Jets Release Bryce Petty

KingOfNewYork

Hack will be in camp. Most teams bring in 4 QB to start camp. You have 90 spots so why not have 4 QB. I would also like to add that Hack is still only 23. He is the same age as Mayfield which is crazy to me. Hack should have stayed another year or 2 in college. I still think we can get a late pick for him if he shows some life during camp and preseason. I was not buying people made offers for Petty because if it was true he would have been moved during the draft.

10 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

I seriously think Hack makes it to camp FWIW. Honestly, why not give him some reps in the pre-season and try to snag a late round pick for him next year if he shows any ounce of competent QB play?

IMO if Bridgewater is healthy and looks good I think he’s the one to get moved. With his two years starting, He should have more value in a trade. I don’t see Darnold sitting for long with Bowles job on the line. If we lose with Darnold Bowles can say he had some learning bumps, if we lose with Darnold on the bench there are no excuses, imo. Teddy was basically a one year renta before we traded up to 3.  If he starts and plays well I still don’t see us resigning him with Darnold waiting in the wings. Hack is use to being 3rd string so I can see him making the team

Had to be done. Hack has more upside (though I doubt he'll ever take a snap for us) so he's the better one to keep around for a bit longer and see if he amounts to something.

Petty went 1-6 as a starter with us I just saw. It was news to me that he won a game with us. Good for him.

Archived