Jags Offseason 2019

27 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Probably just cut Bortles after this season goes predictably up and down for him, and save like $20M+ on the projected cap.

lol i think u dont understand how Dead Cap works.  we would save maybe 4.5 million cutting him and unless some Guys come outta Nowhere combined with us being some kinda awful to get the QB outta nowhere in the draft. 

we are locked into Bortles thru the 2019 season. you can say the same with Marquise Lee, Leonard Fournette, Telvin Smith, Andrew Norwell, Jalen Ramsey. those are the only guys on our roster who have dead cap over 8 million along with Bortles. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

whos to say our Defensive line play will drop? why do u want to go from having our Dline as a Strength to having it as a weakness?  unless we have some Crazy injury plauged year we should be in contention with the playoffs.  this team is Playoffs or Bust not Superbowl or Bust.  would it be great to make the superbowl? absolutely. would it be great to make the playoffs and put up back to back winning seasons? You Betcha.  i dont see tom or Dave doing something completely outlandish just because we didnt go as far in the playoffs.   if we dont make the playoffs i expect some tough decisions to be made but until the results of the season are played out were gonna assume we will make the playoffs because we havent really downgraded anywhere expect maybe Poz Spot in the lineup(as a 3rd Lber not the physical Spot) and Nickle Corner. 

Jackson isnt very likely to drop off as hes in his Prime and the only way his production will go down is if by injury. we arent gonna cut him cuz you dont want him on the roster cuz we drafted Bryan whom you hate cuz he didnt have Stats in college. Campbell i could see having a drop off because last year was an anomaly but we also do need to have some real vets around to show the young guys around plus Fowler isnt a capable DE thats worth even starting. 

Who said that I wanted to just demolish the dline? I don't recall saying that what you guys have to realize that in order to sustain a relevant football team you have to make hardline decisions on players. I don't think you guys really understand how terribly talented this team is everybody will not be paid its just the facts of life.. good players are going to be let go. This is not playing Madden with the cap off to put it into perspective right now if everything goes well this team has probably 2 starting defensive lines its probably 15 teams that would trade their starting dline for the Jags back up dline so do you think that somehow the Jags would be able to maintain a great overall team by dumping 100 million of 165 million in cap in a round about way into the dline of this team? 

People are out here clamoring about why didn't Dante's option get picked up?.. Tell me where does it make logical sense to pay a reserve 14.2 million? Furthermore why would you pay that reserve 14.2 million when he isn't the starter when you have a starter in Yannick who won the starting job and is set to make $834,269?.. So you tell me where does makes logical sense in a locker room to reward a guy who has lost his starting job before you reward a guy in Yannick who has done every thing on and off the field for this team? Where I come from the runts don't eat before the big dog the runts get the scraps therefore in my eyes if i'm Caldwell, Fowler doesn't eat until Ramsey, Yannick, and Jack eat thats just the bottom line.  

With this whole Bryan thing I don't care anything about his stats or what he did on film don't give or care about what he did at the combine. Once again you incoherently rambling about nothing you heard me utter I simply said I didn't like the pick from the stand point as in a win now mode I felt the pick should have been placed in mind with getting an instant day 1 starter along the oline or a skill player on offense. A player that was going to play more than 20% of the snaps for the 2018 season. My only knock on Bryan is he will not out play Jackson or Campbell therefore he is only going to play 20% of the snaps next season and that he was really, really raw meaning this guy may not produce anything until year 2 or 3 of him production wise meaning if he has similar production to Smoot's rookie season whether they play the same position or not to me that was wasted year of production that we may have got from another player drafted at another position. PERIOD THATS IT so stop reaching fella. 

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Who said that I wanted to just demolish the dline? I don't recall saying that what you guys have to realize that in order to sustain a relevant football team you have to make hardline decisions on players. I don't think you guys really understand how terribly talented this team is everybody will not be paid its just the facts of life.. good players are going to be let go. This is not playing Madden with the cap off to put it into perspective right now if everything goes well this team has probably 2 starting defensive lines its probably 15 teams that would trade their starting dline for the Jags back up dline so do you think that somehow the Jags would be able to maintain a great overall team by dumping 100 million of 165 million in cap in a round about way into this team? 

People are out here clamoring about why didn't Dante's option get picked up?.. Tell me where does it make logical sense to pay a reserve 14.2 million? Furthermore why would you pay that reserve 14.2 million when he isn't the starter when you have a starter in Yannick who won the starting job and is set to make $834,269?.. So you tell me where does makes logical sense in a locker room to reward a guy who has lost his starting job before you reward a guy in Yannick who has done every thing on and off the field for this team? Where I come from the runts don't eat before the big dog the runts get the scraps therefore in my eyes if i'm Caldwell, Fowler doesn't eat until Ramsey, Yannick, and Jack eat thats just the bottom line.  

With this whole Bryan thing I don't care anything about his stats or what he did on film don't give or care about what he did at the combine. Once again you incoherently rambling about nothing you heard me utter I simply said I didn't like the pick from the stand point as in a win now mode I felt the pick should have been placed in mind with getting an instant day 1 starter along the oline or a skill player on offense. A player that was going to play more than 20% of the snaps for the 2018 season. My only knock on Bryan is he will not out play Jackson or Campbell therefore he is only going to play 20% of the snaps next season and that he was really, really raw meaning this guy may not produce anything until year 2 or three production wise meaning is he has similar production to Smoot's rookie season whether they play the same position or not to me that was wasted year of production that we may have go for a player drafted at another position. PERIOD THATS IT so stop reaching fella. 

i gurantee you theres less then 15 teams that would trade their Starting Dline for our Backup DL. 

im not saying we cant Cut them but im saying its Incredibly stupid to blow the entire strength of our roster(DL) going from 3 Probowler(Yannick, Campbell, Jackson) to 1 Probowler. then u factor in getting rid of Dareus in addition to those 2 talents and i gurantee you we regress more then any team in league history Defensively. 

based on what u clearly want you want us to continuely cut guys who are in the prime or clear best option available just to make cap room to keep a few guys. 

im 95% certain jags wont be cutting both  jackson and Campbell until 2020, but i could see 1 being cut Potentially if we absolutely need 2.  Bryan needs alot of development before hes ready to take over and replace either of them at their caliber. 

You want a win now pick but Clearly this teams pass rush got gassed towards the end of the year and bryan will help take some of those snaps and allow our dline to be freasher.  this team also knew we would need to help our future with our Cap problems at the DT/DE position. 

Fowler isnt good especially for our Scheme nor was he worth 14 million and change.  he has to be Schemed into mismatches in order for him to look good.  his ceiling his 10 sacks at best assuming teams are dumb and dont catch on to the scheming him into certain guys.  thats 2 much money even if he was Starting for his lack of Production. 

so let get this straight u wanna get rid of every guy on our roster who "underperforms" but yet u also want to compete every year? if you want to compete every year you dont Cut 3 Proven Dlinemen and somehow get fowler back on a Relatively decent contract.   Getting rid of pretty much every guy that underperforms is what a Madden GM Like you does. 

Also based on Current rosters for 2019 we are Set to be Spending the Most Money on the seconday. we are spending the 3rd most at DL.  we are spending 9th most at LB.  we are also Spending the 10th most Money at TE.   we are spending the 4th most at rb. 

@DuvalsKing what you need to do is Quit Overating our Dline Talent.

Nagkoue= Probowler

Campbell=Probowler

Jackson=Probowler

Dareus= Solid Starter

Jones=Medicore Starter

Fowler=Average starter

Anoku= High-end Backup

Smoot =High-end Backup

Bryan = TBD.

your telling me we should cut jackson and Campbell just because we can? 1 of them maybe cuz we could give us more Snaps for bryan but i highly doubt they both leave the same year. 

Heres a cut list that gets to having 3 million and change(doesnt include Rookie draft pick contracts).  Now granted we would need to find a TE then but  that would get us close to business and that doesnt count all the UDFA scrubs and trash listed under contract. 

1. Released Marcell Dareus
    (Saved: $11,585,000)
  2. Released Barry Church
    (Saved: $6,250,000)
  3. Released Jermey Parnell
    (Saved: $6,000,000)
  4. Released Lerentee McCray
    (Saved: $2,250,000)
  5. Released Cody Davis
    (Saved: $2,500,000)
  6. Released Don Carey
    (Saved: $1,230,000)
  7. Released Abry Jones
    (Saved: $4,000,000)
  8. Released Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    (Saved: $5,250,000)

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

i gurantee you theres less then 15 teams that would trade their Starting Dline for our Backup DL. 

im not saying we cant Cut them but im saying its Incredibly stupid to blow the entire strength of our roster(DL) going from 3 Probowler(Yannick, Campbell, Jackson) to 1 Probowler. then u factor in getting rid of Dareus in addition to those 2 talents and i gurantee you we regress more then any team in league history Defensively. 

based on what u clearly want you want us to continuely cut guys who are in the prime or clear best option available just to make cap room to keep a few guys. 

im 95% certain jags wont be cutting both  jackson and Campbell until 2020, but i could see 1 being cut Potentially if we absolutely need 2.  Bryan needs alot of development before hes ready to take over and replace either of them at their caliber. 

You want a win now pick but Clearly this teams pass rush got gassed towards the end of the year and bryan will help take some of those snaps and allow our dline to be freasher.  this team also knew we would need to help our future with our Cap problems at the DT/DE position. 

Fowler isnt good especially for our Scheme nor was he worth 14 million and change.  he has to be Schemed into mismatches in order for him to look good.  his ceiling his 10 sacks at best assuming teams are dumb and dont catch on to the scheming him into certain guys.  thats 2 much money even if he was Starting for his lack of Production. 

so let get this straight u wanna get rid of every guy on our roster who "underperforms" but yet u also want to compete every year? if you want to compete every year you dont Cut 3 Proven Dlinemen and somehow get fowler back on a Relatively decent contract.   Getting rid of pretty much every guy that underperforms is what a Madden GM Like you does. 

Also based on Current rosters for 2019 we are Set to be Spending the Most Money on the seconday. we are spending the 3rd most at DL.  we are spending 9th most at LB.  we are also Spending the 10th most Money at TE.   we are spending the 4th most at rb. 

Ok currently this what I want you to realize going into the 2019 season right now as the roster stands this roster is in the red for 2019 cap yeah -17 mill.

Bortles, 16+

Norwell, 13

Bouye, 13

Jackson, 13

Campbell, 12

Smith, 9+

Dareus, 8+

And you have to re up Yannick and Jack potential after this season why because 1st rounders only receive 5th year options so capoligist you explain to me how you're going to keep the franchise afloat by keeping the players listed above at the numbers that their at and then you have to assume Yannick is going to make 10+ going forward and we just say for sh.ts and giggles you can get Jack for 8 mill.. and I'll even give you a break and pick up Ramsey's 5th year option but damn what do you know thats going to push even another body making double digits a yr. thats 3 to the above making double digits to high single digit figures per year salaries so that pushes your total to 10 high priced players.

To put it in perspective for you next year right now Philly is projected to be in the red -31 mill in cap for 19' only have 5 player projected to make double digit salaries next year.. granted 20 of the 31 million is locked into Foles contract that 20 mill that he will never see. But thats the contrast now, make it happen show us how you're going to do it i'm intrigued. Oh yeah before I forget you still have 43 other players to pay.

Last thing I forgot to mention not only are the Jags -17 mill in cap for 2019 thats not exactly accurate because that doesn't include this years rookie class so ya might want to add about 10 mill to make it -27 mill in cap for 2019 you know give or take. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

lol i think u dont understand how Dead Cap works.  we would save maybe 4.5 million cutting him and unless some Guys come outta Nowhere combined with us being some kinda awful to get the QB outta nowhere in the draft. 

we are locked into Bortles thru the 2019 season. you can say the same with Marquise Lee, Leonard Fournette, Telvin Smith, Andrew Norwell, Jalen Ramsey. those are the only guys on our roster who have dead cap over 8 million along with Bortles. 

I was saying that tongue in cheek.

But if you want to get technical...So far as i know, It's like $4.5M savings, PLUS another $6.5M of offsets...which would probably factor in.  Some team would give him at least that much as a backup/stopgap/project/whatever.  So it's more like $11M savings, which is pretty substantial.  So if he stinks this season and isn't going to be your starter in 2019, you cut him loose and hope somebody else picks him up.

5 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

So far as i know, It's like $4.5M savings, PLUS another $6.5M of offsets...which would probably factor in.  Some team would give him at least that much as a backup/stopgap/project/whatever.  So it's more like $11M savings, which is pretty substantial.  So if he stinks this season and isn't going to be your starter in 2019, you cut him loose and hope somebody else picks him up.

Current Contract

Year Age Base Salary (Guaranteed) Bonuses Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Prorated Roster Workout Other
Total   $36,000,000 $15,000,000 $3,000,000 $0 $0 $54,000,000  
2018 27 $5,000,000 $5,000,000 $5,000,000 $0 $0 $0 $10,000,000 5.6%  
$26,500,000
($16,500,000)
2019 28 $14,000,000 $6,500,000 $5,000,000 $2,000,000 $0 $0 $21,000,000 11.1%  
$16,500,000
$4,500,000
2020 29 $17,000,000 $5,000,000 $1,000,000 $0 $0 $23,000,000 11.5%  
$5,000,000
$18,000,000

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

Current Contract

Year Age Base Salary (Guaranteed) Bonuses Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Prorated Roster Workout Other
Total   $36,000,000 $15,000,000 $3,000,000 $0 $0 $54,000,000  
2018 27 $5,000,000 $5,000,000 $5,000,000 $0 $0 $0 $10,000,000 5.6%  
$26,500,000
($16,500,000)
2019 28 $14,000,000 $6,500,000 $5,000,000 $2,000,000 $0 $0 $21,000,000 11.1%  
$16,500,000
$4,500,000
2020 29 $17,000,000 $5,000,000 $1,000,000 $0 $0 $23,000,000 11.5%  
$5,000,000
$18,000,000

Plus the 2019 offsets...

11 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

we Are above the Cap by 35 million for next year.  

Harrison was likely drafted to be our Replacement for church. 

Richardson can replace Parnell and was likely drafted for that reason. 

Dareus is an easy cut cuz of his 11 million salary. 

Arent we rolling over that much? I cant imagine letting all 3 go but i suppose it might be necessary. Could be some comp picks to us for a change

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Arent we rolling over that much? I cant imagine letting all 3 go but i suppose it might be necessary. Could be some comp picks to us for a change

How? I'm thing to figure out how you guys are trying to roll over cap nobody knows how much cap is a available because this years draft class still hasn't even signed yet therefore you don't know exactly how much cap is available to roll into next season. The -35 mill figure will grow once the draft class is signed.

11 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Ok currently this what I want you to realize going into the 2019 season right now as the roster stands this roster is in the red for 2019 cap yeah -17 mill.

Bortles, 16+

Norwell, 13

Bouye, 13

Jackson, 13

Campbell, 12

Smith, 9+

Dareus, 8+

And you have to re up Yannick and Jack potential after this season why because 1st rounders only receive 5th year options so capoligist you explain to me how you're going to keep the franchise afloat by keeping the players listed above at the numbers that their at and then you have to assume Yannick is going to make 10+ going forward and we just say for sh.ts and giggles you can get Jack for 8 mill.. and I'll even give you a break and pick up Ramsey's 5th year option but damn what do you know thats going to push even another body making double digits a yr. thats 3 to the above making double digits to high single digit figures per year salaries so that pushes your total to 10 high priced players.

To put it in perspective for you next year right now Philly is projected to be in the red -31 mill in cap for 19' only have 5 player projected to make double digit salaries next year.. granted 20 of the 31 million is locked into Foles contract that 20 mill that he will never see. But thats the contrast now, make it happen show us how you're going to do it i'm intrigued. Oh yeah before I forget you still have 43 other players to pay.

Last thing I forgot to mention not only are the Jags -17 mill in cap for 2019 thats not exactly accurate because that doesn't include this years rookie class so ya might want to add about 10 mill to make it -27 mill in cap for 2019 you know give or take. 

I don't know where your getting this -17 million from unless your using the rollover.

I have the number at -35 million from sportac.

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

How? I'm thing to figure out how you guys are trying to roll over cap nobody knows how much cap is a available because this years draft class still hasn't even signed yet therefore you don't know exactly how much cap is available to roll into next season. The -35 mill figure will grow once the draft class is signed.

Because the rookie wage scale exists

Archived