Timmy Jernigan out 4-6 months after back surgery

Phire

We definitely need to add someone.

We're not going into next year with the mindset of just being in the picture to win it all. This team should be going into it as favorites. And this leaves a decent sized hole even if Jernigan wasn't as good in the 2nd half of the year

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

shhhhhhhhhhhh

Wish we would've drafted Hurst

Oh well he'll be back ready to go the second half of the season hopefully

I really wish we had drafted Hurst now.

If we could go back in time, I wish we had drafted Hurst and Sweat in the 4th round. This wouldn't be nearly as much of a probelm

4 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

I really wish we had drafted Hurst now.

If we could go back in time, I wish we had drafted Hurst and Sweat in the 4th round. This wouldn't be nearly as much of a probelm

Surely our Front Office knew of Jernigan's status at the time of the draft and has some plan in place elsewise they would have addressed the situation.

5 hours ago, Phire said:

Yeah I'm gonna guess Howie has known about this. Again, maybe they feel good about his recovery. They DID keep him around, just with less guaranteed money.

Has to be the case. Otherwise it makes no sense not to address it in the draft.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

next years DT class will be an all time great group potentially so now we know our first rounder next year. 

Yep we'll get one, maybe even two. With the ammo we have we can make sure we get the guy we want next year in round 1.

Ayoooo let’s ick up Cedric Thornton again even if he ends up just being a camp body. We are looking pretty thin at DT with just 3 1/2 people (old man ngata being that 1/2). Let’s kick the tires on cedric

People keep bringing up Hurst... how does that make any sense? Oh, our DT might be limited long-term, let's draft a guy with a recently discovered undisclosed heart condition lol.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

let's draft a guy with a recently discovered undisclosed heart condition lol.

Never even heard about this. Wasn't there another DT that had this arise a few years back?

Just did some digging, was Star Lotulei

45 minutes ago, Danger said:

Never even heard about this. Wasn't there another DT that had this arise a few years back?

Just did some digging, was Star Lotulei

It's hard to say whether there's any merit to it, but he did receive a diagnosis. It's obvious why teams shied away from drafting him. But in any case... the point still stands. You don't replace an injured DT with a DT with a potential heart problem. 

Yeah, we are not saying in the 1st round... but in the 5th. It was worth taking a risk. The guy is a top 20 talent, and I think he is going to be productive for the Raiders. Nick Fairly had a same kind of heart condition, and has had a good long career. 

Low key- kind of excited to see what Qualls can do with a bigger opportunity. I liked him a lot last year coming out last year.

Also, Graham and Bennett do a lot of 3rd down DT work, so there are options. I imagine Jernigan is not on the roster next year so DT is a long term need for sure.

Archived