Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Cutting Dareus, Church, Parnell would save us 23,835,000.

those 3 guys are the easier to replace guys as we Have Church and Parnells potential Replacements on the roster with Harrison and Richardson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm telling you right now that if the Jags don't make it back as far as they did last yr I highly doubt Dareus, Church, Parnell,.. Campbell, and Jackson all may not be with this team going into 19'. If they don't make it as far as they did in 17' I believe they may go younger and cheaper with a core of Fowler (receiving a long term deal), Bryan, Abry, and Yannick.

Edited by DuvalsKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s before the season but as of now, the only guys that are slated to become FA’s that I would consider re-signing are Grant (I hope he gets more involved in the offense, his speed is dangerous), Lambo and Fowler ( if the price is right).

They will probably have 18M to rollover into next season. 

Church and Parnell are the obvious candidates to be released. If they find a NT in the Draft, release Dareus. Also, Hankins would be a good replacement for Dareus. I guess his asking price is high and that’s why he still hasn’t been signed.

Start talking to Ngakoue, Jack and Ramsey about long term deals. 

Simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why are we so quick to cut these guys?

we Are above the Cap by 35 million for next year.  

Harrison was likely drafted to be our Replacement for church. 

Richardson can replace Parnell and was likely drafted for that reason. 

Dareus is an easy cut cuz of his 11 million salary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I know it’s before the season but as of now, the only guys that are slated to become FA’s that I would consider re-signing are Grant (I hope he gets more involved in the offense, his speed is dangerous), Lambo and Fowler ( if the price is right).

They will probably have 18M to rollover into next season. 

Church and Parnell are the obvious candidates to be released. If they find a NT in the Draft, release Dareus. Also, Hankins would be a good replacement for Dareus. I guess his asking price is high and that’s why he still hasn’t been signed.

Start talking to Ngakoue, Jack and Ramsey about long term deals. 

Simple.

i dont think a NT is worth 11 million unless his name is Suh.  yes dareus is a good player but i dont really think he is worth 11 million.  i would try talking to his agent about ripping the contract up and giving him a new 1 around 6-7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I'm telling you right now that if the Jags don't make it back as far as they did last yr I highly doubt Dareus, Church, Parnell,.. Campbell, and Jackson all may not be with this team going into 19'. If they don't make it as far as they did in 17' I believe they may go younger and cheaper with a core of Fowler (receiving a long term deal), Bryan, Abry, and Yannick.

thats a Little extreme cutting 2 Probowl talents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Abry Jones is our starting NT, we are in trouble. We saw how that worked last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

If Abry Jones is our starting NT, we are in trouble. We saw how that worked last season. 

only reason id keep him is hes good when hes the rotational guy plus he can play the 3 spots. 4 million isnt too much.  id definitely would draft 1 or 2 and while yes Anoku is decent im not sure if hes really that good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why are we so quick to cut these guys?

Because they're aging and not cost efficient. If their production is still high they may continue to play on the roster that was 1 of the reason for front loading contracts. If your production continues beyond your guaranteed money than they'll remain on the team if the player can't maintain high production you gotta go its that simple. Organizations get too attached to players because of what you've done in the past. But in order to stay competitive you have to stop holding to dead weight. Do the Steelers care about losing players like Holmes, Emmanuel, and Wallace so on and so forth? No they move past players even some that seem to be ascending. Good teams remain relevant by constantly reinventing themselves and not staying complacent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

thats a Little extreme cutting 2 Probowl talents. 

Who's to say they give you pro bowl production this coming up year..  this league is year to year these guys are prone to fall off the earth at any given time. If you get so so production from both in 18' are you sure you want to pay them 12 and 13 mill next yr respectively? What because they gave you good production in 17? That was a year ago i'm not going to pay you going into 19'  at the same clip for subpar production on hopes you return to 17' form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

Who's to say they give you pro bowl production this coming up year..  this league is year to year these guys are prone to fall off the earth at any given time. If you get so so production from both in 18' are you sure you want to pay them 12 and 13 mill next yr respectively? What because they gave you good production in 17? That was a year ago i'm not going to pay you going into 19'  at the same clip for subpar production on hopes you return to 17' form.

whos to say our Defensive line play will drop? why do u want to go from having our Dline as a Strength to having it as a weakness?  unless we have some Crazy injury plauged year we should be in contention with the playoffs.  this team is Playoffs or Bust not Superbowl or Bust.  would it be great to make the superbowl? absolutely. would it be great to make the playoffs and put up back to back winning seasons? You Betcha.  i dont see tom or Dave doing something completely outlandish just because we didnt go as far in the playoffs.   if we dont make the playoffs i expect some tough decisions to be made but until the results of the season are played out were gonna assume we will make the playoffs because we havent really downgraded anywhere expect maybe Poz Spot in the lineup(as a 3rd Lber not the physical Spot) and Nickle Corner. 

Jackson isnt very likely to drop off as hes in his Prime and the only way his production will go down is if by injury. we arent gonna cut him cuz you dont want him on the roster cuz we drafted Bryan whom you hate cuz he didnt have Stats in college. Campbell i could see having a drop off because last year was an anomaly but we also do need to have some real vets around to show the young guys around plus Fowler isnt a capable DE thats worth even starting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably just cut Bortles after this season goes predictably up and down for him, and save like $20M+ on the projected cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Probably just cut Bortles after this season goes predictably up and down for him, and save like $20M+ on the projected cap.

I don't know where you got that info from if you cut Blake after this season it will be 16.5 million in dead cap going into 2019 season. Meaning you won't gain 20 million it means you lose 16.5 you're basically paying 16.5 for Blake to move along and sign another contract some where else no GM on all 32 teams would do that. This team is stuck with Bortles through 19' whether you love it, like it, or hate it.

Edited by DuvalsKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×