2018 NFL Top 100 Players

Breesus mode

12 hours ago, jontat83 said:

Wentz is way too high, but there is a lot of recency bias or 'what have you done for me lately' in Sports. The fact the Eagles didn't skip a beat and won it all, looking just as dominant without him also is a factor in my consideration as well.

So because Wentz was actually surrounded by a "Legit Team" capable of overcoming numerous injuries, that discredits some how what he accomplished last season?

The Eagles did skip a beat but not enough to derail the entire season. They went from the highest scoring Offense in the NFL to finishing 3rd. Having a 3 gm stretch scoring vs Oak/Dallas/ATL (19 - 0 -15). Foles was Fantastic, couldn't of asked for more from any QB in the NFL in the NFCCG/SB. That's undeniable.

How exactly is Foles performance any different then say Flacco or Eli's runs? Wentz still led the NFL in Passing TD while missing 3gms. Wentz in "2017" despite the team around him was a Top 3 player in the NFL. Once again this isn't a lifetime achievement award. Players usually vote on the current season. As a legit MVP candidate, it's deserving.

8 hours ago, TENINCH said:

He gets talked about like he's next in line to JJ Watt. To me he's just a less talented version of John Randle. Great player but not anything we haven't seen before.

I’ve said that Watt was the best DL in the NFL but in recent years it’s now Donald. The best ability is availability. Watt hasn’t been available in recent years meanwhile Donald has been available every game since he has stepped into the league besides Week 1 of 2017 due to holding out.    The NFL is about what have you done for me lately. Donald has dominated while Watt has been on the sideline. But it’s not just being available because according to PFF, Donald season last year was better than any single season Watt had when he was healthy.

16 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

But it’s not just being available because according to PFF, Donald season last year was better than any single season Watt had when he was healthy.

This is death by overanalysis. Donald has never had a season like Watt's 2014 season, where he had 20.5 sacks to go along with 10 PDs, 29 TFLs and FIVE TDs (2 on defense, 3 on offense). Watt was putting up Lawrence Taylor-like numbers from a 5 Tech.

I don't care what PFF says, Donald has never gotten close to that sort of "one man gamechanger" status.

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

This is death by overanalysis. Donald has never had a season like Watt's 2014 season, where he had 20.5 sacks to go along with 10 PDs, 29 TFLs and FIVE TDs (2 on defense, 3 on offense). Watt was putting up Lawrence Taylor-like numbers from a 5 Tech.

I don't care what PFF says, Donald has never gotten close to that sort of "one man gamechanger" status.

Watt and Donald are comparable IMO. I'm taking prime Watt over prime Donald, but it's by the slightest of margins.

Humble brag: I had both of those guys at the top of their draft classes. Watt was my #1 and Donald was my #2 behind Clowney.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Watt and Donald are comparable IMO. I'm taking prime Watt over prime Donald, but it's by the slightest of margins.

Humble brag: I had both of those guys at the top of their draft classes. Watt was my #1 and Donald was my #2 behind Clowney.

I never said they aren't - but to say that Donald had anything compared to Watt's 2014 is asinine. Watt literally doubled up Donald on just about every major defensive stat. PFF might have some algorithm in place, but I need to know EXACTLY how that's calculated before I give them the two cents needed to consider this as a logical conclusion.

Open admission: I was upset when the Texans drafted Watt. There was a dire need for CB, and I was livid the Texans passed on Prince Amakumara for Watt.

Goes to show you - BPA over need sometimes works out.

Archived