Jags Offseason 2019

43 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So we cut all 3? That seems kind of crazy now? Shame we cant get a comp pick for that

based on my calculations we wont need to Cut Campbell and Jackson this year unless Campbell just completely breaks down.  might need to start looking for a new Outside corner tho cuz i dont think we can afford keeping 2 corners making 15+ each. 

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

based on my calculations we wont need to Cut Campbell and Jackson this year unless Campbell just completely breaks down.  might need to start looking for a new Outside corner tho cuz i dont think we can afford keeping 2 corners making 15+ each. 

You seriously think we dont keep Ramsey?

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You seriously think we dont keep Ramsey?

i think you misinterpeted what i said. Bouye is under contract for 15.5 Million next year.  assuming Ramsey gets paid like he should hes looking atleast 15.5 million but its probably closer to around 20 million.   i dont think we can afford to have 2 Corners on the roster taking up 35 million of cap space and keep resigning key guys. To Give you some Perspective on the 35 million, the current cap for 2018 is 177.2 million.  Do you think its Feasable to pay 2 non qbs 19.75% of your cap space.  i dont think its feasable and im hoping we would cut/trade Bouye and use the savings of the trade to Resign Ramsey.  

i think its gonna come down to either Keeping Ramsey or Bouye.  im hoping its we keep Ramsey but youve seen this Front Office pass on keeping a Number 1 WR

10 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i think you misinterpeted what i said. Bouye is under contract for 15.5 Million next year.  assuming Ramsey gets paid like he should hes looking atleast 15.5 million but its probably closer to around 20 million.   i dont think we can afford to have 2 Corners on the roster taking up 35 million of cap space and keep resigning key guys. To Give you some Perspective on the 35 million, the current cap for 2018 is 177.2 million.  Do you think its Feasable to pay 2 non qbs 19.75% of your cap space.  i dont think its feasable and im hoping we would cut/trade Bouye and use the savings of the trade to Resign Ramsey.  

i think its gonna come down to either Keeping Ramsey or Bouye.  im hoping its we keep Ramsey but youve seen this Front Office pass on keeping a Number 1 WR

This is not at all the same...

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This is not at all the same...

not exactly but we could have at the Least Executed a Tag and trade and gotten atleast a 2nd for him instead of getting a 3rd comp pick at best.  if it was clear the team didnt value him we still could have tagged him and we could have Netted something better then a 3rd next year which probably wont be a 3rd round comp because of us signing a few FAs that were kinda expensive. 

10 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

not exactly but we could have at the Least Executed a Tag and trade and gotten atleast a 2nd for him instead of getting a 3rd comp pick at best.  if it was clear the team didnt value him we still could have tagged him and we could have Netted something better then a 3rd next year which probably wont be a 3rd round comp because of us signing a few FAs that were kinda expensive. 

Allen Robinson was coming off a major knee surgery and isn't the type of WR that our staff seems to like.

Jalen Ramsey is a consensus top 2-3 corner in the NFL and a CB is one of the most important positions in the NFL. He is the ideal corner that our staff looks for and looks to be on his way to being one of the better corners to ever play the game.

The situations aren't even somewhat similar. One was a very solid to good WR and the other is a generational type corner that plays a position that is much, much more valued by this organization.

Why isn't pretty much any top player that hits FA coming off a rookie contract tagged and traded? You act like TC and Caldwell made some move that doesn't happen in every organization. There's risk that comes with the tag that teams don't care to take the risk on. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Allen Robinson was coming off a major knee surgery and isn't the type of WR that our staff seems to like.

Jalen Ramsey is a consensus top 2-3 corner in the NFL and a CB is one of the most important positions in the NFL. He is the ideal corner that our staff looks for and looks to be on his way to being one of the better corners to ever play the game.

The situations aren't even somewhat similar. One was a very solid to good WR and the other is a generational type corner that plays a position that is much, much more valued by this organization.

Why isn't pretty much any top player that hits FA coming off a rookie contract tagged and traded? You act like TC and Caldwell made some move that doesn't happen in every organization. There's risk that comes with the tag that teams don't care to take the risk on. 

you dont think a Team would have Traded a 2nd to us given how this WR class was drafted? pretty sure we might have been able to maybe snag a 1st. 

regardless im not saying this team isnt going to resign ramsey but instead we need to be looking for a replacement for Bouye as keeping 2 guys at the same position for essentially 20% OF YOUR CAP isnt Feasible to have a Highly competitive team. 

Bolded is for emphasis because clearly your just Nitpicking on things at this point. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

you dont think a Team would have Traded a 2nd to us given how this WR class was drafted? pretty sure we might have been able to maybe snag a 1st. 

regardless im not saying this team isnt going to resign ramsey but instead we need to be looking for a replacement for Bouye as keeping 2 guys at the same position for essentially 20% OF YOUR CAP isnt Feasible to have a Highly competitive team. 

Bolded is for emphasis because clearly your just Nitpicking on things at this point. 

Again, these things happen every year. There's always a position in which it's slim and there 1-2 guys who are above the rest. Why don't these teams tag them and trade them like you're saying every year? 

You literally said above there is a question regarding keeping Bouye or Ramsey. I'm not nitpicking. There's no question. Ramsey is staying. Bouye is awesome but he isn't on Ramsey's level long term.

Overthecap has us -17M for 2019. That's a far more manageable figure (especially since we have $20M free space right now for 2018). Personally, I find overthecap's figures more accurate than spotrac. Caldwell was also asked after the draft, and he seems unconcerned about our 2019 salary (he made a comment that "we can handle it", or something to that extent) when asked about the contracts for 2019.

I think Church is probably my #1 candidate to be cut with Harrison taking over his spot ($6M savings), and Parnell a possibility if Richardson proves capable (another $6M).

I also think either Dareus or Abry (but not both) gets the ax, so its either a $10M (Dareus) or $6M (Abry) savings there.

2020 is the big year, which is when our window potentially closes barring emergence of some unexpected elite young players (Bryan, Chark, Blake, etc), since any extension that is given to Yann and Myles will likely kick in with big money here, and it is also Jalen's FA year.

I personally feel 2020 is our "reset" year (again, barring unforeseen emergence that keeps our window longer) given the cap savings of the following (parenthesis is dead money) on top of what is projected to be $20M in cap space (which of course, would be eaten up by extensions to Yann, Myles, Jalen)

Bortles = 18M  (5M)

Calais = 15M (2.5M)

Malik = $13.75M (2M)

Dareus = $14.6M (0M)

Gipson = $8.5M (800k)

Hayden = $6M (1.6M)

I think Blake is probably unlikely, because he either steps up and is then worth the money or he doesn't step up and in which case he serves as a bridge for the next QB.  But Calais, Malik, Dareus (if he wasn't let go the year before), and Hayden are probably the easier decisions.

If I'm not mistaken, I think 2020 is the last year of DDT (Dave, Doug, Tom, for the old wrestling fans lol) contracts, so that further puts an emphasis on 2020 as our "reset" year.

Lol. No one is giving up a second for a one year rental WR coming off an ACL tear, particularly when that WR only has one good season to his name and wasn’t the most recent season. 

Archived