2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

All I hope is we find some help on the OL. We clearly lack depth outside of the starters

Do we? Not sure we're in a worse spot than a lot of the NFL.

Josh Wells has filled in admirably so far (Likely will have some struggles, he isn't a long-term LT...and that's what he'll be for us this year). Shatley came in for Linder and played most of the game and I didn't notice a massive difference.

We could use more developmental young guys that have a chance to possibly blossom into something sure, but as far as reserves/depth, I think we're ok.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Josh Wells has filled in admirably so far (Likely will have some struggles, he isn't a long-term LT...and that's what he'll be for us this year). Shatley came in for Linder and played most of the game and I didn't notice a massive difference.

We could use more developmental young guys that have a chance to possibly blossom into something sure, but as far as reserves/depth, I think we're ok.

I'm expecting some oline changes next year with wells, cann, shatley all free agents. Then factor a potential Parnell cut for Richardson(who has yet to dress).  I wish we would flip the eagles like a 5th or 6th for the rugby left tackle

On 05/10/2018 at 8:56 AM, .Buzz said:

Kinda inclined to agree.  Our depth at the interior positions seems fine.  Not amazing with starter caliber guys waiting in the wings, but fine.  Tackle though, still feels thin.  Losing Cam has really just highlighted that.  It'd be really nice to have a swing tackle with some real upside.  Especially considering even before the injury, Cam wasn't exactly established as an elite LT that you'd never consider moving to a different position or anything.

Easier said than done, trying to bolster your OLine depth with a potential starter upside caliber swing tackle though.  So many teams looking for those guys and many in a more desperate situation there than we are.  And really only so many guys who can step in at LT and be legitimately good in the NFL on any given week.

It's also a kinda riskier seeming position/player type to gamble on.  Trying to find developmental guys with the length (especially with what our staff want) and athleticism to play LT...you're probably spending a relative premium on those guys, and if they're not at a premium price...they're going to be massive projects, extremely raw, who seem to have a pretty high failure rate.  Which means you're spending a pick on something that you may not even get anything productive out of.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Kinda inclined to agree.  Our depth at the interior positions seems fine.  Not amazing with starter caliber guys waiting in the wings, but fine.  Tackle though, still feels thin.  Losing Cam has really just highlighted that.  It'd be really nice to have a swing tackle with some real upside.  Especially considering even before the injury, Cam wasn't exactly established as an elite LT that you'd never consider moving to a different position or anything.

Easier said than done, trying to bolster your OLine depth with a potential starter upside caliber swing tackle though.  So many teams looking for those guys and many in a more desperate situation there than we are.  And really only so many guys who can step in at LT and be legitimately good in the NFL on any given week.

It's also a kinda riskier seeming position/player type to gamble on.  Trying to find developmental guys with the length (especially with what our staff want) and athleticism to play LT...you're probably spending a relative premium on those guys, and if they're not at a premium price...they're going to be massive projects, extremely raw, who seem to have a pretty high failure rate.  Which means you're spending a pick on something that you may not even get anything productive out of.

i still think we shoulda picked that rugby player that was converting to OT instead of tanner Freaking lee

but honestly i can see us spending maybe 2 picks in the 1st 4 rounds if we let cann walk(honestly im not sure how much his next contract is and with our cap situation rather keep one of the big 3 defenders instead of cann.  we also have a decision to make on parnell and to an extent Will richardson. for a 4th round pick and a team lacking OT depth at the moment it is kinda disheartening to see him week in week out on the inactive list. 

i would keep shatley for sure cuz i feel hes a starting caliber guy at c and g obviously it would depend what he wants but say he wanted something around 2-3 million i would keep him.  wells im undecided on cuz on 1 hand when he plays he usually sucks but this year he seems to have stepped up some but at the same time i dont wanna overcommiting money to backup OL. 

Edited by LinderFournette

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting really intrigued by this QB class.  It really seems like it's setting up nicely for us to get a guy with some decent upside, without having to spend a 1st round pick on them.  Doesn't have any of the headlining bluechip star QB prospects like last year, but there's a ton of different flavours of interesting Day 2 types with upside, but who will probably need to sit for a while.  Which could work for us...since we hopefully won't be picking high anyway.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

If you ever wanted to actually start talking about the guys you're picking in your mocks, in some degree of depth...that'd be real cool i think.

I'm going to move them all to the mock draft thread.

• 2 weeks later...