• Push

Eagles

LT: Jason Peters
LG: Stefen Wisniewski
C: Jason Kelce
RG: Brandon Brooks
RT: Lane Johnson

Others to note: Halapoulivaati Vaitai

Cowboys (feel free to correct me on the projected positioning or starters)

LT: Tyron Smith
LG: La'El Collins
C: Travis Fredricks
RG: Zach Martin
RT: Cameron Flemming

Others to note: Connor Williams

WIth Connor Williams at LG (or I guess him at RT and Collins at LG), it's really hard not to give this to the Cowboys if they're healthy.  Both LT's had some health concerns last year, but the added benefit that puts the Cowboys over the top for me is that they have multiple guys that can start at a few different positions, so that's where I'm going.

The weak link on the Cowboys line will be La'el Collins... he just hasn't been a good player (so far).

The weak link on the Eagles line will be Stefen Wisniewski.  He's actually been a better player than Collins believe it or not.

The Cowboys have more top end talent, but you're only as good as your weakest link.  Plus, I'd rather have my weak link be at LG rather than RT.

I'd take the Eagles line for this upcoming season.  Though for the long-term, I'd take Dallas.

4 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

The weak link on the Cowboys line will be La'el Collins... he just hasn't been a good player (so far).

The weak link on the Eagles line will be Stefen Wisniewski.  He's actually been a better player than Collins believe it or not.

The Cowboys have more top end talent, but you're only as good as your weakest link.  Plus, I'd rather have my weak link be at LG rather than RT.

I'd take the Eagles line for this upcoming season.  Though for the long-term, I'd take Dallas.

Actually Collins last year got progressively better at a frightening rate. Was even holding his own against Khalil Mack of all people during the Raiders game. I think Mack still got like one sack, but he was on Collins for the better part of the game. That's impressive for a RT to hold his own like that.

Yea Cowboys by quite a bit. Im actually confident that Connor can come in and start right away.

Definitely Dallas, IYAM. 

The Eagles have less holes (Peters and Wiz>Collins and Williams, or whomever else wins the job) but Tyron, Martin, and Frederick are better than Lane, Brooks, and Kelce IMO.

The Eagles played great even after they had some injuries.

The Cowboys played terrible after the Smith injury and even before that they regressed. They weren't nearly as good, even when healthy, as they were in previous years.

Eagles.

12 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Definitely Dallas, IYAM. 

The Eagles have less holes (Peters and Wiz>Collins and Williams, or whomever else wins the job) but Tyron, Martin, and Frederick are better than Lane, Brooks, and Kelce IMO.

Your opinion I suppose, but keep in mind Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson were BOTH First Team All-Pro's. Zach Martin I give you no contest.

Comparing Peters with Williams or Collins is apples to oranges.

IMO:

Tyron Smith > Peters (Age and coming off major injury for Peters)
Wisniewski > La'El Collins/Connor Williams (Williams may very well be better career wise but he's still a rookie)
Kelce > Fredericks (Both are good but Kelce was easily the best Center in football last year IMO)
Zach Martin > Brandon Brooks (Brooks is a darn good player, but Zach Martin is the best guard in football, both players were top 5 Guards)
Lane Johnson > Cameron Flemming (Lane Johnson is the best RT in football IMO)

3-2 in favor of the Eagles. The only one I don't think is close is Johnson over Flemming.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Your opinion I suppose, but keep in mind Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson were BOTH First Team All-Pro's. Zach Martin I give you no contest.

Comparing Peters with Williams or Collins is apples to oranges.

IMO:

Tyron Smith > Peters (Age and coming off major injury for Peters)
Wisniewski > La'El Collins/Connor Williams (Williams may very well be better career wise but he's still a rookie)
Kelce > Fredericks (Both are good but Kelce was easily the best Center in football last year IMO)
Zach Martin > Brandon Brooks (Brooks is a darn good player, but Zach Martin is the best guard in football, both players were top 5 Guards)
Lane Johnson > Cameron Flemming (Lane Johnson is the best RT in football IMO)

3-2 in favor of the Eagles. The only one I don't think is close is Johnson over Flemming.

I’ll take Tyron>current Peters, by a long mile. Wiz is definitely far superior to Collins or Williams, no argument there until proven otherwise. I actually have Frederick>Kelce - more consistent, and has been the best center for a while now. It’s close, though. Then Martin>Brooks pretty decisively, even though Brooks is quite good. Finally, Lane>Fleming/Williams, the biggest stomp of the 5. 

So yeah, I think the Cowboys line has issues at guard and tackle while Philly’s is stronger across the board, but the top end talent tips the scales for me. Even with Wiz/Peters/to a lesser degree Kelce, there are questions.

@Danger

Given that I believe the offensive line is only as good as it weakest link, I'd say PHI. Cowboy line has more superior players (Smith, Martin and Frederick are in the 'best in their position' argument) but Eagles' unit just works really well AS a unit - with no glaring weakness. DAL do have glaring weakness in Flemming (he sucks, trust), and also the verdict is out on Collins. The bookends on PHI are the best combo in the league, the interior is athletic and versatile.

Give me Philieeeees. But I do like Dallas' as well - especially those 3 I named. Absolute monsters.

On paper, its Dallas. Bigger names. They have their "big 3" in Martin, Smith, and Frederick. 

But football isnt played on paper (obvious statement is obvious). And on the field, if I have to choose one OL group Im taking my Eagles' fairly easily. OL play, because of the new CBA, is so reliant on your guys , all 5, playing as ONE unit. Which Philly has done exquisitely. Dallas really hasn't lately.

We all saw what happened when Tyron Smith went down. The OL was BAD. We had injuries to our star LT and also our LG position (Wiz missed a few) but our OL continued to dominate.

La'el Collins is just living off his big name pre draft still. The guy isnt good. Fleming is going to be their starting RT and he REALLY sucks. Seriously. Objectively speaking too. 

You cant look at our starting OL (even if you put Big V in place of Peters) and say that about anyone. Johnson/Brooks/Kelce is the best right C-RG-RT unit in the league. Brooks might be the most underrated G in the league, and Kelce's athleticism compared to Frederick's is just superior. 

Its what allows us to use 4 or 5 different RB schemes in just ONE game. Whereas Dallas, like most teams, are married to one.

2 hours ago, BAConrad said:

On paper, its Dallas. Bigger names. They have their "big 3" in Martin, Smith, and Frederick. 

But football isnt played on paper (obvious statement is obvious). And on the field, if I have to choose one OL group Im taking my Eagles' fairly easily. OL play, because of the new CBA, is so reliant on your guys , all 5, playing as ONE unit. Which Philly has done exquisitely. Dallas really hasn't lately.

We all saw what happened when Tyron Smith went down. The OL was BAD. We had injuries to our star LT and also our LG position (Wiz missed a few) but our OL continued to dominate.

La'el Collins is just living off his big name pre draft still. The guy isnt good. Fleming is going to be their starting RT and he REALLY sucks. Seriously. Objectively speaking too. 

You cant look at our starting OL (even if you put Big V in place of Peters) and say that about anyone. Johnson/Brooks/Kelce is the best right C-RG-RT unit in the league. Brooks might be the most underrated G in the league, and Kelce's athleticism compared to Frederick's is just superior. 

Its what allows us to use 4 or 5 different RB schemes in just ONE game. Whereas Dallas, like most teams, are married to one.

This is exactly what I mean. Yir! 

@Hunter2_1 and @BAConrad pretty much summed up my thoughts.  

Also, I am very much not a believer in Conor Williams and Fleming blows, so I think Dallas has one glaring hole next year.  

That said, Philly having a better run game(Zeke was so preoccupied with his suspension and then suspended that he just wasn't the same), MUCH better QB play, and better receiving targets helps their OL look better.  

Archived