Cobra Kai Season 1

TENINCH

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Thats what I did and plan on doing.

Although I feel like this actually deserved my money.   I have no problem paying for quality.  

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I dont know, they need to hit on more than this. I havent heard anything being good on youtube red. Netflix has been huge by their original series and carrying popular tv series like the office

Isnt Youtube Red relatively new to original programming?   I mean, until now, the only original programming Ive really known them to have are shows developed by prominent Youtubers like PewDiePie and Good Mythical Morning.

Just saying that if this is a success, we could ultimately see them go that route.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Isnt Youtube Red relatively new to original programming?   I mean, until now, the only original programming Ive really known them to have are shows developed by prominent Youtubers like PewDiePie and Good Mythical Morning.

Just saying that if this is a success, we could ultimately see them go that route.

true but Netflix first true original program had a lot of big names in it being House of Card. I have low hopes for Youtube red every doing anything. I dont see them coming close to Netflix or Prime

On 5/4/2018 at 9:39 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Okay, I lied.

I just binge watched all the eps.

Im not even exaggerating when I say thats the most entertaining NEW show/miniseries Ive seen in years.     It was so well done....so much better than I couldve imagined.    I thought it was going to be corny and silly, but it really wasnt.    It was such a perfect mix of comedy, drama, action and nostalgia.   

9.5/10 for fans of the original Karate Kid.    8.5 or 9 for anyone else.   Highly recommended either way.

Only things I didnt care for was...

(SPOILERS)....

Its pretty evident what direction they will take season 2....and I cant wait!!! 

It's strange that you posted this on Friday and I binged watched every episode on Saturday. I had no idea about this series, whatsoever. I was watching, I don't even know what, on youtube and saw it appear in my recommendations. 

I wasn't expecting much of anything after watching Will Smith son ruin the last remake but all it took was for me to watch one episode of this and I was all-in. I cannot believe how well this series was put together. As someone who remembers watching the first Karate kid when it came out.....this series is even better than that and I thought I would never say that. 

Oh and on another note, I really like how they didn't over-do the replay nostalgia in it.

Especially the part where Daniel starts to rub his hands together to heal Robby then calls for doctor instead of taking the old Miyagi approach.

That was classic humor. Love that part.  

edit: Added spoiler tags two months later. My apologies if this ruined it for anyone. 

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Oh and on another note, I really like how they didn't over-do the replay nostalgia in it. Especially the part where Daniel starts to rub his hands together to heal Robby then calls for doctor instead of taking the old Miyagi approach. That was classic humor. Love that part.  

Completely agreed with this.

When he strarted rubbing his hands together I was disappointed they were having Daniel capable of that, but as soon as he called for the medic, I was so happy....great humor and very well done.   

This is what happens when you have writers/creators who both know and love the source material.

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

true but Netflix first true original program had a lot of big names in it being House of Card. I have low hopes for Youtube red every doing anything. I dont see them coming close to Netflix or Prime

I agree, but I dont really care.    Even if this turns out to be the only good thing ever on Youtube Red, Ill be happy.  

This show is legit, color me shocked. It's a bit corny, but they've done a surprisingly good job of fleshing out the characters. Bold move not sticking to the PG rating of the original movie too.

Not worth the 9.2 on imdb so far though, but I'm not old enough to feel nostalgic and I'm only on episode 6.

28 minutes ago, jjab360 said:

This show is legit, color me shocked. It's a bit corny, but they've done a surprisingly good job of fleshing out the characters. Bold move not sticking to the PG rating of the original movie too.

Not worth the 9.2 on imdb so far though, but I'm not old enough to feel nostalgic and I'm only on episode 6.

Score will go down as more people watch it and rate it. However, I would personally give it a 9 out of 10... so it's pretty close to my rating.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:22 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

IMDB has it at a 9.3 out of 10 stars - it's either people getting a kick out of the nostalgia, or there's some legit stuff here.

Sheesh, I’ve seen the ads on YouTube... this actually intrigues me to watch it. Figured they would just botch a classic movie with this.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Sheesh, I’ve seen the ads on YouTube... this actually intrigues me to watch it. Figured they would just botch a classic movie with this.

Far from that, actually - very true to to source material, a true successor to the original...

On 5/6/2018 at 9:38 PM, buno67 said:

It all has to start somewhere - it isn't like Netflix hit the scene and immediately had incredible original content, House of Cards and Orange is the New Black didn't just happen overnight. Once upon a time, Netflix was nothing more than a DVD delivery service...

Once the landed their first big show, additional content started to come in. Not all were hits, either (Hemlock Grove? Marco Polo?)

Cobra Kai has the potential to be YouTube Red's House of Cards - a show that could lead to other projects that find success. You've gotta get that first out of the way, and YouTube Red has done that.

I dont know how true it is, but I heard Mike Barnes is going to be in season 2.

The fact that they left so many cliffhangers and teased so much of season 2 tells me that they have a very good idea what direction they are taking season 2....which excites me, since it wont be just like "Oh, people liked season 1.....so lets think of what to do for a season 2".      They already know..

As far as what I expect/want to see from season 2....

-Johnny reluctantly works with Kreese and basically turns Cobra Kai back into what it was.....and Miguel is turned further to the darkside.    Him and Eli/Hawk are now popular at high school and are becoming bullies themselves.

-Daniel opens his dojo and trains Robbie and Sam.    Robbie and Sam become an item, which draws the ire of Miguel.

-Love interest for Johnny?    Maybe Allie returns?     I do think she will come back, but in what capacity....I dont know.

-Johnny tries to reconnect with Robbie, but still has trouble.     At some point, maybe Johnny saves Robbie from Miguel and other Cobra Kai bullies.      However, Johnny is beaten pretty badly.

-Eventually, Johnny and Daniel team up to take on Cobra Kai....Robbie and Johnny begin to reconnect,

-Miguel, towards the end of the season, begins to realize what he has become, maybe after a tragic event like his grandma dies.....

-If Mike Barnes comes back, I hope he is limited in season 2 and is somehow set up for the villain/co-villain of season 3.    

Oh....and I hope the fight scenes are improved on a bit in season 2.   They were somewhat hit or miss in season 1. 

Archived