Matt Ryan and Falcons agree to contract extension first 30 million a year QB

49erurtaza

I like Matt Ryan, and obviously they couldn't let him walk, but this seems like a deal that could hurt them down the road with that high of a guarantee.  He'll be 33 in a couple of weeks and has had some underwhelming seasons in the past.

Just one of those things you have to accept because it's better than having him leave.

I wonder when a QB not named Tom Brady is actually going to take less money to help their team.

I'm not entirely sure how you can be a competitor at this level and want to take up this much of your team's cap space and prevent them from improving the team in other areas. Especially when you're a player that has already made over 100 million in their career like Ryan has. I just don't get it. Guess I never will.

Aaron Rodgers is up next right? Fully expect him to get a fully guaranteed contract and to top Ryan's salary. 

QB contracts are getting to the point where it's going to have to be limited by the next CBA before we hit the 50 million (per season) mark in 5 years.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I wonder when a QB not named Tom Brady is actually going to take less money to help their team.

I'm not entirely sure how you can be a competitor at this level and want to take up this much of your team's cap space and prevent them from improving the team in other areas. Especially when you're a player that has already made over 100 million in their career like Ryan has. I just don't get it. Guess I never will.

I think it was Drew Brees this off-season took a bit of a pay cut.

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I like Matt Ryan, and obviously they couldn't let him walk, but this seems like a deal that could hurt them down the road with that high of a guarantee.  He'll be 33 in a couple of weeks and has had some underwhelming seasons in the past.

Just one of those things you have to accept because it's better than having him leave.

As long as Ryan has had an adequate oline hes been good. 

Solid deal. 

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I don't think you can count last year. Sark is inept.

9 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Brady married a woman who makes more than him so he don't even need these monster contracts. Smart man

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think you can count last year. Sark is inept.

Ryan was good last season. Falcons led the leauges in drops and he had like 7-8 INTs caused by drops. It was really crazy. 

Archived