Timmy Jernigan out 4-6 months after back surgery

Phire

Just now, Danger said:

Pretty early to presume this don't you think?

He'll be due an 11 million dollar team option next year that will cost the Eagles nothing if they cut him. With their cap situation, Jernigan would have to come back from injury and play out of his mind in order to really make it worth it to keep him 

Smart move by Howie to restructure Timmy’s contract. If Timmy fails to regain full health and/or production, which no one wants to see, he’s easily replaceable after 2018 season. 

Timmy is in doubt for week 1, certainly. Ngata might get some more burn than he expected early on. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

So we've lost Jernnigan (1/2 season), Allen and Curry but added Ngata, Bennett, I guess Sweat?

Not sure with Timmy out if that's an upgrade any more or not? 

They're def going to miss that interior push Timmy provided. They'll be fine with the run defense. Ngata is still stout there. I'd assume they'd use more Bennett and BG as rush DT but yea, it seems that at the very least, Cox is going to have to stay on the field and produce even more this coming year.  I think DE will be fine. Barnett's growth can't be understated. He'll be ready for an increased role. 

21 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

shouldnt we have some caproom because of this now?

Hankins is still an FA and could fill in

Yea we should have a little room

Isn’t Hankins a big body guy though?

Archived