2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

19 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

to pass up a potential 1st overall pick for a chance to play with his brother and very likely get picked as maybe the 3rd QB in the class behind TUA and Fromm and potentially eason at the top of my head.

lets look at the numbers.

1) your likely getting a bigger 1st contract. 

2) your going to get your 2nd contract(most likely) 1 year sooner theres definitely money to be lost there and not much money to be made by staying in school for him 

Yeah.  It's just hard for me to see him seriously taking those risks just to have a chance to maybe sorta play with his brother a bit.  Any serious advisers in his ear are going to be telling him this stuff and trying to steer him in that direction.  It'd have to mean an absolutely huge amount to him to stay at this point.  And it's not like there's even a guarantee his brother is going to be playing a ton next year to begin with.  Just seems like everything else is pushing in the other direction...i think Gil is probably right, and he ends up caving to that pressure and declaring in the end.

18 hours ago, .Buzz said:

At the end of the day, this always happens...even when the QB class isn't entirely "deserving" of it.  Hello 2011 my old friend.  When push comes to shove, i think it looks like a virtual certainty at least 3 QBs go in the 1st round.  If not 4 even, if Lock goes in the 1st...seems like a good chance Daniel Jones probably does too.

Sucks looking for a QB all the time.  All these other stupid teams looking for QBs keeps driving up the premium on them.  xD

3 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I think the general consensus is that Jones goes back to school.

Hrmmm...is that the case now?  Seemed like a while ago, people thought he was coming out.

One less QB to go around if he does go back though, which seems not great.

42 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

in terms for us i would think Haskins probably fits our offense better then hebert. 

the bigger question is if Kyler murray decides to take a shot with the draft. 

Is that the bigger question? I feel like he isn't a 1st round pick. If Russell Wilson drops to the 3rd then Kyler is definitely not going round 1

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is that the bigger question? I feel like he isn't a 1st round pick. If Russell Wilson drops to the 3rd then Kyler is definitely not going round 1

i think at this point alot of people were putting baker as maybe a 3rd rounder. he definitely can potentially go round 1.  might be a better passer then lamar. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So of Herbert, Haskins and Lock who has the best/worst mechanics? We just went through trying to fix Bortles so I'd like to not have to go through that again

I can't speak for Lock because I haven't watched him yet, but Haskins and Herbert need a little work. 

Herbert has the prototype arm and size, but his mechanics are wildly inconsistent and his he is not great at reading defenses. Can both be worked on. 

Haskins probably has the fastest release in college football and his upper body is always on point, but his feet need work. He sometimes throws off his backfoot and doesn't get the torque into those throws. He showed a ton a growth this season with his mechanics and diagnosing a defense so he seems to be a quick learner. 

Both quarterbacks have better natural throwing ability than Bortles, but Haskins just has such a beautiful natural flick of the wrist that just with a few passes you realize that you're getting a QB and not a Bortles. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So of Herbert, Haskins and Lock who has the best/worst mechanics? We just went through trying to fix Bortles so I'd like to not have to go through that again

They've all got some issues you're going to have to try to "fix".  Pretty much every college QB coming out has at least a few things to clean up.

None of them have the same kind of fundamentally janky "not a natural thrower" motion problems as Bortles though.  Which is good, because as we've seen with Bortles...that kind of thing is just extremely rare, if not impossible to reliably "fix".

I'd say Herbert probably has the cleanest mechanics overall, but he does kinda seem to have some intermittent issues with his base and weight transfer.  His flaws imo, are more mental and in feeling pressure, going through progressions, etc.

Haskins feet can get really lazy and sloppy at times, which puts everything off.  That's the biggest thing i've seen with him mechanically.  Things can go a bit haywire under pressure too...but when he's got a clean pocket, he's generally pretty alright.

Lock is a pretty quick, natural thrower...but with that offense, he's not even asked to do a bunch of things that i'd want to see mechanically.  His tape is kinda littered with gross examples of just sorta backpedalling into an ugly fade away back foot toss and stuff like that.  So you're probably looking at a significant project installing a bunch of footwork that's going to be new to Lock, and who really knows how he'll take to it.

All three of them are at least naturally talented football throwers though.  They're not the same type of project as Bortles where not only were the lower body mechanics a constant project, but the actual throwing motion was fundamentally quirky and inefficient.  For whatever that's worth.