Rich getting richer

Hunter2_1

On 03/05/2018 at 8:16 PM, Broncofan said:

It's a minor quibble, but S wasn't an area of strength for LAC. It sure is now.

S wasn't one of their top 3 needs (DL run stuffer, ILB, T , then S), but they were looking to upgrade S at some point, though.

JAX & ATL, no argument there.

Just meant secondary in general, really

12 hours ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

Strange statement coming from a Cowboys fan. I'm guessing you don't remember the 1990s.

Remember them quite well. As well as all the haters on this site calling them and every other player on those teams average individuals when on their own only made good by the players around them. Except when you bring up those players in any other debate they instantly become average too.

This line already has 3 all-pros. Not to mention an emerging RT who held his own against some of the league's best rushers considering pass blocking was considered a question mark for him on the outside. And we just draft that was widely considered a Top 10 prospect before his last season in college that was hampered and cut short by injuries that hurt his game tape. Everyone of these players have the ability to be multi pro bowlers. And now that we have that puss poor season where everyone ranked except DLaw. We can get back on track. This line most especially. 

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Just meant secondary in general, really

Yeah that’s why it’s only a minor quibble.  Plus Nwosu adds to their pass rush while Kyzir White provides the LB pass coverage.   That combo really helps their LB play.   The only pick I wasn’t high on was DT Jones.   That D was pretty damn scary to begin with.   TBH they are a matchup nightmare for the PIT and NE O’s.   And I’d take Rivers over Bortles so that’s why LAC is my bold pick for AFC and yes SB champs.   It’s truly bold because playoff experience matters if they hadn’t missed the 2017 playoffs by 1 game (thx K) we’d be hearing way more love.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Eagles: Dallas (ew) Goedert to pair with Ertz is unfair (well, for fans of the other 31 teams). Goedert can come in right away and be productive. Especially in the RZ. His hands and body control, especially for someone his size, are ridiculous. We will have arguably the best TE duo in the league by 2019 (I say arguably because I love the Bucs' Brate-Howard combo)

Eagles-Josh Sweat (DE). Guy has immense talent, and FSU's incredibly piss poor job of using him really hurt his draft stock. The Eagles' DE group is just insane right now. We have the perfect group in that we have Graham, Bennett, and Long as the veterans who all can still contribute (with Graham being a top 10 DE still in his prime) and then we also already have (IMO) our future starters at DE for years with Barnett and Sweat. We were immensely talented before getting Sweat, so getting him seems like robbery. 

Jacksonville: Taven Bryan (DT). Basically the only team that Id concede as having a better and deeper DL than Philly. They almost have TOO many players. Which , at DL, is the best problem you can have.

Cleveland: Nick Chubb (HB). Awesome pick. Their RB trio of Chubb-Hyde-Johnson is as good as any. Love all the different kinds of things each guy brings to the table.

Miami: Kalen Ballage (HB). Sort of a "hot take" pick here with this. I love Kenyan Drake, but not as a 20+ carry a game kinda guy. But now with Ballage, who I think ends up becoming a top 3 RB from this class, they have two (three if you like Gore still lol) guys with really different skill sets yet who are also really dangerous.

On 5/4/2018 at 10:04 AM, MWil23 said:

The Steelers getting one of the most productive WRs in all of college football as of late (James Washington) who will fit like a glove there with AB, Ju-Ju, Bell, and Ben. Perfect fit/situation for him.

But traded Bryant.  I think it is a break even at best.  Steelers are weaker in WR depth.

• 11 months later...

Arizona adding Hakeem Butler and KeSean Johnson on day 3 after already selecting Isabella on day 2. Three of my absolute favorites in this deep WR class. Don't forget, Arizona still has a future first ballot HOFer playing at a high level and an ascending bright talent in Kirk.

Not as obvious and some will disagree, but I think all 3 of their rookie WRs are gonna be studs and complement each other really well, along with Kirk. Even when Larry Fitzgerald calls it a career at some point, their WR group looks juicy.