2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

On 5/14/2018 at 10:41 PM, Tugboat said:

Yep.  It's why i'm staying away from Clayton Thorson, even if he looks like the most intriguing of the bunch so far.  What kinda QB name is Clayton?  He's probably just gonna blow out his knee (again).

I am well aware that he is (somehow) a real person.  But mine and @iPwn points stand.

I'm drafting a guy like Brett Rypien instead.  That's a solid quarterback name.  Brett.  He'll probably play until he's 53.  Not even retirement will stop him i bet.

Also, i do kinda like Rypien as a guy who doesn't really have the measurables and tools to go super high, but could be an effective Pro.  I need to get a better read on him though, because the majority of what i've watched on him, he looks like a smart, accurate guy with at least solid game managing starter upside at the next level.  But i've also seen some completely wtf things from him.  I'm glad he went back for another year.

i just found a Huge Invalidation for your Name theory.

Fran is a girls name. 

Fran Tarkenton is a HOF QB  im just saying Names Have nothing to do with Future QB Sucess

21 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i just found a Huge Invalidation for your Name theory.

Fran is a girls name. 

Fran Tarkenton is a HOF QB  im just saying Names Have nothing to do with Future QB Sucess

I'd draft a QB named Fran for sure.  Kid like that, you know they're gonna be a tough SOB growing up with a girl's name and still becoming a QB somehow.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'd draft a QB named Fran for sure.  Kid like that, you know they're gonna be a tough SOB growing up with a girl's name and still becoming a QB somehow.

Same thing with Peyton and Elisha. Archie knew he could make them both into multi-Super Bowl winning QBs by giving them effeminate names.

On 5/16/2018 at 10:19 PM, Tugboat said:

yet i distanctly remember u bitching if we took a girly name player in the last draft.  cant have it both ways. 

On 5/17/2018 at 12:49 AM, iPwn said:

This is why Johnny Manziel failed. He could have just gone by John and he’d still have a career. But he had to be Johnny, and look what happened.

johnny failed cuz he was an immature Partygoer first and football guy 2nd.  no correlation there. 

also if u want a guy named like Ryan based on your name theory u wouldnt want him because u know Ryan Leaf. 

22 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

johnny failed cuz he was an immature Partygoer first and football guy 2nd.  no correlation there. 

Because he’s Johnny and not John.

23 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

also if u want a guy named like Ryan based on your name theory u wouldnt want him because u know Ryan Leaf. 

Nope. Ryan is not a good QB name. No idea why you would think it was. Hell, I can tell you this one from experience. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

Because he’s Johnny and not John.

Nope. Ryan is not a good QB name. No idea why you would think it was. Hell, I can tell you this one from experience. 

Johnny is a Perfectly Good QB Name.  i Mean Johnny Unitas ring a bell to ya?

the perfect QB name in your twisted Theory is Dan. 2 Hall of Fame Passers in Marino and Fouts. 

On 5/15/2018 at 3:45 PM, LinderFournette said:

there has been No Proven Correlation to how a guys Name is to how good he is. 

right now everyone is low on Stick but like wentz he will go up the boards some to atleast worth a mid-round pick. im not drafting a QB round 1 unless these qbs improve and somehow Blake reverts to terrible blake(2016) vs solid blake(2017 Version).  

Sure there has...

Tom is a solid qb name. Tom Brady is a solid QB.

Blaine is a terrible qb name. Blaine Gabbert is a terrible qb.

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

the perfect QB name in your twisted Theory is Dan. 2 Hall of Fame Passers in Marino and Fouts. 

What’s wrong with Dan? It’s a strong, single syllable name. Dan the man; you know he’s good.