2019 Mock Drafts

Thread for all Mock drafts

edit by iPwn: this isn’t going to be the place for all mock drafts. Use this for simulation drafts that don’t have a ton of context to them. Should you have a mock that you want to add a lot of detail to, please feel free to create a new thread specifically for that mock.

Pretty sure this wont happen
28: R1P28
DL DEXTER LAWRENCE
CLEMSON Starting NT
60: R2P28
EDGE PORTER GUSTIN
USC Backup to Ngakoue
92: R3P28
QB RYAN FINLEY
NC STATE Backup QB/ QB of Future?
131: R4P28
G LESTER COTTON
ALABAMA Starting G
169: R5P28
LB DANTE BOOKER
OHIO STATE LB Depth
203: R6P28
RB JACQUES PATRICK
FSU RB Depth
232: R7P14
CB SAM BEAL
WESTERN MICHIGAN CB Depth

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wasnt the Texans new OT Rankin expected to go Top-5 at this point last year? Alot can happen but i dont mind talking prospects

i dont recall.  

I do know that 6 foot 4 340 pound Athletic Marvels dont grow on trees. if i had to give you a comparison id say Shaun Rogers if u remember him. 

Porter Guston is a pretty interesting edge guy. he has some solid size but didnt play much last year because of a toe/foot injury but i would give him a chance. 

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wasnt the Texans new OT Rankin expected to go Top-5 at this point last year? Alot can happen but i dont mind talking prospects

I don't know about Rankins, but Connor Williams was a Top 5 lock coming into the season

I want to clarify that this won’t be a place for “all mocks”. We want discussion over all else, so if you have a mock that you put together with analysis for the picks and want to get feedback, please feel free to make a new thread and posit some questions with it. Don’t spam the forum with those, but if you want to do monthly mocks or whatever that encompass a good deal of thought, please do so.

This thread should be used if you’re just spending 10 minutes on a fanspeak or firstpick mock or whatever and you just want it out in the world. Maybe you want to do 5 or 6 of them a week and have them all exist, but don’t want to put in the effort to break down your picks and do a ton of stuff other than just generating ideas based on needs. That’s what this should be used for.

this is a Fanspeak Mock with their Big Boa, team needs and on the difficult setting
DL RAEKWON DAVIS
ALABAMA  Starting NT
OT GREG LITTLE
MISSISSIPPI Starting RT. Moves Richardson to RG
EDGE CORBIN KAUFUSI
BYU DL Depth
S LUKAS DENIS
BOSTON COLLEGE Potential FS
EDGE CECE JEFFERSON
FLORIDA Backup Edge rusher/Sam LB
LB CHRISTIAN MILLER
ALABAMA Considered by NFL Draft scout as OLB 1 he would be a steal here IMO even coming off injury
QB KELLY BRYANT
CLEMSON QB of Future

• 2 months later...
DL DEXTER LAWRENCE
CLEMSON IMO he shouldnt be here but Good Bye and good riddance Dareus
CB LAVERT HILL
MICHIGAN smaller then our ideal corners he plays tough and is a very willing player against the run with 5 TFLs. 
RB DAVID MONTGOMERY
IOWA STATE we need a backup RB with Yeldon and Grant both pending FA's.
LB KHALIL HODGE
BUFFALO Backup LB. kinda insurance for if we let jack walk(we shouldnt but weve seen this FO let Arob walk for less money then Lee and moncrief)
EDGE JALEN JELKS
OREGON Potential pass rush help
QB DREW ANDERSON
BUFFALO potential Backup QB
G HJALTE FROHOLDT
ARKANSAS Potential G depth. 

• 1 month later...
QB JUSTIN HERBERT
OREGON i thought he was a steal here and while bortles has shown improvement hes still a bit inconsistent for my liking.  would also help us out in creating cap room in a year or 2. 
TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM
MISSOURI a really good RS TE.  hes a hell of a pass catcher. im unsure on his runblocking but we can definitely use some umph at TE with how much we use tes
91: R3P27
RB RODNEY ANDERSON
OKLAHOMA with Yeldon and grant set to be free agents i can see Backup RB being a Need tho im sure we will keep 1 of them we still need a guy who can handle a big role if fournette goes down. 
130: R4P28
EDGE CARL GRANDERSON
WYOMING we are going to need to look for a true edge rusher with fowler likely taking a hike after the season. 
168: R5P28
LB CHRISTIAN MILLER
ALABAMA Potential Sam lber. hes coming off a biceps injury but at worse case we need to get some LBer depth. 
201: R6P27
G HJALTE FROHOLDT
ARKANSAS good size guard who can compete for a Backup Spot in the interior with Shatley and Cann both set to be free agents. 
230: R7P14
LB JAWUAN JOHNSON
TCU Undersized LBer(hes 5 foot 11 218 pounds) but hes speedy and athletic and was very productive last year and was the top graded Lber last year by PFF. 

• 2 weeks later...
29: R1P29
DL DEXTER LAWRENCE
CLEMSON Dareus Replacement
61: R2P29
EDGE CHASE WINOVICH
MICHIGAN Fowler Replacement
OT KALEB MCGARY
WASHINGTON Potential starting RT. i like having some competition on the OLINE. 
131: R4P29
C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN hes probably a lil shorter then what our staff prefers at 6 foot 2 but hes a redshirt sophmore who plays on one of the best OL in college and might make a good Guard or at worst we move Linder over to rg to take over from cann. 
169: R5P29
LB JOEY ALFIERI
STANFORD LB Competion.  hes listed at OLB and stanford runs a 3-4 so maybe he can be our backup Sam. 
202: R6P28
RB RODNEY SMITH
MINNESOTA RB depth
237: R7P21
DL DEMARCUS CHRISTMAS
FSU DT depth that has some potential. 

• 2 weeks later...
30: R1P30
DL JERRY TILLERY
NOTRE DAME Future Replacement for Jackson/campell(bryan replaces 1 he replaces the other)
62: R2P30
LB JOSH ALLEN
KENTUCKY i think hes a steal here. i dont think we really need him but he has a good frame and athleticism. 
93: R3P29
C ELGTON JENKINS
MISSISSIPPI STATE Potential starting G
132: R4P30
OT BOBBY EVANS
OKLAHOMA hes actually a Guard at 6 foot 3 310 but hes guard competition
170: R5P30
QB WILL GRIER
WVU Potential Backup QB
203: R6P29
EDGE JALEN JELKS
OREGON Potential Edge depth
240: R7P24
LB CHRISTIAN MILLER
ALABAMA Potential Backup Sam

this is a mock i did on first-pick sim.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29: Adams, Trey, OT, Washington (A+) if he plays this year he likely declares but if he doesnt hes returning to school and his stock will drop with his durability questiomns
Round 2 Pick 29: Lock, Drew, QB, Missouri (A+) Potential starting qb
Round 3 Pick 28: Fant, Noah, TE, Iowa (A+) backup TE/Future starting te?
Round 4 Pick 29: Granderson, Carl, DE, Wyoming (A) Backup to ngakoue
Round 5 Pick 29: Montgomery, David, RB, Iowa State (A) RB depth
Round 6 Pick 28: Bee, Ryan, DT, Marshall (A+) hes a "NT" but i see him as a 3 tech at 6 foot 6 and 285ish pounds. 
Round 7 Pick 16: Johnson, Anthony, WR, Buffalo (A+) i honestly havent a clue why hes available but w.e ill take him. 

another first-pick but i decided to say screw their grading system....

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29: Sweat, Montez, DE, Mississippi State (B-) Replaces Fowler as our 2nd true edge rusher. 
Round 2 Pick 29: McGovern, Connor, OG, Penn State (A) Starting G/C(let linder and him battle it out for the center loser plays guard)
Round 3 Pick 28: Fant, Noah, TE, Iowa (A+) #2 TE with potential to be number 1 in a couple of years. 
Round 4 Pick 29: Sagapolu, Olive, DT, Wisconsin (A) a 6 foot 2 340 pound guy to keep guys off telvin and myles.  
Round 5 Pick 29: Montgomery, David, RB, Iowa State (A) Backup RB that has shown an ability to force miss tackles. 
Round 6 Pick 28: Powers, Ben, OG, Oklahoma (A+) Guard Competion.  
Round 7 Pick 16: Bee, Ryan, DT, Marshall (A+) DE/DT competition. i think he might be 2 slow to really play the campbell role outside but he should be a solid interior DT. 

I feel its a lil DL heavy but u know with jackson and campbell potentially on the outs soon we need to throw darts at finding the replacements.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29: Sweat, Montez, DE, Mississippi State (B-) backup Edge rusher
Round 2 Pick 29: Buggs, Isaiah, DE, Alabama (B) DE/DT replacement
Round 3 Pick 28: Fant, Noah, TE, Iowa (A+) future te?
Round 4 Pick 29: Ivey, Martez, OT, Florida (A+) G/RT competition
Round 5 Pick 29: Gaines, Greg, DT, Washington (A+) NT depth. im not sure how hobby would feel aboiut a 6 foot 1 guy but he certainly is a NT. 
Round 6 Pick 28: Kaufusi, Corbin, DE, Brigham Young (A+) DL project
Round 7 Pick 16: Johnson, Anthony, WR, Buffalo (A+) WR Depth. 

Archived