2019 Mock Drafts

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You say that but Arizona and Buffalo had pretty bad lines and yet drafted their QBs when they did. I hope they don’t take one but i just feel like they probably be picking in a worse spot for a QB next year.

whos to say next years crop is worse then this years. i mean u can argue theres probably 3 guys who can argue that would be over haskins if they declared or were eligible.  

Tua

Herbert

Fromm

maybe Eason(im unsure)

to be fair to the cards and bills but the bills gm is dumb and their HC is fairly dumb as well.  cards their oline is crap but they also had a substantial need for a QB(i mean sam bradford really) and if u look at how the draft went there really wasnt any good value for OL at their spots plus if u look at what the Bills gave up to move up into that pick u kinda had to go QB. they essentially traded Cordy Glenn, 21, 53, 56, 158, for 7,187, 255.  thats 3 premium selections and your not trading that much capital unless your going for a qb. 

31 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

well if u wanna play the hypothetical game whos to say Jones, lock dont fall to round 2, or a dark horse guy doesnt move up the boards from late round to a 2nd-3rd round guy. they could take a guy then but have a good OL to help protect them and help Barkley.  

Because this is the NFL where having a QB is a must and both have traits to become a franchise QB...

11 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

whos to say next years crop is worse then this years. i mean u can argue theres probably 3 guys who can argue that would be over haskins if they declared or were eligible.  

Tua

Herbert

Fromm

maybe Eason(im unsure)

to be fair to the cards and bills but the bills gm is dumb and their HC is fairly dumb as well.  cards their oline is crap but they also had a substantial need for a QB(i mean sam bradford really) and if u look at how the draft went there really wasnt any good value for OL at their spots plus if u look at what the Bills gave up to move up into that pick u kinda had to go QB. they essentially traded Cordy Glenn, 21, 53, 56, 158, for 7,187, 255.  thats 3 premium selections and your not trading that much capital unless your going for a qb. 

Fromm and Herbert better than Haskins right now?

No, I don't think so. 

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

whos to say that the rookie they picked last year isnt the guy,  he was graded fairly well like a round 2-3 guy. 

The year was lost by midseason and they never trotted him out there once. I'd say that's fairly telling. 

Even the final week they don't put him out there to get a look?

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Fromm and Herbert better than Haskins right now?

No, I don't think so. 

u can argue from a talent standpoint they are argueable.   herbert got great tools and some considered him over haskins. fromm has good stats for a team that plays ball control and has solid size. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The year was lost by midseason and they never trotted him out there once. I'd say that's fairly telling. 

Even the final week they don't put him out there to get a look?

cuz u saw how the ownership acted when the HC benched eli for geno smith.   its clear they wanna keep playing eli till he retires. 

your also talking about an FBS guy who probably needs a year or 2 to even play. 

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

u can argue from a talent standpoint they are argueable.   herbert got great tools and some considered him over haskins. fromm has good stats for a team that plays ball control and has solid size. 

Good stats? That's what were basing things on?

Herbert is a tall, white prototypical guy. If that's what your trying to say for his argument over Haskins than so be it. He isn't better though as a pro prospect as we sit right now.

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

cuz u saw how the ownership acted when the HC benched eli for geno smith.   its clear they wanna keep playing eli till he retires. 

So? Eli's streak was on the line. That's not longer the case.

If they thought Lauletta was the future I highly doubt they do what they did. Not to mention Gettleman sure made it sound like a QB was in the cards in his season ending presser.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Herbert is a tall, white prototypical guy. If that's what your trying to say for his argument over Haskins than so be it. He isn't better though as a pro prospect as we sit right now.

herbert is also fairly athletic for a qb. 

On 06/01/2019 at 3:06 PM, LinderFournette said:

Yeah.  There were a lot of factors that probably went into how they managed their QB situation at the end of the season.  I don't think deciding not to go to Lauletta specifically means a lot either way when it comes to their QB future.  Especially considering his arrest during the season...frankly...who knows what his future holds even.  But i wouldn't take that as evidence specifically that they will go QB...any more than i'd take it as evidence they won't go QB.

On 06/01/2019 at 3:10 PM, .Buzz said:

I don't think you were paying attention much, if you missed all the debate over Haskins vs Herbert as QB1 in this draft, when it was thought that both might be declaring.  It was very much an argument as to who thought which was better, which teams might like which guy better, etc.

Now...one of those two "top QB prospects" is going to be in next year's draft instead.  Where unless he tanks his draft stock, he should still be considered at least arguably as good as/better than Haskins.  Heck, i doubt he does it personally...but if he cleans up some of his flaws, he could come out as an even better prospect than he would've been this year.  And that's in addition to at least a few other highly touted guys who are all certainly arguably within striking distance of Haskins on "projected upside".

You have to keep in mind...when we're talking "projection for 2020 draft entry"...we're talking about guys who assuming the play the whole year, are going to essentially match the entire sample size on Haskins once over, just in their 2020 play.  Not even talking about what they've already done to date.  Haskins has a really small sample size as a starter, for the sort of premium pick it's looking like he's going to cost.  Yes, it could work out.  But there's a degree of uncertainty that comes with that, which you have to consider when weighing him against some of these other "projected" top QB picks.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  There were a lot of factors that probably went into how they managed their QB situation at the end of the season.  I don't think deciding not to go to Lauletta specifically means a lot either way when it comes to their QB future.  Especially considering his arrest during the season...frankly...who knows what his future holds even.  But i wouldn't take that as evidence specifically that they will go QB...any more than i'd take it as evidence they won't go QB.

I don't think you were paying attention much, if you missed all the debate over Haskins vs Herbert as QB1 in this draft, when it was thought that both might be declaring.  It was very much an argument as to who thought which was better, which teams might like which guy better, etc.

Now...one of those two "top QB prospects" is going to be in next year's draft instead.  Where unless he tanks his draft stock, he should still be considered at least arguably as good as/better than Haskins.  Heck, i doubt he does it personally...but if he cleans up some of his flaws, he could come out as an even better prospect than he would've been this year.  And that's in addition to at least a few other highly touted guys who are all certainly arguably within striking distance of Haskins on "projected upside".

You have to keep in mind...when we're talking "projection for 2020 draft entry"...we're talking about guys who assuming the play the whole year, are going to essentially match the entire sample size on Haskins once over, just in their 2020 play.  Not even talking about what they've already done to date.  Haskins has a really small sample size as a starter, for the sort of premium pick it's looking like he's going to cost.  Yes, it could work out.  But there's a degree of uncertainty that comes with that, which you have to consider when weighing him against some of these other "projected" top QB picks.

There may be arguments, but I have a hard time believing anyone looks at both of their play this year and puts them in the same echelon. Herbert would've been higher than Jones or Lock, but Haskins has been the guy to me pretty much this whole time. 

Herbert is the dreamy prototype (big, white, athletic) that people fall for all the time but there's way more serious questions with his play than Haskins after this season imo. I'm definitely not about to make a list a year out and talk about Herbert as a guy you should/could wait on drafting a QB like Haskins to get a year from now.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

There may be arguments, but I have a hard time believing anyone looks at both of their play this year and puts them in the same echelon. Herbert would've been higher than Jones or Lock, but Haskins has been the guy to me pretty much this whole time. 

Herbert is the dreamy prototype (big, white, athletic) that people fall for all the time but there's way more serious questions with his play than Haskins after this season imo. I'm definitely not about to make a list a year out and talk about Herbert as a guy you should/could wait on drafting a QB like Haskins to get a year from now.

I mean...i think that's literally exactly what a good deal of arguments were about re: Herbert vs Haskins.

Personally, i prefer Haskins too...but i think you're letting your own preference color perception a bit or something.  Because there seemed to be very much a split discussion about which of the two would go first this year.

So now, that's a guy in Herbert who goes into next year's class instead.  Which already has a handful of other pretty high profile QB prospects.  Even if/when some of them fall off the map...there are a number of them, and it's doubtful they all completely fall off.  After all, they all have traits that have drawn that attention/hype in the first place.  The same sort of traits (or better) than what you see in guys like Lock and Jones who seem very likely to get pushed into the 1st round this year.

I mean, you're potentially ready to throw out a high 1st round pick on a guy like Lock/Jones who "have some starter traits" this year.  But you're definitely not going to start thinking about a list of guys with those kind of traits in next year's draft?  Even when one of those guys was very much in the 2019 conversation up until...after the end of the college season?

I'm certainly not saying, "zero in on one guy for the 2020 draft, no matter what" and start counting those chickens before they hatch.  You can't take any of that to the bank a year out.  But just...it'd be prudent to at least think about what might be there next year, what the class looks like, how many guys there might be.  At least...before you start talking about drafting a guy with big questions high in the 1st, or before you start selling the farm to move up a few spots and get one specific guy this year...who might also come out looking like **** by this time next year.

Archived