order to set us a part from the divison Mariota lite is not going to get it done for me.

Edited by DuvalsKing

On 10/12/2018 at 2:05 PM, .Buzz said:

Yessssss

I don't see why he wouldn't turn Pro.  Another year at Oregon is just gonna be another year to tear apart some of his flaws.  If he cleans them up...he probably still goes around the same place he'd go if he just comes out this year in a relatively weak top-end QB class.  That's just so much risk playing another year for Hebert, for what seems like very little potential reward.  I mean, i guess if he's really dead set on going back to challenge for a national championship or something...there's that, but it doesn't seem like Oregon are really likely to be challengers anyway.

23 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I don't see why he wouldn't turn Pro.  Another year at Oregon is just gonna be another year to tear apart some of his flaws.  If he cleans them up...he probably still goes around the same place he'd go if he just comes out this year in a relatively weak top-end QB class.  That's just so much risk playing another year for Hebert, for what seems like very little potential reward.  I mean, i guess if he's really dead set on going back to challenge for a national championship or something...there's that, but it doesn't seem like Oregon are really likely to be challengers anyway.

His brother is coming next year and he wants to play with him.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:55 PM, .Buzz said:

His brother is coming next year and he wants to play with him.

to pass up a potential 1st overall pick for a chance to play with his brother and very likely get picked as maybe the 3rd QB in the class behind TUA and Fromm and potentially eason at the top of my head.

lets look at the numbers.

1) your likely getting a bigger 1st contract. 

2) your going to get your 2nd contract(most likely) 1 year sooner theres definitely money to be lost there and not much money to be made by staying in school for him 

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

to pass up a potential 1st overall pick for a chance to play with his brother and very likely get picked as maybe the 3rd QB in the class behind TUA and Fromm and potentially eason at the top of my head.

lets look at the numbers.

1) your likely getting a bigger 1st contract. 

2) your going to get your 2nd contract(most likely) 1 year sooner theres definitely money to be lost there and not much money to be made by staying in school for him 

Again, no one said he would.

But he clearly values playing a year with his brother highly. This isn't some slam dunk and I'm sure he's weighing both options, deservedly so. Family is big to him.