Mark Davis not happy with Reggie(R1trade down)

Humble_Beast

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not sure how you feel there was better value on the table by staying at 10 as opposed to trading down.  What players would you say were better value than netting Miller, Bryant and having the ability to trade up for Hurst?  Let's take Hurst out of the equation bc we had no idea that he would be there in the 5th.  To me that is still great value for moving back 5 spots, landing the player they allegedly coveted at 10 and trading for Bryant.  I've said it before if Bryant was coming out in this draft knowing what he could do on the pro level he would have been a top 10 pick.  

They knew exactly what they were going to do when flipping the 3rd for Bryant.  RM said that deal had been in the works for months, Pit. was holding out for a 3rd and come draft day the Raiders knew they needed to trade back to acquire that pick to flip.  That is why I feel that they were the ones searching to trade back and not asking for a kings ransom.  They wanted the potential LT of the future along with the 26 year old stud WR that potentially could make this offense elite.  Not a bad haul for trading back 5 spots.  

I can not speak badly about Bryant's talent but the suspensions plus lack of production contract etc.. and I would rather take Equanimeous St Brown in the 6th.  Both are risks just in their own way.  Brown is a greater risk but also much cheaper.  Also I would have taken Vea, James, and Edmunds over Miller.  I understand the need for OT help but if we were going to get an unfinished product I would have waited to draft a couple tackles.  Someone posted a good article that makes a decent argument for Parker to play LT and Miller to be on the right.  If this plays out this way then I would definitely have waited on Miller.  I did a redraft with us still taking Miller but tonight I will do another without.  

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I can not speak badly about Bryant's talent but the suspensions plus lack of production contract etc.. and I would rather take Equanimeous St Brown in the 6th.  Both are risks just in their own way.  Brown is a greater risk but also much cheaper.  Also I would have taken Vea, James, and Edmunds over Miller.  I understand the need for OT help but if we were going to get an unfinished product I would have waited to draft a couple tackles.  Someone posted a good article that makes a decent argument for Parker to play LT and Miller to be on the right.  If this plays out this way then I would definitely have waited on Miller.  I did a redraft with us still taking Miller but tonight I will do another without.  

You're going to be kicking yourself when St. Brown doesn't put up 500 yards in his career and Bryant does more this season.

The chance of drafting Marques Colton type impact in the 6th/7th is probably less than 1/1000. Not saying Bryant will end up close to Colton by the end of his career, but betting on a 6th /7th RD pick to make an impact is a long shot to say the least.

In the end, watch some of Bryant's recent interviews. He's saying all the right things. He may be putting on an act, but imagine waking up from the life he was living, going back on to life on the straight arrow, and then the team you return to decided you weren't in their plans. It makes the demand for a trade make a whole lot more sense.

5 hours ago, raiders4life said:

You're going to be kicking yourself when St. Brown doesn't put up 500 yards in his career and Bryant does more this season.

The chance of drafting Marques Colton type impact in the 6th/7th is probably less than 1/1000. Not saying Bryant will end up close to Colton by the end of his career, but betting on a 6th /7th RD pick to make an impact is a long shot to say the least.

In the end, watch some of Bryant's recent interviews. He's saying all the right things. He may be putting on an act, but imagine waking up from the life he was living, going back on to life on the straight arrow, and then the team you return to decided you weren't in their plans. It makes the demand for a trade make a whole lot more sense.

My point was they both have risks but just different types.  If it is talent alone of course I take Bryant but it is not talent alone.  I truly believe that Bryant will do better this year than St. Brown but that has more to do with him in a contract year.  If, and it is a big if, St Brown can win a #2 or 3 job in Green Bay I believe he has a better 3-4 year period than Bryant if Rodgers is there.  Also I do not care what players say in interviews.  Most of these men have grown up knowing that their actions do not have to match there words because of their talents.  Bryant has not hit rock bottom and woken up but has for probably the first time in his life been told there are others we want more than you.  No doubt that has motivated him but how much is the question.  Once he has been shown some love will he fall back into his bad habits?

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

My point was they both have risks but just different types.  If it is talent alone of course I take Bryant but it is not talent alone.  I truly believe that Bryant will do better this year than St. Brown but that has more to do with him in a contract year.  If, and it is a big if, St Brown can win a #2 or 3 job in Green Bay I believe he has a better 3-4 year period than Bryant if Rodgers is there.  Also I do not care what players say in interviews.  Most of these men have grown up knowing that their actions do not have to match there words because of their talents.  Bryant has not hit rock bottom and woken up but has for probably the first time in his life been told there are others we want more than you.  No doubt that has motivated him but how much is the question.  Once he has been shown some love will he fall back into his bad habits?

To each his own. I think St. Brown could be a contributor, but I would be surprised and impressed if he ends up the #3 and puts up numbers let alone #2. And I think he probably has a better chance of flaming out of the league in three years. I try not to get too caught up on prospects because of how many times I’ve been burned and let down so maybe I’m being pessimistic. Someone like Johnny Lee Higgins ended up disappointing me by burning out, but he had more impact than most 3rd rounders do. I just hyped him up in my head for some reason.. probably because those were dark years as a Raider fan.. Don’t even get me started on how much Chaz Schilens let down people on here, but for a 7th rounder he definitely exceeded expectations.

Back to Bryant.. There was some video of him talking about hitting bottom and going back to his hometown. Got together with his family and cut certain people, out of his life.. Even coached some HS football. All the things you want to see, but it could’ve just been a fluff piece and I’m blinded by wishful thinking. I honestly could be wrong about em.

But this is why we all love football right? So many variables/opinions/strategies and everyone of them is right until proven wrong.. Or are they wrong until proven right? :/

7 hours ago, raiders4life said:

To each his own. I think St. Brown could be a contributor, but I would be surprised and impressed if he ends up the #3 and puts up numbers let alone #2. And I think he probably has a better chance of flaming out of the league in three years. I try not to get too caught up on prospects because of how many times I’ve been burned and let down so maybe I’m being pessimistic. Someone like Johnny Lee Higgins ended up disappointing me by burning out, but he had more impact than most 3rd rounders do. I just hyped him up in my head for some reason.. probably because those were dark years as a Raider fan.. Don’t even get me started on how much Chaz Schilens let down people on here, but for a 7th rounder he definitely exceeded expectations.

Back to Bryant.. There was some video of him talking about hitting bottom and going back to his hometown. Got together with his family and cut certain people, out of his life.. Even coached some HS football. All the things you want to see, but it could’ve just been a fluff piece and I’m blinded by wishful thinking. I honestly could be wrong about em.

But this is why we all love football right? So many variables/opinions/strategies and everyone of them is right until proven wrong.. Or are they wrong until proven right? :/

I definitely feel you on the disappointment part.  For so many years the players coaches and front office let us down.  Every year we were full of hope looking for some little spark that we could build around only to realize 5-6 games in that nothing had changed and all of our top players were on IR with turf toe.  Like I said with Brown, it is a big if and he would have to win the #2-3 WR spot with Rodgers being healthy.  He is a freak but not on Bryant's level and he needs to work on his game.  Like all Raider moves I hope for the best but I do know some are not going to workout.  This I believe is one of the riskier ones and can easily back fire.  I really like what Bryant is capable of.  I wanted him the year he came out and have drafted or tried to draft him in my fantasy leagues over the past couple of years so maybe I am biased from Bryant burning me.  That guy has the talent to have a 1000 yard season with double digit TDs and if we extend him I will probably buy his jersey but I am very cautious when it comes to him.

Archived