Prediction: Rookie RB Derrius Guice will rush for 2000 yards this season.

aceinthehouse

On 5/4/2018 at 8:35 AM, DontTazeMeBro said:

If someone goes for 2,000 it’s probably Ezekiel Elliott. Got the talent. Got the line. And it looks like there’s not going to be much of a pass game so he’s going to have to be their entire offense 

How angry is he?

On 5/5/2018 at 6:46 AM, aceinthehouse said:

With Alex Smith @QB now, the coaches will know they can't throw the ball 35/40 times a game.

Not if they want to avoid Defenses pinning their ears back & going after the QB.

Alex is however a very good play action QB. So to do that, they will need to use the run, to set up the pass instead of the other way around. Which is what they've been doing & why Cousins has had very good numbers.

Alex also brings very good mobility, which is something Cousins lacked.

So he himself, will be a viable option to run & keep plays alive.

I see the Redskins having more extended drives, than what we've seen over the last few years.

I personally believe this will help the Redskins win the TOP battle, the Turnover battle & the 3rd down conversion battle.

Elevating in number of plays per game, playing with a lead which in turn will substantially increase our running attempts.

And I'm also not counting caused turnovers as well, which will increase the number of possessions.

Our new Defensive front line will cause more turnovers, resulting in the extra offensive possessions.

You can thank Johnathon Allen, rookie DaRon Payne, rookie Tim Settle & the Frenchman for that.

True, Chris Thompson will definitely get some of those carries, but more utilized in the passing game as the 3rd down back.

Make no mistake, Guice will get the rock a lot as a rookie.

So much, that he will catch the NFL by storm this season & reach 2000 yards rushing.

Why couldn’t Thanos turn you to ash

On 5/4/2018 at 11:35 AM, DontTazeMeBro said:

If someone goes for 2,000 it’s probably Ezekiel Elliott. Got the talent. Got the line. And it looks like there’s not going to be much of a pass game so he’s going to have to be their entire offense 

Zeke isnt going for 2,000. Teams are going to load the box because the Cowboys have Checkdown Dak an no receiving threats to speak of 

On 5/5/2018 at 10:10 PM, Ragnarok said:

Alex Smith managed to check down a successful Hail Mary.

All time worst defensive play candidate right there.   Biggest fallout is it will justify some teams checking down because THAT happened.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Zeke isnt going for 2,000. Teams are going to load the box because the Cowboys have Checkdown Dak an no receiving threats to speak of 

Wasn’t that the case with the last 5 2000 yard runners except Terrell Davis?

16 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I don't think Guice will rush for 2,000 yards this year either, but I'm confused by this statement.  Are you predicting a similar avalanche of injuries for the Redskins OL this year?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season

Ok fair enough I wasn't aware the line was that banged up, I knew they had quite a few injuries but 11 lineman to pretty much play 2/3 games is pretty crazy.

But still to go over 2000 behind even your full starting line is a crazy statement. But maybe Gruden will run it more now cousins is gone. I don't think 1100 yards would be too farfetched and maybe 5-6 TDs.

13 hours ago, Broncofan said:

All time worst defensive play candidate right there.   Biggest fallout is it will justify some teams checking down because THAT happened.

It was bad defense, but it was a good play design.  Basically made it a punt return for the best return man and the fastest man in the NFL.  More teams probably should try it; the odds may not be high, but neither is a hail mary. 

28 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

It was bad defense, but it was a good play design.  Basically made it a punt return for the best return man and the fastest man in the NFL.  More teams probably should try it; the odds may not be high, but neither is a hail mary. 

The design was good, with a guy like Hill and a QB like Smith, for sure.  But DAL's defense was brutal on that play.   Now though, teams having seen it, they should be ready for that formation and type of play when teams have a threat like Hill around.    The issue is that checking down isn't really going to have the same effect, unless you have a Hill, and your blockers are ready for a check-down.  Some teams have that guy, a lot don't.   Overall, the Hail Mary, if it's inside the 50, is likely the better play, but certainly more than a check-down (we see it a lot in the end of 1H, pet peeve of mine there, unless I own that receiver for FFB garbage time lol).  Hill's was a designed play, what we'll end up seeing are guys going deep, and then a backup checkdown - I doubt we ever see that score, minus a Stanford-Cal like perfect storm of events (TEN TD where they missed the XP to tie it was the other one I remember).

Archived