Cobra Kai Season 1

TENINCH

Just watched the first episode....it was awesome....complete with 80's montage and all.     

Not sure why it has so many dislikes, though.    

Definitely going to be watching more.

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Just watched the first episode....it was awesome....complete with 80's montage and all.     

Not sure why it has so many dislikes, though.    

Definitely going to be watching more.

Agreed. The music was great and I really like the flash backs to the first movie.

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not sure why it has so many dislikes, though

IMDB has it at a 9.3 out of 10 stars - it's either people getting a kick out of the nostalgia, or there's some legit stuff here.

I want to see Allie on the show in Season 2 and have her end up with Johnny Lawrence. Supposedly the guy that played Mike Barnes in the 3rd Karate Kid movie has expressed interest in coming back.

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I want to see Allie on the show in Season 2 and have her end up with Johnny Lawrence. Supposedly the guy that played Mike Barnes in the 3rd Karate Kid movie has expressed interest in coming back.

Chozen or GTFO. That was Daniel's true arch enemy.

Just binged it. This was a pretty well drawn out story, full of nuanced characters and not just a re-imaging of the franchise. Johnny, Robby, Daniel, Miguel, Sam, Hawk, Aisha - each has their own issues and they come together to make a pretty awesome story.

YouTube has a hit on its hands. Season 2 is going to be awesome.

Man, I was hoping this would suck so I wouldnt have to sign up for Youtube Red.  

First two episodes exceeded all expectations, and the previews for future episodes got me all excited.

Ill probably binge watch the rest on Saturday.   

Okay, I lied.

I just binge watched all the eps.

Im not even exaggerating when I say thats the most entertaining NEW show/miniseries Ive seen in years.     It was so well done....so much better than I couldve imagined.    I thought it was going to be corny and silly, but it really wasnt.    It was such a perfect mix of comedy, drama, action and nostalgia.   

9.5/10 for fans of the original Karate Kid.    8.5 or 9 for anyone else.   Highly recommended either way.

Only things I didnt care for was...

(SPOILERS)....

I wasnt a fan of how quickly Miguel turned into a complete A-hole.    He was Mr Nice Guy the entire time, and then it seemed like in one night, he turned into what Johnny was on the original.    It was understandable when he got drunk, but his entire personality seemed to change after getting drunk that night.

Also, the acting at some points was meh, especially from Miguel.   Not enough to hurt the overall product, but a little cringy here and there.

Its pretty evident what direction they will take season 2....and I cant wait!!! 

23 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Only things I didnt care for was...

I actually was thinking about this, and I agree. With Robby, it was layered, methodical, genuine. Miguel? 0-100.

It's nitpicking at most, still a fantastic show. If this is the kind of original content YouTube Red is going to put out, they're gonna be in Netflix territory very soon.

On 5/4/2018 at 5:18 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Man, I was hoping this would suck so I wouldnt have to sign up for Youtube Red.  

First two episodes exceeded all expectations, and the previews for future episodes got me all excited.

Ill probably binge watch the rest on Saturday.   

On 5/5/2018 at 8:56 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

I actually was thinking about this, and I agree. With Robby, it was layered, methodical, genuine. Miguel? 0-100.

It's nitpicking at most, still a fantastic show. If this is the kind of original content YouTube Red is going to put out, they're gonna be in Netflix territory very soon.

I dont know, they need to hit on more than this. I havent heard anything being good on youtube red. Netflix has been huge by their original series and carrying popular tv series like the office

Archived