Matt Ryan and Falcons agree to contract extension first 30 million a year QB

49erurtaza

60.2 completion %, 3,687 passing yards, 23 TD’s, 13 INT’s, 7.0 YPA, 322 rushing yards

64.7 completion %, 4,095 passing yards, 20 TD’s, 12 INT’s, 7.7 YPA, 143 rushing yards

One of these guys was throwing to 3 rookie WR’s and a 13 year veteran TE that can’t run. The other was throwing to Julio Jones and just got 100 million GTD.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:12 PM, deltarich87 said:

Brady married a woman who makes more than him so he don't even need these monster contracts. Smart man

His greatest accomplishment over all the rings. To make over 100 million dollars in your football career and land a sugar mama despite making that much? Now thats talent.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, jarren said:

Your reading comprehension is horrendous. 

No yours is. I was addressing your specific point about Brady fumbling the ball and I was simply pointing out that it was an entirely different situation than Matt Ryan simply needing to play it safe and not take a sack to be able to kick the FG that would essentially ice the game. The bottom line is that Matt Ryan just simply isn't anywhere near Rodgers' and Brady's level and the Falcons are going to struggle to be competitive with Matt Ryan making that much money. He isn't going to be the guy that leads the Falcons to playoffs every single year regardless of how mediocre their team is like we see Rodgers and Brady do every year. Go ahead and say my reading comprehension is horrendous but it doesn't change anything. Matt Ryan is going to forever be remembered as the choke artist that choked away a 25 point lead, got shut out in the 2nd half, and took two costly sacks in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.

52 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

Do you care to refute any points or do you just like being a smart #$%.

you dont have any real factual points, its 99% your opinion. Its not worth arguing as its not a particularly smart opinion to have. carry on though.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Luck's not going anywhere.

Well no one is trading for him since he hasn't even thrown an NFL football in over a year IIRC. Add in no one can cut him this year with a $40 mil dead cap hit.

But in 2019, if Luck is no closer to returning to full health he could easily be cut. Would only be a $12.8 mil dead cap, compared to a $21 mil cap hit to sit for a 3rd year in a row... Seems pretty easy to be clear of him if that is the case.

That being said, I hope he returns to form, just not sure what his arm will be like now.

On 5/7/2018 at 11:34 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

60.2 completion %, 3,687 passing yards, 23 TD’s, 13 INT’s, 7.0 YPA, 322 rushing yards

64.7 completion %, 4,095 passing yards, 20 TD’s, 12 INT’s, 7.7 YPA, 143 rushing yards

One of these guys was throwing to 3 rookie WR’s and a 13 year veteran TE that can’t run. The other was throwing to Julio Jones and just got 100 million GTD.

Blake Bortles isn't half the QB Matt Ryan is and I don't think Matt Ryan is a top 8 QB. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

you dont have any real factual points, its 99% your opinion. Its not worth arguing as its not a particularly smart opinion to have. carry on though.

It's not a smart opinion that Matt Ryan isn't in the same QB class as Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady? I know you're a Matt Ryan homer but get over yourself. Everybody knows that Matt Ryan had a much much better team around him in 2016 than Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady did. Aaron Rodgers was playing with a bunch of scrubs. 4th and 5th guys on the depth chart at corner. Atrocious defense. He didn't have a single RB on the team that started Preseason on the Packers RB depth chart. The result of that is the Packers playing critical games with RBs that don't understand pass protection. You will never see Matt Ryan do something like Aaron Rodgers did in 2016. Literally will a mediocre team deep into the playoffs. Matt Ryan is very up and down year to year. He's not an elite QB.

5 hours ago, strat1080 said:

It's not a smart opinion that Matt Ryan isn't in the same QB class as Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady? I know you're a Matt Ryan homer but get over yourself. Everybody knows that Matt Ryan had a much much better team around him in 2016 than Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady did. Aaron Rodgers was playing with a bunch of scrubs. 4th and 5th guys on the depth chart at corner. Atrocious defense. He didn't have a single RB on the team that started Preseason on the Packers RB depth chart. The result of that is the Packers playing critical games with RBs that don't understand pass protection. You will never see Matt Ryan do something like Aaron Rodgers did in 2016. Literally will a mediocre team deep into the playoffs. Matt Ryan is very up and down year to year. He's not an elite QB.

A top 5 to 7 QB yes a elite Qb nah i don't think so.  To me he is usually on that tier 2 level around the 4 to 7 range with the chance to go into the tier 1 elite level for a year or 2 if everything goes right.   I will say though on Ryan's behalf that the few years he plays like a upper tier QB is when he has a good O-line in front of him and when his receivers aren't in the top 3 or 4 in drops for the season.   All by 2 or 3 years Ryan's receiving group has been in the top 3 or 4 in drops every single year and imo with the talent we have out there thats inexcusable for that to be happening.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 11:34 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

7.0 YPA isn't good.

7.7 YPA was near the tops in the league. 

Falcons also led the league in drops and 7 of Ryan's 12 picks literally hit the hands of receivers before the INT. 1 more the receiver ran the wrong route. So... there's that.

Archived