2018 NFL Top 100 Players

Breesus mode

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

... really? Guy didn't even play 84 snaps last season. He shouldn't be on the list.

I know but dude...he's god. He is literally god. Assembled body parts of different gods....B|

In all seriousness, I'm a firm believer in the cliche; "class is permanent". He's has injuries, yes, but he's JJ Watt. In the conversation for best EVER defensive player with the likes of LT, White, Sanders etc. 

I know it's based on last year etc etc, but even in those 5 games, he was pure thorn for the opposition. We literally put 3 players on him for a good portion of our offensive snaps.

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I know but dude...he's god. He is literally god. Assembled body parts of different gods....B|

In all seriousness, I'm a firm believer in the cliche; "class is permanent". He's has injuries, yes, but he's JJ Watt. In the conversation for best EVER defensive player with the likes of LT, White, Sanders etc. 

I know it's based on last year etc etc, but even in those 5 games, he was pure thorn for the opposition. We literally put 3 players on him for a good portion of our offensive snaps.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree - but I can also see why people get burned out over his name, and how this list is as criticized as it is.

I can't wait for heads to explode once Deshaun Watson is in the top 20...

1 hour ago, Danger said:

No one's offended. 9_9

Speak for yourself

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

94) Kirk Cousins, QB, Vikings (Last Year: 70)

90) Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, 49ers (Last Year: NR)

I wonder how many QBs will be on this list 

Jesus christ. Everyone is getting all emotional over this again this year.  

Another example of people on this forum only reading headlines and not taking the time to actually read and understand it in the way that it is meant to be.  

This is list terrible every year and I will not defend that (NFL players do not have the time to watch other teams like many of us do so it's understandable to me). But this list is NOT a ranking based on a players' career or even what they accomplished alone last year. This is simply a ranking among players based on their projected impact heading into 2018 and nothing more.

21 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

In all seriousness, I'm a firm believer in the cliche; "class is permanent". He's has injuries, yes, but he's JJ Watt. In the conversation for best EVER defensive player with the likes of LT, White, Sanders etc

- No, he's not, yes he had about 4 dominant years but no that does not put him in the same breath as even a Bruce Smith, Warren Sapp or John Randle, let alone a Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor

- Come on bro, I saw the exact same guy, he was pedestrian, he had little to no impact (or godliness) in those games. Sorry 11 tackles in 5 games is not worthy of being on this list

- This and you are an example of getting caught into the moment and forgetting how historic this league really is and not respecting the magnitude of the players who've dominated years before.

JJ Watt, while good, is comparable to Calvin Johnson in that while he was incredibly dominant while on the field, his time actually being on the field was so brief in the grand scheme of things that he did not have time to cement himself there.

Archived