Browns exploring stadium options....

bosko1616

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/03/browns-begin-exploring-future-stadium-options-in-cleveland/

keep First energy and Renovate it or build a new stadium in a different part of the city? Thoughts ? Sure doesn’t sound like they’re moving. I would really enjoy a new stadium but feel with a few tweaks are stadium could do just fine. I mean we just put a bunch of money into it. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How does a team need a new stadium after 20 years?

Effin wasteful.

bad vibes man
get it off the indian burial ground (thats the only thing I can fathom as to how we've been bad for so long)

1 minute ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

You would actually be surprised at how quickly a stadium can become out of date 

Seeing as how stadiums like Lambeau and Soldier for 60+ years, yes I would be surprised.

Thankfully OSU has gotten almost a century out of the ‘Shoe...

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Also it was never considered state of the art at opening was it?

What is state of the art for a stadium?  It’s a bunch of plastic seats and cement.  

The open air concept was retarded from the beginning as it limits its uses, but under no circumstances should Cuyahoga County tax payers have to foot the bill for another one, especially if it’s another open air abomination.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What is state of the art for a stadium?  It’s a bunch of plastic seats and cement.  

The open air concept was retarded from the beginning as it limits its uses, but under no circumstances should Cuyahoga County tax payers have to foot the bill for another one, especially if it’s another open air abomination.

Cool stadiums are super expensive. The population that supports the Browns in the area is small isn’t it?

call it Ohio stadium and everyone can foot the bill.

Or Could they retro fit a lid? 

Not a Browns fan, but if it were me and my team had performed as poorly as the Browns have and they wanted a new Stadium after just 20 years I'd tell them to go pound sand. Usually these things are funded in large part through taxpayer money (about 50%) that doesn't ever have to get repaid to the city.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Cool stadiums are super expensive. The population that supports the Browns in the area is small isn’t it?

Roughly 2 million people.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Cleveland

call it Ohio stadium and everyone can foot the bill.

We already have an Ohio Stadium, it’s where the Buckeyes play.  And eff that, I’m not paying for the Bengals and Browns absurd stadiums.

Or Could they retro fit a lid? 

I have no clue.  I’d venture a completely uneducated guess of no.

Archived